Rawkes

[Mega Resource] Everything I’ve learnt going from noob to unicum-recent

Very nice guide mate, made me think about the mistakes I make in a game (mostly yolo rushing to "good positions" and bad trades).

Great post.

But why post this on a forum where a majority of readers are already blue if not purple?

This would be better on official Wot forum.

4 hours ago, scrontch said:

I think it wouldn't be appreciated on the official forums that much since most players don't really want to admit their own mistakes. If you want to improve, you shouldn't be hanging out there anyway, since it's pretty cancerous and gives you false information. Can't remember the last time reading something on the official forums for this particular reason. (tbh I think it was an arty guide :doge:)

On 18/05/2016 at 9:11 AM, scrontch said:

Great post.

But why post this on a forum where a majority of readers are already blue if not purple?

I don't even have an account on the official forums (if they're autogenerated then I've never used it). I'm barely green, I'm here, and I love this thread.

This is so good...thank you OP!

I've noticed that I'm steadily increasing my WR but my wn8 has actually decreased.  You are spot on that just dealing damage but not helping the team isn't the right way to do things.  I'm actually learning how to help my team best and if it means not farming but actually contributing, so be it.  My recent WR is up to 53% from just below 50% a few months ago when I was overly concerned with damage dealt.  Next is to mesh the two and learn to do both as good players do.

Thank you again Rawkes!

While I am probably making a mistake of not reading all of the replies to this thread before posting, I will go bravely forth anyway. I find this particular article/post quite useful as a player who is "bad" and attempting to continuously progress to "mediocre" and beyond. The article does highlight a few key items, some of which I already knew, but were further reinforced, and some interesting ideas and concepts that change my ideology on how I should play in this game (i.e. stick with one playstyle at a time), and making tangible notations of mistakes, as opposed to quickly forgetting the mental notes.

From a "terri-bad's" perspective, I thank you.

Have another "thank you" from me.

I was unaware this game tracked statistics initially. I played my first 4.5k or so games for fun, can you imagine? I was disappointed when I discovered I was a bad player, but decided to try and improve. Reading stuff like this has meant my stats are gradually improving. I've gone from red to orange, hopefully I can get to yellow and continue to improve from there.

I go through spells of turning the chat off completely. It get's so toxic at times. I only turn it back on because I get it in my head that I could be missing something important. I can remember one match where a few of the players that had died were offering good advice and encouragement to the few remaining survivors. It was so strange playing WoT with friendly chat. It was nice, it's a shame it doesn't happen more.