kolni

Jagdtiger 8.8 Removed From Store

I haven't played mine in a while, played it when I was really bad, but with the current meta it might actually be better.  Its still slow, but every map now has a few well defined corridors so you know right where to go, you get there right at the perfect time to second line support.

Stalingrad, Kharkov, Tundra, Fjords, Siegfried Line, Hidden Village, Sacred Valley etc all have those well defined spots where you can get there after the brawl starts and then just buzz saw them.  The maps you get screwed on right from the loading screen are just getting less and less. 

In addition, the vehicles that are being added over the last year since I played it are all soft.   Has there been any new vehicles with armor?

Have to take it out for a spin. 

Spencer has a list of the top 50 in DPG for the JT88 (and all other tanks) here http://www.mediafire.com/download/fdsuu792r9f67p3/website.zip

It show the vehicle limitations in that the difference between 2nd place (2291) and 50th place (2038) is basically one shot.  First place is 2432.  The top 50 are very compressed so there is hard ceiling on what you can do with it.  I know that WG wants to get rid of all preferred MM vehicles, if anything this one should be one of the last to go.

Bruh....my WN8 comes mostly from heavies and slow TD's. Although I will definitely agree that WN8 is MUCH easier if you just spam meds, I have no interest in doing so.

As for the topic at hand, JT88 is king of the money printers, and always has been. Fun fact: it actually has better armor than the tier 9 Jagdtiger. If you have a JPE100, this thing is a must have.

Please, kind sire, enlighten me and pray tell, how does the jt88 have better armor than the jt? I'm really curious to know

LFP is 20mm thicker. JT used to have the same LFP, but eventually they "fixed" it. JT88 remained unchanged because it was a premium.

It's a rather big deal because the JT88's LFP can actually bounce 175 pen guns, while the JT's LFP will be penned by literally anything that hits it.

Replaced the extinguisher w/o high-octane, and combined with Off-road Driving:

• Movement is suddenly tolerable + noticeably easier to deal with would-be flankers
  • Positioning opportunities open up a bit

Better movement + positioning => more survival, more shots => Better effective DPM.

I'm grinding 6 crew + credits + the top JP II gun right now, and the grind just went from almost-unbearable to actually enjoyable for what it is.

Edited by Terekhov

Better LFP?

jt88 has 120mm lfp

jt t9 has 100mm lfp but ~5 degree better angled.

jt88 has 120mm lfp

jt t9 has 100mm lfp

They improved the angles on both the LFP and the superstructure.

Indeedy, JT88 LFP will be around ~185mm on flat ground at mid range, from the current 165. I think it's a bit absurd of a buff, considering they also got rid of the only other frontal weakspot (the MG port, which is 125mm).

Indeedy, JT88 LFP will be around ~185mm on flat ground at mid range, from the current 165. I think it's a bit absurd of a buff, considering they also got rid of the only other frontal weakspot (the MG port, which is 125mm).

Now it just needs a turret Such_doge_Small.png

Alright folks, necroing this because it's rental (and dope at making bank) and I have to ask, should I buy this? I made 2 million credits in 48 hours w/ premium account (I normally don't have premium time unfortunately). Is the JT88 worth the buy? It's like 45$ for the tank alone on NA.

Edit: Just calculated my avg net credits in this. 42600/battle. That's AMAZING.

It sounds like you already have most the info to make this decision.  Slightly on the "pro" side is that it will eventually go away from the store.

On the negative side it is slow and that can make credit grinds a bear.   This weekend might not have been a good test of that because the td special meant the games were slower anyway and you had less lt or mt threats to deal with.

based on comments I think a recent premium (mutz?) earns similar or slightly less amounts but may be more fun to play.  This can be a big deal over time, where you want the credit "grind" to be as little of a grind as possible because you will do it a lot (esp without prem)

4 hours ago, stagnate said:

It sounds like you already have most the info to make this decision.  Slightly on the "pro" side is that it will eventually go away from the store.

On the negative side it is slow and that can make credit grinds a bear.   This weekend might not have been a good test of that because the td special meant the games were slower anyway and you had less lt or mt threats to deal with.

based on comments I think a recent premium (mutz?) earns similar or slightly less amounts but may be more fun to play.  This can be a big deal over time, where you want the credit "grind" to be as little of a grind as possible because you will do it a lot (esp without prem)

Wait, so what tanks make similar income? The Mutz? The CDC (grinding frenchie lights so this may pose a problem until I get the lorry)? The T-54 prot 1 (grinding russian lights right now so again, poses a problem)? I haven't really done the research into this whole field yet.

M41 90 GF might not make as much credits but boy is it fun to play which is all that matters. Making 50-60k per game easily WHILE HAVING FUN?? I would rather have fun and make 50k than be bored to death and make 70-80k.
I would recommend Type 59 but you know..

And the M41 only costs 25€.

The JT88 might earn a bit, but is a chore to play like others have said, because it's slow and has a shitty traverse. (I can only generally manage 3 games in a row with it before getting bored - this is 2 more than most other players)

If bush kemping is your thing then go for it, but if you prefer light or medium gameplay then choose something else.

I don't mind the t-54 mod 1 but you will need to sling a bit of gold when in tier 9 and 10 games, thus eating into your profits.

ideally you want a pref where you don't need to fire much gold (eg. CDC, FCM, Mutz)

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wait, so what tanks make similar income? The Mutz? The CDC (grinding frenchie lights so this may pose a problem until I get the lorry)? The T-54 prot 1 (grinding russian lights right now so again, poses a problem)? I haven't really done the research into this whole field yet.

I am just going off reports about a recent tank making good bank; it may be as Stige said the M41 90 GF.  His point is what I was trying to make; the difference between 40k profit and 60k profit (all numbers made up on the spot) is probably not worth the fun difference over 500+ battles.

Use the rental missions to get a feel for some different tanks, but recognize that playing slow lumbering tanks can get tiring if you need to grind a couple million credits for a new tank.

More generally, try to get into a few tournaments and earn gold for premium time (and maybe tanks) rather than forking over cash.

From VbAddict,  top 10 net income money-makers....(Mutz is #11)

...did not see the Black Dawg on the list, so maybe its stats are not yet being released?

1. 2_a13_t34_hvy.png   tank_type_heavy.png   T34 17,467 21,860.02 cr
2. 0_r113_object_730.png   tank_type_heavy.png   IS-5 (Object 730) (small data set) 1,128 20,879.81 cr
3. 4_f65_fcm_50t.png   tank_type_heavy.png   FCM 50 t 17,204 20,454.98 cr
4. 1_g65_jagdtiger_sdkfz_185.png   tank_type_td.png   8,8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger 8,996 20,255.44 cr
5. 4_f68_amx_chasseur_de_char_46.png   tank_type_medium.png   AMX Chasseur de chars 13,834 19,810.03 cr
6. 1_lowe.png   tank_type_heavy.png   Lowe 5,550 19,709.40 cr
7. 4_f73_m4a1_revalorise.png   tank_type_medium.png   M4A1 Revalorise (small data set) 2,474 17,466.73 cr
8. 5_gb70_n_fv4202_105.png   tank_type_medium.png   FV4202 (P) 14,239 17,399.52 cr
9. 2_a63_m46_patton_kr.png   tank_type_medium.png   M46 Patton KR 8,049 16,758.19 cr
10. 1_g106_pzkpfwpanther_ausff.png   tank_type_medium.png   Panther mit 8,8 cm L/71 6,968 16,054.85 cr