Rawkes

[Mega Resource] Everything I’ve learnt going from noob to unicum-recent

This is amazing and needs more sticky, though not sure if it should be here, newbie section or both :doge:

The only thing I'd add is that the true benefit of premium is with credits. I mean, the experience boost also helps quite a lot but the sheer profit difference on regular tanks is disgusting. In terms of profit, you're probably raking in 4-10x the amount of a non-prem player. It may say 30k base income for him and thus 45k for you but if the repairs + consumables add up to 25k, he earned 5k profit and you raked in 20k. That shit seriously matters over thousands of battles but the difference is less significant on high tier prems (though it still matters), since the base numbers are so huge.

This is amazing and needs more sticky, though not sure if it should be here, newbie section or both :doge:

The only thing I'd add is that the true benefit of premium is with credits. I mean, the experience boost also helps quite a lot but the sheer profit difference on regular tanks is disgusting. In terms of profit, you're probably raking in 4-10x the amount of a non-prem player. It may say 30k base income for him and thus 45k for you but if the repairs + consumables add up to 25k, he earned 5k profit and you raked in 20k. That shit seriously matters over thousands of battles but the difference is less significant on high tier prems (though it still matters), since the base numbers are so huge.

It's also a difference of making or losing credits after a match due to repairs/consumables.

Imagine my face when I realized this was something I had enabled when I was a yellow shitter.

Just checked yesterday to be sure..... was disabled..... guess I could probably try to get gud @ meds now.

Nice comprehensive guide, clearly took ages, have all of my upboats...

Thanks! It certainly took a while but it's worth it.

A very, very good poast. I second the request for a sticky. 

20/10 would read again. ;) 

Appreciate, thank you!

Thanks! I briefly mention the credit benefits but perhaps I can be a bit more specific with an example of how a Premium vehicle compares to a non-Premium.

Thanks! I actually enabled dynamic camera and horizontal stabilization because of you :woona:

No problem! It's like a whole new game with those two settings enabled ;)

Very nice, this is the kind of guide that should be required reading before a player is allowed to push the BATTLE button.  10/10

Glad you like it. I'm wondering if there's a way to break this down into digestible chunks that I could have in-game via a mod.

Appreciated! Glad you liked it :D

Also when you talk about positioning, a resource u might want to add is the micropositioning topic here on wotlabs, it's a great resource full of screenshots:
http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/18266-micropositioning-show-your-awesome-spots-now-compiled/

Just a suggestion, your post is already comprehensive of pretty much everything a new player could need :)

Also when you talk about positioning, a resource u might want to add is the micropositioning topic here on wotlabs, it's a great resource full of screenshots:http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/18266-micropositioning-show-your-awesome-spots-now-compiled/

Just a suggestion, your post is already comprehensive of pretty much everything a new player could need :)

I've actually not checked that thread out yet! It's been in my bookmarks waiting for me to look at it. I'll add it to the list anyway as I can already see it's super useful.

Nice effort, man. You should cross post it on the official forums, should be very helpful for newbies. +1

Thanks! I've posted in the EU forum but not many people are seeing it so it'll likely get lost amongst the rest – I don't use the EU forums much so perhaps I'm missing a trick. I'm about to do a quick run of games on the NA server so I can post it on the NA forums too.

Well, maybe you could give Ectar a poke in his topic here and ask if he thinks it's good enough to get a sticky on the EU forums. It's also possible you may need a slight title change to make the pubbies on the forums bite.

Well, maybe you could give Ectar a poke in his topic here and ask if he thinks it's good enough to get a sticky on the EU forums. It's also possible you may need a slight title change to make the pubbies on the forums bite.

I'll ask Ectar on his stream, when he streams again. :)

I agree - I've re-worked the title and the introduction for the WoT forum copy and will see how it goes down. I don't know Ectar but I can try and message him and see what he thinks.

I'll ask Ectar on his stream, when he streams again. :)

Thank you :)

Like the Music Genome Project (i.e. Pandora) for tanks? Sounds cool! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_Genome_Project

• I’m working on a tool that allows you to find other tanks that are similar to ones you already enjoy

Pretty much exactly that – it's early days but I'm hoping to put together something that munges all the various tank data and surfaces similar tanks / potentially similar playstyles. I already have the data, just need to think about the best approach!

Great post, I will try I few of the things you suggest, see if they help me as well.

Also, good job at reaching unicum levels at such a fast rate. I wish I did all the self-analysis required to improve that much with the attention an consistency that you have.

I'd love to hear how you get on!

And thank you – it has been a rocky and frustrating road at time but the hard work has started to pay off. If there was only one thing I learnt from the beginning, it would be how and when to be patient. That alone has been a huge factor in everything coming together over the past month or so.

No problem, I'm glad you've found it useful!

Let me know how you get on – it takes a bit of time but some of them will see fairly instantaneous results.

tl;dr for lazy?

Rawkes pretty much distilled this whole site into one post.

Wish I'd figured that much out at just 3K games. Seriously impressive stuff.

I didn't even know about dynamic camera and horizontal stabilization. I always wondered how other players hit shots on the move in sniper mode.:facepalm:  Please take my up vote as I slink away in embarassment.