Sign in to follow this  
PrivateBert

MoE, player ranking, winrate correlations

Maybe you can help me understand how this all should correlate:

Let's say we have a player who has at least 1 Mark of excellence on all his T10 tanks.

The description says you play such a tank better than 65% of players of that tank. So if someone has at least 1 mark on all his t10 tanks, is it safe to say that he plays better than 65% of T10 players?

If yes, should it not be expected that said player has a better than average winrate on T10? If the sample size is large enough (like several thousand battles)?

Or in other words: how can you have way 45-48% win rate when you have at least 1 MoE on every tank and all metrics indicate an active and aggressive gameplay?

MoE is based on damage. It's not hard for your average pubshit to sit at the red line and shoot things while being completely useless at winning.

That's why I wrote that all metrics indicate an aggressive and active gameplay. Like spotting and assisted damage.

MoE is based on damage. It's not hard for your average pubshit to sit at the red line and shoot things while being completely useless at winning.

I have to disagree. I often see bad players doing such stuff and when i look up their performance in a tank its somewhere around 30-40%. Tho good players can win often and raise their MoE's in a good speed.

Or in other words: how can you have way 45-48% win rate when you have at least 1 MoE on every tank and all metrics indicate an active and aggressive gameplay?

you can get 1 moe without breathing

you can get 2 moe without thinking

but to get 3 moe you have to breath  or dont play platoons :serb:

You are all literally morons who are too lazy to do any actual research for yourself and just keep on repeating the same shit over and over again. 

That are also lies!

See Lowe, im far and away the best Lowe driver in the history of Lowe drivers, and imnot even close to 3e MOE, MOE = BS = zero value = meaningless = WG_can_not_into_maths

shot_323.jpg

2900 combined dmg, and ~90 MOE, and it never went higher (my dmg dropped)

So to recap:

• 80 games (after moe was introduced)
  • 80% winratio
  • all solo
  • 2531 dmg
  • 420 assist dmg
  • 55% survive ratio (i suspect that also matters, but whatever)
  • AND NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 3 MOE, G fucking G, WG werrry stronk progremmering!!11evelen!

Tl:DR: MOE means shit, and my lowe stats proof this for once and all

Two ways:

1. You played better than your average for a proportion of the time. MoEs only depend on the last 100 battles in a tank, with a far greater dependence on more recent battles (exponential moving average).
  2. You platoon with players who don't cut it at tier 10.

Luna's theory for how MoEs work is probably wrong because the marks would come out far too high, by my estimate. It's just too common for players to do 1.5-2x their average damage in a game. 65% of performances in a tank (rather than players of that tank) seems more likely to be correct.

That are also lies!

See Lowe, im far and away the best Lowe driver in the history of Lowe drivers, and imnot even close to 3e MOE, MOE = BS = zero value = meaningless = WG_can_not_into_maths

Well, with Luna's theory, the MoE marks would be close to meaningless. The MoE levels would be heavily dependent on how many battles the average player of that tank played in those two weeks, so tanks which were rarely played more than once or twice would be easy to get MoEs in, but grind tanks and popular elites would have very high MoE marks.

I'm not sure which category the Lowe falls into, although I suspect it's more of an occasional tank.

That's why I wrote that all metrics indicate an aggressive and active gameplay. Like spotting and assisted damage.

To address this (ignoring broken MOEs like everyone else is saying) is that you can have high spots, higher damage, and a lower WR, if you are doing damage at the wrong time. Getting 1.5k damage at the right time can trump getting 2k when the battle is already decided. Does it always work out that way? No. And more often than not the player with higher avg damage will be the better player, but it does happen.

This is the same way you end up with teal players with light green WRs (excluding damage farmers that kemp too much)

To address this (ignoring broken MOEs like everyone else is saying) is that you can have high spots, higher damage, and a lower WR, if you are doing damage at the wrong time. Getting 1.5k damage at the right time can trump getting 2k when the battle is already decided. Does it always work out that way? No. And more often than not the player with higher avg damage will be the better player, but it does happen.
This is the same way you end up with teal players with light green WRs (excluding damage farmers that kemp too much)

I've actually seen people with blue recents and a 48% recent winrate. This one guy like that kept spamming me invites, but I'm not willing to carry some shitty camper who can't even win 50% alone.

I've actually seen people with blue recents and a 48% recent winrate. This one guy like that kept spamming me invites, but I'm not willing to carry some shitty camper who can't even win 50% alone.

Haven't gotten that bad. Best I've seen is 51% 2100 WN8 player camping in an E75.

So to recap:

• 80 games (after moe was introduced)
  • 80% winratio
  • all solo
  • 2531 dmg
  • 420 assist dmg
  • 55% survive ratio (i suspect that also matters, but whatever)
  • AND NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 3 MOE, G fucking G, WG werrry stronk progremmering!!11evelen!

Tl:DR: MOE means shit, and my lowe stats proof this for once and all

Come on man. Have you read any of this stuff? Just play 20 more games and you'll hit the 3rd MoE. Any less than 100 games is penalized. So, to be at 90% with 80 games means that you are way ahead of the curve.

Come on man. Have you read any of this stuff? Just play 20 more games and you'll hit the 3rd MoE. Any less than 100 games is penalized. So, to be at 90% with 80 games means that you are way ahead of the curve.

im now at 125 games, and still nothing ^^ (so its bugged / doesnt work as it should, avg lowe driver is afterall a total dement...)

edit: and there are ppl (xena also i think) who get 3e star (long) before 100 games, so thats certainly possible

im now at 125 games, and still nothing ^^ (so its bugged / doesnt work as it should, avg lowe driver is afterall a total dement...)

edit: and there are ppl (xena also i think) who get 3e star (long) before 100 games, so thats certainly possible

Yeah xena got one before 100 and KT got his 3rd on his 54E1 at like 75 battles. It can be done but I shortly found out that 3rd marks are not worth worrying about. Hell I think merkle was at 4400 dmg in his STB with 1k assistance and still never had it at 150 games. 

I dont even think WG knows how MOE works.

Yeah xena got one before 100 and KT got his 3rd on his 54E1 at like 75 battles. It can be done but I shortly found out that 3rd marks are not worth worrying about. Hell I think merkle was at 4400 dmg in his STB with 1k assistance and still never had it at 150 games. 

I dont even think WG knows how MOE works.

I got my T32 triple mark at 75 games exactly, it wasn't that special (2,450 DPG, 800 ass/PG) and Gehaktes Löwe stats should generate better results among MoE due to the tank being shitty as fuck and his DPG being over the top 1% by far.

I got my T32 triple mark at 75 games exactly, it wasn't that special (2,450 DPG, 800 ass/PG) and Gehaktes Löwe stats should generate better results among MoE due to the tank being shitty as fuck and his DPG being over the top 1% by far.

it depends HOW you average your damage

it depends HOW you average your damage

i am probably the derpiest player that ever existed

T32 was very bully-ish for me, take a VERY aggressive spot, hope I don't get zerged or artied and shit on stuff until my team arrives in which I've already pushed further anyway. 

Mixed results, but 70% solo, derpy to say the least and didn't teach me shit about the MoE formula

i am probably the derpiest player that ever existed

T32 was very bully-ish for me, take a VERY aggressive spot, hope I don't get zerged or artied and shit on stuff until my team arrives in which I've already pushed further anyway. 

Mixed results, but 70% solo, derpy to say the least and didn't teach me shit about the MoE formula

that is besides the point.  if you were to collect the dmg + max{assist via track, assist via spot} of his games and then compare it to yours, his variance would be higher.  Moe's can be seen as a reward for high damage which they kind of are, or at least advertised to be, but they are more a measure of how consistent you are as a player (in that specific tank, not overall obviously).  that is why they are more difficult to achieve