ModderKraken

Lakeville rework

Also rip south if northernn bush stays because of the lack of cover to early shots, now it's even further ahead and camod tanks can get lit

Where the bush is atm you can actually shoot from it without being spotted unless south yolos around the rock. RIP.

I really like the idea of making it easier to fight that church corner.  Gives the city more options.  

I'd like the center road a bit better if it had more hard cover.  It really needs more locations to get safe while you wait to re-cloak.  These could even just be nooks on the mountain side.  Little wider would be nice too.  

Seems like this would have no effect on team battles?

Lakeville was already cancer but the question is if it will be even more cancerous (TDs go valley now and still basecamp) or slightly less cancerous (some TDs will go city). I always found it funny that people give Hidden Village so much shit (which it rightfully deserves) but don't shit on Lakeville at all, even though the useful percentage of the map is higher on Hidden than it is on Lakeville.

I never minded the TDs camping. They could only shoot me if I did something really stupid and went out in their OBVIOUS line of sight. And when you win the city they're out in the open and you have cover. Don't be hating on TDs. Unfortunately some of them need to get played with a campy style. Afterall this is a tank game. Not all engagements need to be done in a 50 meter radius.

Ofc they won't but the change is going in the right direction unlike every other thing they did. And after a while a couple of retards will find out, maybe the orange ones and not the red bots. And that's already better than nothing.

Sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to take my wet-cardboard-paper-thingamabob and go full "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!" against +2 Tiered HTs & MTs in the town. A VERY small town with VERY small alleyways, for that matter.

Kind reminder: not every TD in the game is a WTF E-100, T110E3, Jagd-E100 or FV 183. This may come as a huge shock to you, but there are TDs in other tiers besides Tier 10.

Of course, how dare I defend the absolute abomination & shitter logic that SOME tanks where designed specifically for *GASP* long range combat, because trying to hit another tank on the cupola with a caveman bat around a corner is where they suck hard?

/rant

Anyhow, RIP ballsy "high risk, high reward" plays like this:

It would be really interesting to hear how the Unicas here would have carried this game WITHOUT providing huge amounts of support fire to the actual shitters in town.

Also, I swear that some people really can't just make their mind about "balancing" stuff...

OK, so high alpha is bad because it discourages active play because you get spanked too hard and thus encourages camping.

So you go for the "lower alpha, high ROF" doctrine, which allows people to get away with mistakes (unless we're talking about extreme examples like E25) by retreating after the first 1-2 shots and still having enough HP to carry on fighting.

But here's the gist about "low alpha, high ROF" - it works as an area denial. THAT is what the first and foremost role of TDs is (secondary being Assault Guns).

These kind of TDs thrive by positioning on maps so that they create killing fields - large, open spaces where bad players like to advance without the proper use of cover and spanking them hard for it. However, what is happening right now is that those kind of open spaces and killing fields are removed from the game systematically & methodically.

So you get to the point where vehicles based on "high ROF, high accuracy, low alpha" and pretty much nothing else (no armor, no HP, crap-to-medium mobility... oh, and no turret either) are basically rendered useless and the ones that can try to adapt mount a higher alpha gun (derp 105mm on the Stug III, short 105mm on the Jagdpanther etc) *thus going right back to Square 1 - the effects of high alpha guns on the game* and try to clumsily join the meta in which prevails the retarded notion that tanks should literally drive so close to their enemies that the commanders can duel with their swords or bash each other's brains out with clubs

X3N4 got this right in his first post:

• good change: south spawn TD sniping nerfed. It lead to retarded base-camping by meds, TDs and sometimes even heavies. This could be crippling to the Southern team.
  • bad change: valley remains as it is. Terrible! At least they could have put a "do not enter" sign next to it.
  • bad change: Operation Agent Orange continues. WG needs to learn that bushes are not inherently bad. On the contrary, an entire class in the game relies on spotting opportunities. If they keep killing vegetation they need to rebalance scouts (more hp, better pen, better accuracy or simply standard MM) to make them able to fight other tank classes head-on.

Anyhow, RIP ballsy "high risk, high reward" plays like this:

It would be really interesting to hear how the Unicas here would have carried this game WITHOUT providing huge amounts of support fire to the actual shitters in town.

Great game no question about that, but where is the "high risk" part? You camped at the basic TD spots and farmed dmg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK53jUCRpS8

After seeing this video, I have to say I wouldnt have noticed they changed something :P

Everything looks still pretty much the same. All in all it seems they actually fixed some "problems" without actually ruining the whole map.

but where is the "high risk" part? You camped at the basic TD spots and farmed dmg

My initial spotting run, a spot usually reserved for LTs? (tho I pretty much NEVER see either MTs or LTs driving up to that bush, either they park too far back or they YOLO around the corner and die insanely fast)

That play of mine could have ended pretty bad if there would have been even one suiscout on mid (or even worse, someone who could have spotted me from the lake edge)

But that's what I like about a map like Lakeville (and in general about the old map design): stronk locations on the map were both inter-dependent AND easily outplayed by anyone with some brains and/or skill.

After that, yeah, I had to fall back to the normal "camping" spot (I call it sniping, since it is an obvious pre-thought out firing lane specifically for long-distance support tanks to support the brawling HTs) because, well, the map doesn't give you many alternatives, does it? If it did, trust me I would have used them.

Bushes east side of lake (H6/G7) can give some really good spots too if many enemies go camp middle road. And they are safer than middle road spot bush when starting from south spawn.  Could be even better after changes, to be seen. I mean if one side wins middle and stacks tanks there, other side can have scout sitting on east side beach bushes and reap some good spots.