Sign in to follow this  
robosapieo

Is there room here for a nub like me?

Hello tankers.I'm robo and I've been playing WoT on and off(Have been playing consistently for about 5 months) for around 3 years now

About me(if you care.This is just a long version of what I just said above):

I started playing in late 2012 on the US server and tried grinding the US heavy line I got upto the M3 Lee but that tank was SOOOOOO bad that it made me quit the game.And then in late 2013 I discovered a certain Youtuber who has just done an "Ask Me Anything" here.He made me get back into the game.So I made a new account on the EU server and got upto the M2 medium with the 'Muricans and then started to grind the Russian Heavy line.I got upto the T-28 and then got bored,I would only play about 2-3 matches a week.I tried convincing all my friends to play WoT with me but nobody wanted to :( .But then BY SOME MIRACLE I met a guy at school who DID play WoT.He had around 6K games(I had less then 1K) and was at the ISU-152.I started playing with him(His WN8 was around 600 and mine was 300 at the time).And now I've surpassed him(not in no.of games played but in WN8)I have the IS-3 now and am grinding to the Waffle E100 aswell.He's researched the Obj.704 and he bought the IS-8 but then sold it after 4 games in it.My avg DPG in the IS-3 is 1.1K and it was 963 in the IS.My maximum damage is 3.8K which I did in the IS-3(was unable to carry the game)But my fav tank in the line so far has been the KV-85 I have 600 games in it and my max dmg in it was 2.7K

What I want to know:

Do I suck?What level were you guys at when you had 2K games played?Will I get better?CAN I get better?If so,how?I  know most of the game mechanics but my WN8 and winrate are all over the place.I've seen people here and in the game who have less than 1K games with WN8s of over 2000 HOW DEY DO DIS?!?!

Here are my current stats                                                    

signature.thumb.png.40d63f4716f14d329bec

And here are my friend's current stats.His account hasn't been tracked very well so some of these figures may not be accurate(He's got 1.7K games in his ISU btw)

signature2.thumb.png.ec79feb64193553d4a8

Sorry If this was a long post or was hard to read through.I'm not very good at writing or explaining stuff on forums

Do I suck?What level were you guys at when you had 2K games played?Will I get better?CAN I get better?If so,how?I  know most of the game mechanics but my WN8 and winrate are all over the place.I've seen people here and in the game who have less than 1K games with WN8s of over 2000 HOW DEY DO DIS?!?!

You're doing fine.  I'm pretty sure my stats were much worse off at 2000 battles.  And those guys with 1k games and unicum stats - they're rerollers.

Welcome. You're doing perfectly fine for your amount of battles; if you stick with it and try to learn by reading articles and posts on this forum you'll be a unicum in no time. Also the guys who do that are rerolls. (make a new account for stats)

Hello tankers.I'm robo and I've been playing WoT on and off(Have been playing consistently for about 5 months) for around 3 years now

I started playing in late 2012 on the US server and tried grinding the US heavy line I got upto the M3 Lee but that tank was SOOOOOO bad that it made me quit the game.And then in late 2013 I discovered a certain Youtuber who has just done an "Ask Me Anything" here.He made me get back into the game.So I made a new account on the EU server and got upto the M2 medium with the 'Muricans and then started to grind the Russian Heavy line.I got upto the T-28 and then got bored,I would only play about 2-3 matches a week.I tried convincing all my friends to play WoT with me but nobody wanted to :( .But then BY SOME MIRACLE I met a guy at school who DID play WoT.He had around 6K games(I had less then 1K) and was at the ISU-152.I started playing with him(His WN8 was around 600 and mine was 300 at the time).And now I've surpassed him(not in no.of games played but in WN8)I have the IS-3 now and am grinding to the Waffle E100 aswell.He's researched the Obj.704 and he bought the IS-8 but then sold it after 4 games in it.My avg DPG in the IS-3 is 1.1K and it was 963 in the IS.My maximum damage is 3.8K which I did in the IS-3(was unable to carry the game)But my fav tank in the line so far has been the KV-85 I have 600 games in it and my max dmg in it was 2.7K

What I want to know:

Hidden Content

Sorry If this was a long post or was hard to read through.I'm not very good at writing or explaining stuff on forums

I didnt have your overalls/recents until I was around 5k games!

WOW I never knew unicums could be so nice.Thank you all.I now have a little bit of hope for myself.I would also like it if you guys could critique my replays.Is there a forum section for that?

It's called tape study ;) And welcome to wotlabs :) 

dunno about anyone else, but I was an orange shitter up till 10k battles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aside from that, you will most definitely improve, it's not hard so long you know the basics and can look at a minimap. Just read through these forums, watch streams or videos, and then put it all into practice, it works. You'll learn to get consistency down soon enough.

As for those 1-2k battles played with 2000+ WN8, those are either shit rerolls or people who know the basics, can look at a minimap, and have working braincells

Enjoy the game man, best advice I can give though, don't play for stats, play to have fun and the stats will come with it.

I don't even play this game anymore, but uhh...

uR8mFmY.png 

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH WINDOWS XP!!!!!!!!!IT HURTS MY EYYYESSS!!!!!!!!!! 

Oh and btw I forgot to mention that we're both free players.I might get myself a premium tank next month.I almost NEVER fire ANY APCR

You're actually doing very well! 

I was able to find my statistics from June 24th 2013, I had 3.8k games an 677WN8, I currently have almost 11k games so I gained almost 1000WN8 my best tip would be to watch live streams. 

What I want to know:

Hidden Content

you are way better than i was at 2000 games. i remember when a lorraine clipped me i thought he was hacking lel

Glad you found this place...it's definitely made me start thinking about the game and strategy much more rather than just going out and yoloing every match.

Since I've gotten here, I've got another 500+ battles and have already increased my wn8 by 400 points.  Just paying attention to all of these players who know what they are doing, reading their strategies, watching videos, etc.

My new goal is getting my win rate up.  I seem to always be near the top of my team in damage but we still lose...I need to work on that and improving how I help my team as well as my own stats.  That seems to be one of the toughest things in the game, IMO, is increasing win rate.  Wn8 is more on you than anyone else but win rate takes into account your teammates.  

You've definitely found the right spot to improve mate!!!  Hope to see you in game!

Glad you found this place...it's definitely made me start thinking about the game and strategy much more rather than just going out and yoloing every match.

Since I've gotten here, I've got another 500+ battles and have already increased my wn8 by 400 points.  Just paying attention to all of these players who know what they are doing, reading their strategies, watching videos, etc.

My new goal is getting my win rate up.  I seem to always be near the top of my team in damage but we still lose...I need to work on that and improving how I help my team as well as my own stats.  That seems to be one of the toughest things in the game, IMO, is increasing win rate.  Wn8 is more on you than anyone else but win rate takes into account your teammates.  

You've definitely found the right spot to improve mate!!!  Hope to see you in game!

Tank you very much(<that was a typo but I decided to leave it).