BigDaddyTankster

Is using gold wrong, frowned upon or are they just jealous?

I don't mind gold, but it would be a lie to say that it never gets on my nerves. Watching someone clearly worse spray gold nonstop to get decent results is painful. There's only so many times I can watch a blue T-54 spend 100k credits to make sizzles on T8s before I have to just go back to the garage in disgust. I never actually say anything about it, of course. If they want to spam it, more power to them - but deep down I think most of us know how painful it is to lose a game to someone's wallet.

*quietly unloads 53 HEAT rounds from his T95E2 and reloads AP for the next t8 platoon* You-you saw nothing!

When your doing fastbois and the other team spams nothing but gold at your Type-64's....it doesn't piss me off but it annoys me that their wasting so many precious credits.

For real. Hurrr I'm shit and playing a camp strat hurrrrr spem geldz gaiz.

I keep expecting to get bitched at for slinging gold, yet it rarely if ever happens. Seriously, despite the fact that I shoot mostly apcr in the T30, and half the shots from my T54 are heat, my pubbies are silent. Yet the rest of you seem to collect tears by the bucket if you so much as glare in a pubbie's general direction with gold loaded, the fuck am I doing wrong?

I don't know. People will scream and cry at me for anything, including people here on wotlabs  *glares at Cuni*.

When your doing fastbois and the other team spams nothing but gold at your Type-64's....it doesn't piss me off but it annoys me that their wasting so many precious credits.

I'd just be thrilled that they weren't firing HE : )

Here's my stance: full prem spam is fucking OP. Unicommies running all APCR + Prem Consumables + Food have a significant advantage over your average green/blue/whatever pubbie running an economic loadout. After recently purchasing a Premium account and really keeping track of my income, the difference is huge. Having a Premium account can let me spam full APCR SuperPershing and still make money! It's the difference between making 25k or losing 10k per match. Full APCR loadouts most certainly boost your stats. Instead of having to aim at weakspots, just get the gun on target and shoot. Watching Na'Vi Inspirer play his M46 Patton with only 5 AP and 45 APCR + Cola and seeing how little he exposes his tank for those insane snapshots is where the premium ammo advantage is most visible.

It would be much more balanced if you could only carry 50% of your ammo as premium ammo. However, that will never happen because WG profits from premium spam, and it will also require a lot of rebalancing.

It would be much more balanced if you could only carry 50% of your ammo as premium ammo. However, that will never happen because WG profits from premium spam, and it will also require a lot of rebalancing.

That punishes bottom tier tanks.
the game has too much of a power gap between the tiers and this would make it even harder for bottom tier tanks to compete.

I agree. The real problem here is that low tier tanks don't have enough options against higher tier opponents - if they did, nerfing gold would be much less of an issue. Vision is one way to do it, but the vision game isn't one that most pubbies like, and while it's an option, it's not one that all players fully understand. The other is (and was) HE, but this was done away with because it punished armored tanks too much. Its hard to think of other ways to do it that make sense in the current confines of the game.

Maybe spawn locations should be adjusted? The lower tier you are, the better spawn you can get. That'll let low tier tanks meet each other first, and overall just get a slight advantage over higher tier tanks. I think actually moving spawns around might be a big problem though; you cant move higher tier tanks back or you massacre the effectiveness of tanks like the T95, T28, Maus, or upcoming JP HT line. At the same time, letting some tanks spawn closer could cause some problems with extremely early game spotting and fastcaps.

I just dunno, I cant think of anything that wouldn't take a huge revamp.

That punishes bottom tier tanks.the game has too much of a power gap between the tiers and this would make it even harder for bottom tier tanks to compete.

Yeah that's true.

Of course the fix would be to make MM +/- 1 instead of +/- 2. This too would take a lot of rebalancing, like Rexxie said, but it would be a wonderful solution IMHO.

Kudos on the +1/-1 MM, but will never happen due to the need to have the unbalanced steamroller games with what always seems to be the top clan players.What annoys me is being a bottom tier low armor( not scout) tank and watching the top tier top tanks , who are top clans spam gold at me just to save their precious WN8 scores.Seeing your hit log full of APCR from that guy is usually enough to get me angry enough to make a snide remark in battle chat.,  

Hello,

Generally I haven't been rolling with a lot of premium ammo, but I do make sure to carry some for tight situations where I know I must have penetrating shots to win.

As an aside I was recently playing a game on Windstorm and it came down to me in an AT-2 vs. another AT-2. (Battle of the turtles!) And he got pissed because I used premium rounds to win, cussing me out good. But from my point of view he *could* have loaded premium shells too for just such a situation but chose not to. That decision cost him that match. (Plus he never once tried shooting my weak spots.)

Anyway, premium ammo is just another tool in the game so I don't understand why so many people get heated over it. (Though I do empathize with the 'why did you shoot gold rounds into my <insert soft tank here>?' line of reasoning.)

-Rodrigopine

Hello,

Generally I haven't been rolling with a lot of premium ammo, but I do make sure to carry some for tight situations where I know I must have penetrating shots to win.

As an aside I was recently playing a game on Windstorm and it came down to me in an AT-2 vs. another AT-2. (Battle of the turtles!) And he got pissed because I used premium rounds to win, cussing me out good. But from my point of view he *could* have loaded premium shells too for just such a situation but chose not to. That decision cost him that match. (Plus he never once tried shooting my weak spots.)

Anyway, premium ammo is just another tool in the game so I don't understand why so many people get heated over it. (Though I do empathize with the 'why did you shoot gold rounds into my <insert soft tank here>?' line of reasoning.)

-Rodrigopine

lol, the main reason to carry apcr on the AT 2 is to shoot at other At 2's.  He's an idiot.  Everyone should load gold when they meet an AT 2.

lol, the main reason to carry apcr on the AT 2 is to shoot at other At 2's.  He's an idiot.  Everyone should load gold when they meet an AT 2.

Seriously, this is why my KV4 has a spot of gold in him. So I can pen other heavily armored bastards. Because I sure as hell am not going to be flanking anyone in this thing unless they sit still and tunnel vision for about five minutes

Use it if  you need to to win. Who gives a shit if they cry about it, so long as you get that victory. Just don't uselessly spam it, or you'll go broke.That's my opinion.

I get kinda sad in my mediocrely armored tanks when I get shot with premium rounds, but I never complain about it in chat, when I'm driving lightly armored tanks, I laugh my ass off, on my IS-3 they bounce anyways if I'm playing correctly, I carry like 4-6 on my low pen guns, none on high pen ones, I think game would be better without prem ammo :) However, probably not cuz I'm the average pubby

The problem I see is that WG seems to love people who spam heat! See T110E5, Japanese heavies. WTF is that E5 buff? How do you pen that thing when it's hull-down? You use gold, a-duh.