Deusmortis

Name and Shame Part II Probably Sponsored by Universal Studios and Chrysler

On 3/13/2016 at 3:08 PM, Flaksmith said:

Bottom line is that people of your skill level need to shut the fuck up; until you get much better at this game you have no business posting here in this thread about other people's bad play because that implies you believe yourself to be a fairly proficient player (you're not) and intentionally made all the right choices in that given game.

Rude!

Could you list threads I can post with my skill level? And what skill level I need to be allowed to post in this thread?:)

And pls don't say wargaming forums, since I don't hang around there.

56 minutes ago, Taze said:

Rude!

Could you list threads I can post with my skill level? And what skill level I need to be allowed to post in this thread?:)

And pls don't say wargaming forums, since I don't hang around there.

The kinds of posts players of your skill level should be making are threads or posts asking how you could have done this/that better, how could I have carried this game, inquiring about the finer details of certain game mechanics, etc. I'm not going to stop you from posting in N&S and simmilar threads, but you should expect critcism depending on what you post.

6 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

The kinds of posts players of your skill level should be making are threads or posts asking how you could have done this/that better, how could I have carried this game, inquiring about the finer details of certain game mechanics, etc. I'm not going to stop you from posting in N&S and simmilar threads, but you should expect critcism depending on what you post.

Stand down trump supporter.

17 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

Well, it seems that we have some differences in how this forum should be used. As far as I know there are places at wotlabs where common people are not allowed to post, like:

1) Purples sections,

2) math corner etc...

but this thread is in open, for wotlabs users, section and there are no offical rules who is allowed to post here. From my point of view it seems that You are trying to force Your own rules and to be honest I found it quite irritating.

Ps: sorry for any mistakes (my dictionary stops working) and as You can see I am not native english speaker ;). 

PS2: It seems that last three posts where created by "green shiters" like me, so maybe You should say directly, if You have WN8 below for example 1857 You are not allowed to post here. Or maybe this is a case of "Uderz w stół, a odezwą się nożyce", which is a polish sentence roughly translates (in this case) start to block weaker players from posting in open thread and they will repost.

Edit: Added PS2

I gotta agree with Flaksmith on this one.

Quitting my old habit of arguing with the team and generally blaming my team if shit went south was a quite significant factor that helped propel me from ~1300 to ~1800 recent.

12 minutes ago, Flaksmith said:

I'm not going to stop you from posting in N&S and simmilar threads, but you should expect critcism depending on what you post.

Thank you for your grace, it is deeply appreciated. What skill level I need, that my posts won't be open for criticism? Is unicum recent enough, as it seems to be so?

I have to shame myself.  After grinding on the Lorr 40 for the past 2 weeks I finally got the Bat Chat.  I switched over the crew, loaded the equipment and consumables.

Then I proceeded to play 2 games with the 90mm gun.  I'm like "WHY THE FUCK can't I pen anything???"

:feelsbad:

myq0MeU.png

Sand river assault, loss. That medal is a patrol duty, I did 4450 assist.

R1MvRh6.png

Now, that's a victory, but shaming the AC 48 all the same, who saw me stop, take aim at the 4202, and fucking decided to drive right past my gun anyway, because the hell if I was going to have a Top Gun and a High Calibre.

Also shaming the enemy proto, who died second to last (before the M35) : How does one do 86 damage after 7 minutes of intense siegfried encounter city brawl ? Those who have answered "ramming damage ?" : *BEEEEEEP*, wrong. Nope, that's a 10k games "But HE Always does damage" player. Not that I should actually complain ^^

So how the fuck does this guy have a 49.9% win rate ?!

Spoiler

pDYvyjR.png

Oh… Right…

7 hours ago, Machiav said:

Well, it seems that we have some differences in how this forum should be used. As far as I know there are places at wotlabs where common people are not allowed to post, like:

1) Purples sections,

2) math corner etc...

but this thread is in open, for wotlabs users, section and there are no offical rules who is allowed to post here. From my point of view it seems that You are trying to force Your own rules and to be honest I found it quite irritating.

Ps: sorry for any mistakes (my dictionary stops working) and as You can see I am not native english speaker ;). 

PS2: It seems that last three posts where created by "green shiters" like me, so maybe You should say directly, if You have WN8 below for example 1857 You are not allowed to post here. Or maybe this is a case of "Uderz w stół, a odezwą się nożyce", which is a polish sentence roughly translates (in this case) start to block weaker players from posting in open thread and they will repost.

Edit: Added PS2

7 hours ago, Taze said:

Thank you for your grace, it is deeply appreciated. What skill level I need, that my posts won't be open for criticism? Is unicum recent enough, as it seems to be so?

At its core, the wotlabs forum is for helping players of lower skill fix their mistakes and learn skills so that one day they will become great like the unica. Therefore, assuming you are making posts about WoT gameplay, you should always expect that someone of greater skill than you will come along and offer advice/criticism; this goes for everyone, including me and many players who are far better than me. While this thread in particular has no special rules, the unspoken rule is that if you are going to criticize other players for playing poorly (i.e shaming a team for ___ reason) then you should expect that someone better than you is going to criticize your gameplay as well.  For example, if I made a post in this thread blaming a bad team for a loss, when in reality I unwittingly did something that completely threw the game, then I shouldn't get butthurt if I get called a moron when someone of @CraBeatOff's skill watches the replay, sees what I did wrong, and tells me what I could have done better.

Naming and shaming my tourney team caller because after 2 reserves and a few team meber failed to show up, he bailed on us at the 5th round, leaving just me and another dude squaring off against the rest of the teams, at least we got a technical victory out of 9 battles.

i have a bad feeling i'm going to be amongst that 10%, feels bad man

I would like to continue to shame WG for the complete ShitShow they call a Match Maker.

This is 4:15 PM on Saturday on the West Coast.  On what planet does this follow the rules they have posted for the MM?  Completely ignoring the fact that our team has all the good players.

AND fucking 5 platoons to 2 platoons

MM%20is%20shit_zpsbpmkt7cd.jpg

Had a game on Mountain Pass.  Most of our heavies went Ice Road so I knew things were looking bad already if they got stuffed (which is almost always what happens).  I Went to the south corner to see what I could do.  When I get there I position and immediately a 50 100 on my team starts to run into me at the corner so I remove myself from that situation and go back up to the perch.  I see an enemy T-54 proto come down in to the bowl and take a few shots, but then I notice I am in draw range of the tanks fighting our stuffed ice road "pushers".  I add my gun to that mix and fire away. 

Eventually I get down into the bowl as the enemy T-54 proto has climbed out and I can start working the flanks of the enemy at the ice road.  I fire away and move in.  Our forces in the south are slowly failing but I figure if we can clear the ice road then I may preserve some of our heavies.  As I get to about the bridge and start working there I get hit and damaged and can't figure out where it came from until I look at the hit log and notice it's a friendly.  Our T-54 proto has dropped some damage on me.  I don't know why, as I hadn't bumped him or even been very near him as far as I could remember so I ignore it and keep working.  Pretty quickly I'm given another shot as we turn to deal with tanks coming down into the bowl at us.  After I die having taken 500 friendly damage I ask why he TKd me and I'm told I'm being useless and I'm waiting to take kills (kill stealing).  I tell him I'll post the game on the forums and see what people think, but thought better of dealing with the official forums, I'd likely get banned for name and shame by some part time player/moderator.

Weird thing is he and I did decently, I had 2.8k and he had 2.2K and we might have had a small chance to win if he hadn't TK'd.

Anyway.

Shaming RZAblade1216 for complete buffoonery.

12 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I would like to continue to shame WG for the complete ShitShow they call a Match Maker.

This is 4:15 PM on Saturday on the West Coast.  On what planet does this follow the rules they have posted for the MM?  Completely ignoring the fact that our team has all the good players.

AND fucking 5 platoons to 2 platoons

MM%20is%20shit_zpsbpmkt7cd.jpg

Because 3000 extra hit points is complete balance. This MM foolishness seems to be more and more common 

Shaming Kashikoi_Kawaii_Erichika. (and myself for instigating the post-battle PM)

Tier 8 game on Karelia, I'm in my FCM 50t and Kashikoi is in his CDC, platooned up with an IS6. Both K and platoonmate go brawl with heavies (remember, he's in a CDC). Kashikoi dies early, and begins to harass the remaining players. His platoonmate dies soon after and joins in the "fun".

I become an object to behold after I lose a 2v1 against a Charioteer and a Super Pershing, in an engagement that saw me bounce three APCR rounds off the SP.

Noting in the after-battle report that he died with only 400dmg, I pull the *** move and message him about it, with the intention of making him eat his words for calling me a "worthless shitter". (Both of them, in fact, did less dmg than me and died far earlier)

What follows is insufferable elitism at its finest, the kind that gives pubbies the idea that all good players are arseholes.

Spoiler

FZSs91n.jpg

Spoiler

VBxtLML.jpg

Spoiler

t4Ipjnc.jpg

My favorite (paraphrased) "I died because reasons, you died because you were outplayed"

On March 23, 2016 at 0:49 PM, Saffee said:

Wow the bitching in here is even worse then the SEA name and shame 

im impressed. 

SEA name and shame is a circle jerk :^) 

10 hours ago, Kitten said:

SEA name and shame is a circle jerk :^) 

Yup, cant disagree with that.

bunch of teals complaining about tier 6s game play half the time.. 

or what their win8 winrate could be at.. half of them are secret deniers 

1 hour ago, Saffee said:

Yup, cant disagree with that.

bunch of teals complaining about tier 6s game play half the time.. 

or what their win8 winrate could be at.. half of them are secret deniers 

or bush kemping stetpedders

Edited by Serene_Potato
Hello!

It's been a long time since we repurposed that thread into general banter. After a while you work out that bitching about pubbies doesn't actually make them play any better.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

It's been a long time since we repurposed that thread into general banter. After a while you work out that bitching about pubbies doesn't actually make them play any better.

Barely any general banter either, Hence why I barely post in there any longer

Like I said above, just a bunch of bitching about teams/wg and everything else rather then taking any accountability themselves. 

anyway, not gonna derail the NA thread! 

Or maybe this is naming and shaming all the posters in the SEA name and shame thread. so it kind of works!