rabidmonkey679

why are such a high proportion of purps such assholes?

So I play about 60 odd games a day at the moment and a couple of weeks ago I started keeping tabs on 1. games with unicums where they said nothing or helped someone and 2. games where they shouted at someone specifically (unconstructively)/ raged in local or global chat/ or was just a general nuisance.

total games with purps: 14

total helpful or no word games: 3

unhelpful games: 11!!!

11 out of 14!!!

now I know the sample size is small but seeing how unicums are somewhat of a rarity this is to be expected. 

what drives them to be unconstructive <notgonnawritethatcositllbemoderated> this is totally opposite to what I've seen from the guys on here who have, bar a very few been helpful and want to raise the standard of play.

one other thing, the uni's are not raging at me so this isn't a case of sour grapes just a genuine question, is it just that extreme competitiveness brings out the worst in some people?

<edit grammar>

If you are in arty I will rage and cus you out.

If you go to certain parts of maps equivalent to valley I will rage

If you make a bull 1 in a million snap shot I will rage

Does it do anything or make a difference? No.

There are just things in this game that pisses people off. The better you get the more you can see what is wrong and that makes it worse. Not all purples rage but I certainly do in certain situations.

4fc.jpg

Though on a more serious note, in game things can be frustrating especially when someone around you is inept and you need them to not be so. Also you are limited by time in a game to do something both due to the timer and changing conditions. Most people in game don't want to be helped and it is much faster to type "sod off crumpled radish" or something at the inept person rather than trying to help them. Here most people are helpful and can be helpful for a few reasons; there is no time constraint to replying (except for when BJ next breaks the forum), people here want to learn and be told what they are doing wrong and how not to do it, we're here to get better, when browsing the forum people aren't raging at the inept person that just through the game, normally at least, and if they are because of the time thing they can come back later when their blood has stopped boiling.

It's because purple players stand out, so when they're being ass holes you tend to notice them more.

Another reason is good players get fed up with bad playing thinking they are the god of tanks. Also competitive games tend to bring shit talk.

It's because purple players stand out, so when they're being ass holes you tend to notice them more.

Another reason is good players get fed up with bad playing thinking they are the god of tanks. Also competitive games tend to bring shit talk.

If I were to click Mereel unlike that guy he would actually find me in 12 hours...

If I got focused by arty, yolo'd, and called out for stats/padding/warpack by the slobbering pubbie hoards, every game I played... I'd be pretty salty.

Seriously though, the saltiest people I've seen are usually teal or the usual yellow pubs.

I've met a lot of really helpful/nice purple's , the most recent was Masta_Kam who was giving me tips while I was "attempting" to win a game.

I generally don't rage that much anymore at pubbies, they are the main reason though that unicums are by your perception, assholes.  On top of that naturally the best get singled out as the ones who rage (AKA the minority) and the majority (red shitters) get away with raging and not being assholes but the poor helpless victim.

Now look at our point of view as well.  Take something that you are REALLY fucking good at, then have a whole population do it as well.  Notice some will try to do well at it and will do well at it (unicums), some will be great at it but not superior (blues), some will be average at it (greens) and so on and so forth till you get to reds who absolutely butcher it and refuse to admit what they are doing is wrong.  Of course you have reds who see the light and try to fix wtf they were doing wrong but the vast majority still suck at what they do, and make no effort to improve themselves, to better themselves.......and it's fucking pathetic IMO.  A lot of our rage stems from right here.  WE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WRONG and some of us will try to help you (wotlabs) but some of us just flat out give up on reds and just berate them for their stupidity in the hopes that they decide to get better or quit that activity (tanks).

Combine some of our other sources of rage and the fact that we are indeed the minority, it's not hard to see why WE GET THE BAD RAP :) 

now I know the sample size is small but seeing how unicums are somewhat of a rarity this is to be expected.

It really is too small. For every unicum you see raging, how many pubbies did you see saying things like "noob team" or "welp this one is a loss"? Or how many non unicums did you see rage about bad teams?

It really is too small. For every unicum you see raging, how many pubbies did you see saying things like "noob team" or "welp this one is a loss"? Or how many non unicums did you see rage about bad teams?

as an unicunt i have to admit that unicunts rage way better and more creative :serb: 

Because it's internet and because i can. 4poGElb.png Also, experience with pubbie trash. I've had shit ton of battles where i tried to give some advice and be helpful only to get a shit for response from them. So i stopped bothering with being nice and turned to being complete asshole instead :D It's also more fun than being nice :D

So yesterday I was playing Fjords with my 268, park in my spot start shooting dont get spotted because I know a thing or two about spotting mechanics. Suddenly a "friendly" 51% potatohead in his t10 hvy drives open on the field toward me.

Now guess what happens next ... yes all hell brakes loose. Arti  and shots aimed at that retard hit me for ~800 damage, while he takes maybe half of that.

Now gues what happens after that? I terminate that fucking asshole, turn blue and dont give a shit. After that this moron even asks in chat "why?"