Valachio

Conqueror OP

10 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

Personally optics, but I put optics on everything t8 and up because having competitive VR with your enemies (t10 meds) is worth a lot more to me than 5% better at "stuff"

depends, but for the conq it doesnt seem to add to the dpm much and will give me an obscene vr cause this crew is actually really good. I kept vents on the caern for example cause i wanted the rof. needed that rof.

Just now, Curo said:

depends, but for the conq it doesnt seem to add to the dpm much and will give me an obscene vr cause this crew is actually really good. I kept vents on the caern for example cause i wanted the rof. needed that rof.

I feel you. I have tried both on both tanks but to me VR is just more valuable than most other things. I'm sure this is "wrong" because I'm "bad" but I feel like I just do better with optics and if I never ripen into a beautiful purple eggplant because of it then so be it.

I don't run optics on neither Caern nor Conq cos with sub-400m viewrange without food won't really help you spot when everything else has 400m vr.

But on 50B I do use optics, and with food and BiA my viewrange gets to almost 500m. Now those pesky MT can't invisisnipe me and even LT would occasionally be spotted.

3 hours ago, SuperTheBoss said:

Personally optics, but I put optics on everything t8 and up because having competitive VR with your enemies (t10 meds) is worth a lot more to me than 5% better at "stuff"

I like vents better.

Conq is the king of tier 9 snapshots (sometimes with APCR), and you have to endorse that.

Optics are fine, but tank is huge and soft if not hull down. I generally keep near hard cover.

2 hours ago, EthanDuong said:

I don't run optics on neither Caern nor Conq cos with sub-400m viewrange without food won't really help you spot when everything else has 400m vr.

But on 50B I do use optics, and with food and BiA my viewrange gets to almost 500m. Now those pesky MT can't invisisnipe me and even LT would occasionally be spotted.

Caern: 400m VR

Conq: 400m VR

50B: 400m VR

if they buff it itll just be giving it a super conq turret? cause that is just the turret not the hull getting a buff. but buffing an already stronk turret? yes plz.  thing is already a hull down jesus.

5 hours ago, Curo said:

if they buff it itll just be giving it a super conq turret? cause that is just the turret not the hull getting a buff. but buffing an already stronk turret? yes plz.  thing is already a hull down jesus.

added spaced armor at the turret would be a welcome buffer against HEAT spammers, as well as added protection from getting penetrated whenever having to turn the turret ever so slightly (a problem shared with the M103)

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

After grinding through the Churches and half the BP to the Caernarvon now, it had better be!!!  Seriously, the Conq has a lot to answer for when I get it unlocked.

I'm juggling between this and the E75. The E75 got a nice gun handling buff recently.

I haven't driven the E 75 in a while, even before the buff.  I've been curious about it post-buff; but I never liked it really.  I find the T10, which you mentioned liking in another thread, a much better tank to drive.  It's more of a heavium, I suppose, which makes it flexible.  Perhaps I was just too much a scrub, but I found the strengths of the E 75 more situational and difficult to employ.  When you get the right map and situation, it's a beast.  But it needs those, or did for me.  

The thing I'm looking forward to on the Conq is the nice gun, with great final accuracy.  It's also more of a heavium, which perhaps suits my play style better.  Still, I do fine in the E 100, and did fine in the Tigers, so maybe the E 75 was just my curse tank.  It happens.  I'm pretty shit in the T-54, and I certainly don't claim that means it's not a good tank. 

5 hours ago, Griphos said:

I haven't driven the E 75 in a while, even before the buff.  I've been curious about it post-buff; but I never liked it really.  I find the T10, which you mentioned liking in another thread, a much better tank to drive.  It's more of a heavium, I suppose, which makes it flexible.  Perhaps I was just too much a scrub, but I found the strengths of the E 75 more situational and difficult to employ.  When you get the right map and situation, it's a beast.  But it needs those, or did for me.  

The thing I'm looking forward to on the Conq is the nice gun, with great final accuracy.  It's also more of a heavium, which perhaps suits my play style better.  Still, I do fine in the E 100, and did fine in the Tigers, so maybe the E 75 was just my curse tank.  It happens.  I'm pretty shit in the T-54, and I certainly don't claim that means it's not a good tank. 

The Conq is, AFAIK, an even more situational tank than either the T-10 or the E 75.

E 75, post buff, actually has good enough gun handling to make it a somewhat decent support tank when forced into the role. Of course, you should always try to be a frontline tank where possible, making use of your thick sides and invincible UFP to anchor your team.

You say that the Conq is a heavium. It really isn't. It's a pure support heavy in much the same way as the Tiger I was at Tier 7. It isn't even that much faster than the E 75 especially considering the latter's generous top speed and breakneck hull traverse. Unlike the M103, which is otherwise very similar, the Conq's armour only works when hulldown and your ammorack will evaporate along with your HP should you give your enemies shots on your LFP.

The way I see it, all three tanks are keepers since they bring something different than their Tier 10s. The Conq has the mid mounted turret; the E75 is strangely agile despite superheavy weight and protection, and the T-10 is an amazing package. If I were you, I'd keep those tanks myself unless you really, really loathe Tier 9  for some reason.

On 5/1/2017 at 2:02 PM, lavawing said:

The Conq is, AFAIK, an even more situational tank than either the T-10 or the E 75.

You say that the Conq is a heavium. It really isn't. It's a pure support heavy in much the same way as the Tiger I was at Tier 7. It isn't even that much faster than the E 75 especially considering the latter's generous top speed and breakneck hull traverse. Unlike the M103, which is otherwise very similar, the Conq's armour only works when hulldown and your ammorack will evaporate along with your HP should you give your enemies shots on your LFP.

what the Conqueror lacks in top speed to the E75, it makes up for it with a better p/w ratio. 

the recent re-useable consumable change is truly welcome to tanks like the Conqueror that gets its ammo rack damaged easily with a shot to the LFP. while it doesn't mean that you should expose yourself more, it becomes far less punishing especially in longer, drawn out firefights. 

On 5/1/2017 at 2:02 PM, lavawing said:

The way I see it, all three tanks are keepers since they bring something different than their Tier 10s. The Conq has the mid mounted turret; the E75 is strangely agile despite superheavy weight and protection, and the T-10 is an amazing package. If I were you, I'd keep those tanks myself unless you really, really loathe Tier 9  for some reason.

these three tanks seem to occupy that sweet spot, and tier 9 is also a sweet spot for me. ive got the T-10 and Conqueror and i'd find it hard to part ways with those, if and when the German heavy tanks get a discount i'll be diving into the E75 asap

I'll resurrect this shit.

I'm currently playing mine, and I want to run food. The thing is I don't like the idea of 20% fire even when I know it's unlikely I'm going to burn. To this end I put Firefighting Directive on my Conq, then ran food. Is this a waste?

I want to get some opinions on a good use for that slot. The obvious choice is to stick the vents directive in there and just not get shot and burned. The side armor + fuel tanks are making me hesitant however.

22 hours ago, Rin_ said:

I'm currently playing mine, and I want to run food. The thing is I don't like the idea of 20% fire even when I know it's unlikely I'm going to burn. To this end I put Firefighting Directive on my Conq, then ran food. Is this a waste?

I'm currently grinding this, and in the 80-something games I have so far, the tank has not burned once. And I ate a lot of Shells to the side, thanks to my inability to properly angle it. Fuel tanks often get damaged but never burned so far. Engine was, IIRC, never damaged.

Keep in mind, the 20% fire chance is for the engine, not the fuel tanks.

I Would be interested in some advice concerning directives, too, though.

On a side note, I really struggle to carry in this thing. After fully researching everything I had numerous games with 4k, 5k damage but in the end got overwhelmed by the rest of the opposition when the other flank collapses as usual.

What's the common playstyle now in World of Corridors? Should I sit behind the pubbies and snipe away? Too close to the frontline, even if hull down, the commander's hatch get's perforated way too easily for my liking (or people just shoot the UFP or the angled sides like it's a fucking Centurion).

23 hours ago, Rin_ said:

I want to get some opinions on a good use for that slot. The obvious choice is to stick the vents directive in there and just not get shot and burned. The side armor + fuel tanks are making me hesitant however.

Engine fire-chance is largely irrelevant. The vast majority of fires are caused by fuel-tank breaches.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:12 PM, Rin_ said:

keep that fire extinguisher handy onboard until your Conqueror crew is fully trained in firefighting. I find its more likely to have the ammo rack damaged from fore side hits, and a damaged fuel tank should be repaired when given an opportunity.

On 6.12.2016 at 9:30 AM, Monkey said:

So this might be a thing:

aleksander-galevskyi-conqueror-05.jpg?14

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/yRnd8

Found it on reddit. WG tag, claims that its due for 9.17?

Edit: see this thread for a discussion on the changes:

Wow this is rly exactly the model we have on the testserver now. Sometimes the leaks are just awesome. 

---

After the horror aka BlackPrince and prebuffed Caravan this tank is such a pleasure to play. Awesome gun and decent mobility and nice turret. All I needed was 80k freeXp to skip the stock grind :P. But what I don't get are the Marks requirements at the moment. Vbaddict says you need ~2600dmg for the the second mark. Well I am at 2800 pure dmg without assisted and only at 82% (102 battles). :babyrage:

I've been grinding the Conq to get the FV215b before the next patch.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Even with the top gun, I still suck. 

The hull is just butter.  I try to side-scrape and they seem to pen me most of the time.  The front/top of the turret seems very easy to pen from the front too.

It seems like the only time the armor works is when I'm at an extreme angle on a hill.

On 7.10.2017 at 1:21 AM, NightmareMk9 said:

I've been grinding the Conq to get the FV215b before the next patch.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Even with the top gun, I still suck. 

The hull is just butter.  I try to side-scrape and they seem to pen me most of the time.  The front/top of the turret seems very easy to pen from the front too.

It seems like the only time the armor works is when I'm at an extreme angle on a hill.

I had to learn it the hard way, too. This tank is not fit to take any hits to the hull.

Sidescraping only ever works in the sharpest of angles when the fat tracks eat the shells or you have an auto bounce angle. In that case you probably can't shoot back because of the center turret. So you have to expose the hull which in turn is an invitation for almost everyone (even T8 meds with standard ammo, srsly...) to hit your sensitive parts.

In Essence: Don't brawl. Avoid city fights as much as possible, unless you have enough pubbys to eat some shells for you.

If you have to brawl, try to bait shots in the tracks and have your repair skills near max.

Remember that you probably can out-DPM almost any other T9 heavy and medium. So if you have to trade, try to do it 1-for-2-shots (second one preferably with a tracking shot, too, so that they can't follow you).

The ideal situation is, of course, going hull down behind some rubble or small hill or some dead tank you left behind. That turret can take a serious beating. Don't stay still though, as the commander's hatch is a convenient weak spot.

Get some distance to the opposition. Second line sniper is the preferred role of this tank.

And watch the video by Valachio on the first page, as it's still pretty spot on.

For those on EU and NA, how is the Conq doing in 9.20.1?

With the UFP buff and the gun dep buff, it seems to be that the tank should now play like a super M103 than a Tier 9 Tiger I. Just as the T32 (and Patriot) have become a worse Caern, the E5's has more or less had its niche completely taken by the Super Conq. In effect, the entire American heavy line seems at least to me to have been rendered redundant from Tier 8 and upwards. 

Sadly, since ASIA is still ASIA, everything I said is just theorycrafting.

Well, I was skeptical, just before the patch i bought FV, and kept the Conqueror. I liked the tank very much, and for me it was a keeper, but I was not sure will it be destroyed after the patch...

And for me, it is still a keeper :) .

But have in mind that tier 9 is my favorite tier so i might be biased, I have like 20 tier 9 tanks, even though i have all the 10s that come after those.