TheMarine0341

VK 4502B: Troll or be Trolled Appreciators Guild

What I figured yesterday is that, in order to successfully use armor, you actually need to keep some distance to the enemies. If you are close up, <200 pen guns ruin your commander's hatch. It is so easy to hit and pen.

I saw that first hand, when i was playing my t44-100 and I literaly raped the opposing VKB only by penning this weakspot over and over again with sub 200 pen AP. Poor guy couldn't do a thing about it

13 hours ago, 3MAJ86 said:

What I figured yesterday is that, in order to successfully use armor, you actually need to keep some distance to the enemies. If you are close up, <200 pen guns ruin your commander's hatch. It is so easy to hit and pen.

I saw that first hand, when i was playing my t44-100 and I literaly raped the opposing VKB only by penning this weakspot over and over again with sub 200 pen AP. Poor guy couldn't do a thing about it

E 75 hatch stronker!

Just missing the tracks : Holly shit this thing is slow, wasn't expecting this. I'm actually writing this on my way to the front.. 

Edit :Yeah : 

YZbxNcf.jpg

Why would i want so much frontal armor with the equivalent mobilty that come with it when i have such a weak turret ??? 

I was expecting a decent grind buth i have no idea why i would bring this over an ST-I in the very same (and better) role... 

ZSwnoaX.jpg

Fuck this tank. It's the definition of inflexibility. 

I've never done so many 0 dmg game then in this tank..

How to get farm by a 600wn8 ? just drive a VK-B with  him driving a wz 132. Your team will do nothing to help you out as usual and you can' t defend yourself..  GG wp. 

I've come to the conclusion that i would rather be in any other T8 than in this tank. 

Good session today will try again.. (i'm still better than the average person n this tank... with 1500damage.... like wtf.)

AAHSRDw.png

11 hours ago, DHP said:

Fuck this tank. It's the definition of inflexibility. 

I've never done so many 0 dmg game then in this tank..

How to get farm by a 600wn8 ? just drive a VK-B with  him driving a wz 132. Your team will do nothing to help you out as usual and you can' t defend yourself..  GG wp. 

I've come to the conclusion that i would rather be in any other T8 than in this tank. 

Good session today will try again.. (i'm still better than the average person n this tank... with 1500damage.... like wtf.)

AAHSRDw.png

Dear sir, have you heard about our lord and saviour t95? It will make you appreciate the vkb. It's slow but there are many tanks slower than it. You will get used to it. You can get used to anything >20kph.

I read somewhere that the VKB was rebalanced again, can someone please tell me which patch notes to look for or summarize for me? I finally got around to getting this thing.

Thanks.

They nerfed the lower plate (it still fucks with a flank of baddies but they will fuck your pretty little lower plate) but quite some time ago.

My first ever (okay maybe third) game in the VK B - where I immediately did HT 12.3, which of course was not selected then - FML
And then my last (185th) game in it yesterday, a stylish farewell

It is hella fun if it is given the room and time to properly work a sidescrape, but like others said, the inflexibility can be infuriating - quite often (at my skill level anyway) things just happen too quickly to adapt, and it just gets swept aside by the tide of battle, so to say.

Didnt have a HT 12.3-worthy match since that first one, though, so now Im trying with the T29, and contemplating getting an OI :(

shot_021.jpg

shot_075.jpg

The RNG gods have cursed me on this tank. The same gun on the e75 feels way more accurate despite both tanks being quite similar. I miss everything that is not 100% aimed. Shots always go to the edge of the recticle. Also I can't get <50m to anyone because they know to shoot the cupola. 

I picked this up to grind the top gun for the Tiger II. It feels...okay, but I regret that I didn't get to play it with the old armor profile. The lack of gun depression on a tall heavy tank is quite noticeable, as is the low tank traverse speed. It can reach top speed on level ground, but not quickly, so in practice I seem to cruise around at no more than 24kph. 

My main complaints are the lack of flexibility and the fact that the Mäuschen seems better at the same job these days. The Mäuschen moves and turns a bit slower, but in exchange it gets more gun depression and elevation and armor that's easier for me to use. I definitely have a ways to go to get use to the VKB. 

So, with the crew focused weekend, I finally remembered that 1) I have the vkb bought since ages and 2) I've had the Tiger II 3-marked for a few months.

So, elited the thing (only had to research tracks and turret), and gave it a go.

Bloody hell, this thing can be hilarious.

First game, tier IX Erlenberg assault, I rolfstomped the west bank and then the north west hilly redoubt. Second game, tier X fjord, east spawn, no enemy camping the middle road so I  rolfstomped the path between the pond and the water tower hill and northward after.

I'm certain that in less funneled situations this thing can fall quickly, but still, it felt *glorious*.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:22 PM, Sidus_Preclarum said:

So, with the crew focused weekend, I finally remembered that 1) I have the vkb bought since ages and 2) I've had the Tiger II 3-marked for a few months.

So, elited the thing (only had to research tracks and turret), and gave it a go.

Bloody hell, this thing can be hilarious.

First game, tier IX Erlenberg assault, I rolfstomped the west bank and then the north west hilly redoubt. Second game, tier X fjord, east spawn, no enemy camping the middle road so I  rolfstomped the path between the pond and the water tower hill and northward after.

I'm certain that in less funneled situations this thing can fall quickly, but still, it felt *glorious*.

oh thats nothing you missed it before they nerfed it's frontal armor.

it was like a 268 v4, practically immune on the front  hull armor. only tier 10 td gold rounds could pen you.

It's on-track in NA.

Despite my misgivings in the other thread, this tank still works. It should absolutely get the turret+128 buffs that the E 75 got, but I don't feel like there's any problems with the armor. 330/350 UFP vs APCR/HEAT is as gold-immune as you can expect a T9 to be. The turret face is a buttery 265mm, but it's surrounded on all sides by impenetrable cheek, mantlet, roof, and UFP armor. Unless you're facehugging and stationary, there's no way to reliably hit it.

The gun needs help though. You need to spam APCR with this, because the gun handling is pretty bad and exposes the most vulnerable part of the tank. Some extra alpha and DPM would go a long way to remedying the inevitable misses.

Maybe it's not a great tank, but this is better than the 705, Mauschen, or Type 4 by a country mile.

52 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

It's on-track in NA.

Despite my misgivings in the other thread, this tank still works. It should absolutely get the turret+128 buffs that the E 75 got, but I don't feel like there's any problems with the armor. 330/350 UFP vs APCR/HEAT is as gold-immune as you can expect a T9 to be. The turret face is a buttery 265mm, but it's surrounded on all sides by impenetrable cheek, mantlet, roof, and UFP armor. Unless you're facehugging and stationary, there's no way to reliably hit it.

The gun needs help though. You need to spam APCR with this, because the gun handling is pretty bad and exposes the most vulnerable part of the tank. Some extra alpha and DPM would go a long way to remedying the inevitable misses.

Maybe it's not a great tank, but this is better than the 705, Mauschen, or Type 4 by a country mile.

Roof is buttered by 340 pen HEAT. Best chance of bouncing is still baiting with hull front like what the PZ VII does. It should still work, but the E 75 now does everything it does except that hull bait thing, and has access to -8 gun dep, a stronger turret, 530 alpha and higher DPM.

The real problem with the E75 is the LFP is gigantic and thinner than the VK's. You can absolutely get penned by something like an IS-6 or T32 in an E75, something that should basically never happen in a VK. It's not a worthwhile advantage, but the 4502 absolutely does shine in some situations that the E75 could struggle in.

Plus a bad E75 is still a usable T9 heavy :)

Well, prenerf VKB was a bit silly, top tier and no arty ment GG, you could either push your flank, or defend it till the bitter end, because 9/10 tier 8 tanks couldnt penetrate it (with gold...)

On one hand i want its big and ugly brother, on the other hand, i rly dont want...

image.png

Finished this 3-mark at about 3.5k combined. It wasn't that bad, some thoughts:

• If anything gets changed about this tank, it needs to be the gun. Its a fucking blunderbuss and should hit as hard as the E75's.
  • APCR spam is the only way to be competitive. The gun will hit, but not where you want. Make that not matter.
  • Rammer/Vstab/Hardening. Nothing abnormal. Food for the final stretch.
  • I give the tank a B. As in, Balanced. I give the gun a B. As in, Bastard.

Not worth buying while the E75 is as good as it is, but keep an eye on this for buffs.

Looking at the current list of tier 10 heavies, the Panzer VII and its branch could very well be next one to get buffs. Panzer VII isn't necessarily the worst heavy in the world, but as I highly doubt they want to touch stuff like the Type 5 any time soon (considering it got nerfed not too long ago), the Panzer VII being the next in the line would make sense to me. If the branch gets changes, the the VK B probably will as well. That being said, I have no idea whatsoever about WG's next plans when it comes to the tank balance; hell, I don't really know what WG has planned for 2021 (aside from crew 2.0 probably, I doubt that'll make it before that).

The only thing that really bugs me is that WG knows these tanks need buffs, has buffs planned for the exact guns these tanks use, and instead just ignores them and buffs the line that is already better that have identical guns. I can't make any sense out of not giving the Tiger P the long 88 buff, the VKA the kt turret buff, or the VKB the 128 buff. Its so weird, they obviously need it and there is 0 way giving the Tig P or either of the VKs some tiny buff is going to cause balance issues.

Their goal is not to make things more balanced, but to give players a new line to focus on. They go thru old lines that some of the newer players haven't done, buff them, wait until the buzz has finished, then choose another line to buff. Hence why the chinese meds stayed shit for so long, and now got a slight look in.

13 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

possibly new Chinese/British tanks.

possibly jap TD's 

thats about all i know of.

There is also the possibility of a US medium line (even though many got wasted on prems by now)

And ofc the chieftain line, for the brits, but if that would have been easy, WG would have done it (unless they keep it as back up, for a later point)

And we also need a new rusky line, autoloaders, of more KV tanks, dunno, im sure WG can make something shiny and OP :P