kolni

Jagdtiger 8.8 Removed From Store

Taking that comment seriously...? +1. having sticks up our asses is the new meta.

I am not a psychic (could be nice though as it would make FC'ing easier), so how am I supposed to know that you weren't serious? I only had one line of text to go from. Considering I got 17 upvotes I was clearly not the only one reading your message that way. 
Please remember that communication on this forum is in the format of the written language, so it is incredible hard to 'read between the lines' and understand the emotional state of the person writing. Especially when it is a person I do not know from platooning. If you want to be taken less seriously, then use one of the many smileys of this forum. They serve the purpose to highlight the emotional state with which a given message should be read.

But let us not drag this thread off-topic anymore. See this as a good lesson as to when/why to use smileys if you are trolling/goofing around. :) 

Taking that comment seriously...? +1. having sticks up our asses is the new meta.

+1 for back-pedalling?

Maybe it's just me but you generally come across as being a bit of a dick and hence if you post something that could be interpreted in various ways I'll assume you're intending it in the dickish way unless you indicate otherwise. Seems like the same goes for WaterWar and the 17 people who +1ed his reply.

I think I had a couple of near 200k matches in the JT88 as well. Alas, no replays exist. There's also the leftover YouTube videos for my now extinct JT88 guide. I'm still pissed WoT Pro just disappeared like that :-/ But hey, at least I got 50k gold out of winning that guide contest :-)

Man, dat guide of mine. Such amateur hour :-)

On another note, if you're able to get this tank, GET IT. Probably the best pure credit grinder in the game apart from the T34.

I enjoy my CDC much more even though I make less credits with it than I did with the JT 8.8.

Driving (or rather, crawling with) the JT 8.8 seemed like a chore - and that was when we still had a TD meta. Let it rest.

I'm really tempted to get one with some remaining money. I'm used to HT's and abysmal mobility, so I'm not turned away by the speed.

Is it worth ~$40, or would I be better off getting a Super Pershing?

Damn, I should have picked up that code on the day this was announced. Price of the codes has gone from a little over 3 sofritas burrito bowls to 4 and a half sofritas burrito bowls ($32). I want to get it but 4 burrito bowls is my limit when it comes to virtual tanks.

SP is great, will always be my favorite prem.

Somebody mentioned the JT88's 3700 DPM with a good crew or whatever - ISU-122S has 3900 at Tier 7, with much better mobility and I expect much better camo.  That said:

• dat armor

• dat accuracy

•'dat pen

JT88 superstructure is ridiculous, and stands close to a 50% chance of bouncing the SP's gold round even on the flattest feasible shot...and shots are rarely perfectly flat.  I want one just to be a hull-down bully indestructible fire support machine.

Also, to the people complaining about the mobility: I don't deny the value of mobility, but plenty of good tanks make do with crap mobility - everything from the  KV-1 and AT 2 on up to the E 75, E 100 and Maus.

JT88 DPM isn't really good, weirdly enough. I think it probably has one of the lowest effective DPMs of any T8 TD. That said, it does have the staying power to put it to use, and it certainly beats the crap out of t8 mt/ht dpm.

JT88 DPM isn't really good, weirdly enough. I think it probably has one of the lowest effective DPMs of any T8 TD. That said, it does have the staying power to put it to use, and it certainly beats the crap out of t8 mt/ht dpm.

2666 for JT88.  ISU-153 is about 2500, to compare.

Effective DPM, not the DPM on paper. JT88 falls behind pretty far in that regard, and it's really the only DPM that matters (unless you constantly engage without a shell loaded...). That's 3,021 for the JT88 and 3,416 for the ISU.

Effective DPM, not the DPM on paper. JT88 falls behind pretty far in that regard, and it's really the only DPM that matters (unless you constantly engage without a shell loaded...). That's 3,021 for the JT88 and 3,416 for the ISU.

That seems to assume being able to force a peekaboom fight, though, which I would think is more the province of turreted tanks...although I admit my experience in casemate TDs is very thin.

Actually, never mind, I see what you're saying now.  ISU should win that fight even without peekaboom...what's the pen on the ISU's HEAT round, though?

For fuck's sake.  Does nobody actually use the goddamn APCR?  Just going off my obviously-infallible-of-course memory, I don't seem to remember ISUs being this unbounceable beast.

Christ, 329 pen at Tier 8.  And people bitch about 90mm APCR!

For fuck's sake.  Does nobody actually use the goddamn APCR?  Just going off my obviously-infallible-of-course memory, I don't seem to remember ISUs being this unbounceable beast.

Christ, 329 pen at Tier 8.  And people bitch about 90mm APCR!

The ISU has the same BL-10 as the 704. But given that the AP pen is 286, you really don't need much APCR...

JT88 DPM does suffer due to random misses and poor pen. The APCR round on the long 88 is pretty pathetic.

As a result, the JT88 excels at hull-down bullying of lower tier vehicles but against same or higher tiers it tends to suffer.

The ISU has the same BL-10 as the 704. But given that the AP pen is 286, you really don't need much APCR...

It sees E3s/E-100/IS-7s, soo....

Also the APCR is actually quite cheap for damage.