_Assad

How to keep motivated to even do well?

I've been in a downward slump lately. I was one of the top performers in clan Wn8 wise (3800) up until about 2 months ago. basically I've been grinding TD's, Arty, and super heavies which are not the greatest wn8 wise. Im sick to death of maintaining good stats. I just have fun in pubs now reverse XVM sniping in arty for missions and Slamming heat shells from the JPE and Hesh of the 183 into anything that moves. That's obviously going to be a massive hit to wn8. How do you guys even have the will power to maintain wn8? The main reason why I haven't been kicked from mahou due to shit wn8 that will probably be blue soon is due to the fact when it comes down to the wire in tournaments and CW I step it up a big notch and play to win rather than just not giving a shit. How do you guys keep motivated to do well even after so much time? I'd imagine playing straight up ru meds and pref 8s would get boring at some point like it did for me. So if I want to recover my wn8 for the clan's image sake what should I do? I used to have time and energy, but getting my first taste of a 40 hour work week for the first time in my life has taken a drastic toll on my capabilities. I come home late it's CW, no one wants to platoon, I solo til RQ and suck dix, or just get off. 

I wouldn't even say im burnt out. I can still perform in competitive, because that's all I really care about anymore. All I see pubs now are a means to an end with wn8. How do you guys do it? 21k battles in I've lost the motivation to keep wn8 high, but not quit the game either. Atleast not until November rolls along ;)

I used to have time and energy, but getting my first taste of a 40 hour work week for the first time in my life has taken a drastic toll on my capabilities. I come home late it's CW, no one wants to platoon, I solo til RQ and suck dix, or just get off. 

Add to that "wife glaring at me the whole time" and we're on the same page.

I have some spirit-tanks that I enjoy playing and playing well. It helps make the pubs okay.

Well i dont play at your level (not even close) but it isnt about keeping up stats to compare who's got the biggest epeen but rather playing something you enjoy and doing what you enjoy well, When i play and the match is hard faught and won it feels more satisfiying then winning in a steam roll where my contribution seems minimal. What i guess i am trying to say is dont play for stats but dont give up playing well either. Playing well and playing for the win and to the best of your abilities is what is the reward at the end of the day, WN8 and winrate will follow if you keep in the play well but not at the expense of fun, at the end of the day its a game and not something to beat yourself up with.

TL:DR Dont play for stats, just play your heart out and enjoy the game win8 and winrate will always improve if you play your best (or should at least, works for the manga peeps;))

Short answer: I don't.

Longer answer: One of the best things you can do in this game is to forget about stats.  In a game with this much RNG and anti-skill elements, try-harding for stats is bound to end in frustration and rage.  Play for fun, try to improve on the things that are actually under your control, and shrug you shoulders at the things that aren't.  Also, don't give in to the WN8 obsession that so many people have...

Stop giving any fucks over WN8. It's a fucking metric. Go maintain 70%+ recent and forget about it. Simple as that. Nobody cares how high you can get a number if you're the one winning more matches than they are. 

Stop giving any fucks over WN8. It's a fucking metric. Go maintain 70%+ recent and forget about it. Simple as that. Nobody cares how high you can get a number if you're the one winning more matches than they are. 

is that the best way to do well in this game is just to try and win? rest will come later?

So if I want to recover my wn8 for the clan's image sake what should I do?

I'd rather have a 2k wn8 player in clan who knows what he is doing (believe me there's ton of pubbiecums who have no clue what teamplay is) instead of your typical 3,5k wn8 "I play to farm dmg, fuck winning" who has no idea how to play in SH's/CW's etc. From experience I can say that I've seen the extremes of both ends, guys with overall low wn8 with impressive teamplay abilities and high wn8 with no teamplaying. The latter one happens atleast with my clans recruits way too often (That's why we have a trial though...). Too often the pubstars end up trying to play their random playstyle in competitive, which means they'll end up farming dmg but are not sharing their HP and taking the hits when needed to.

If the clan knows your abilities, just stop giving a fuck about wn8. If they kick you because you have "too low wn8", you are in the wrong clan anyway.

is that the best way to do well in this game is just to try and win? rest will come later?

For a while I played a lot of mediums. My focus has since shifted to a lot more IS-7/E-100 and less meds. My recent has more or less hovered from 73%-76% for the past year and a half. 

My definition of doing well is winning a match (with respectable damage of course). That's really all you *should* care about. Farming mop-up damage is nice when the opportunity presents itself but for most of the match you should focus on not losing. For others their definition of doing well is being able to farm the most damage and that may be a skill in its own but in the end it's one team that loses and one team that wins. 

I'd rather have a 2k wn8 player in clan who knows what he is doing (believe me there's ton of pubbiecums who have no clue what teamplay is) instead of your typical 3,5k wn8 "I play to farm dmg, fuck winning" who has no idea how to play in SH's/CW's etc. From experience I can say that I've seen the extremes of both ends, guys with overall low wn8 with impressive teamplay abilities and high wn8 with no teamplaying. The latter one happens atleast with my clans recruits way too often (That's why we have a trial though...). Too often the pubstars end up trying to play their random playstyle in competitive, which means they'll end up farming dmg but are not sharing their HP and taking the hits when needed to.

If the clan knows your abilities, just stop giving a fuck about wn8. If they kick you because you have "too low wn8", you are in the wrong clan anyway.

Pubstars that work well as a team as well can be pretty devastating in SH/CW (we don't really lose much at all apart from people being retarded on purpose or when the enemy trains for 3 weeks straight). 

Way back then when statistics first came out some of the top clans had mostly green teams (efficiency wise) with purple callers. A lot of it back then consisted of "you did what you were told, no questions asked", at least for NA. Discipline was a lot better and that led to good teams that weren't all purple. 

Pubstars that work well as a team as well can be pretty devastating in SH/CW (we don't really lose much at all apart from people being retarded on purpose or when the enemy trains for 3 weeks straight).

Ofc they can be, but the problem is most of the time they are trying to apply their random habits into SH/CW (atleast a thing I see on EU). Meaning they try to peek and other stupid stuff which is useful in randoms but not so useful in team based modes where your FC probably wants to have his main force in full hp instead of 50% because of peeking.

The change they have to make to their playstyle is not big, but for some it just seems impossible.

Dia you're using Bulba as an example of pubstardom, but half of them if not more have had either CW calling experience or CW/Gold League experience in general. It's the guys that padded to 4k wn8 with ru meds that he's talking about. They have no idea how to work as a team since they've either solo pubbed or only had 2 platoonmates to rely off of. I dont think you deny that your time in Relic or any other CW clan hasn't been invaluable to you in tournies or competitive environments.

Dia you're using Bulba as an example of pubstardom, but half of them if not more have had either CW calling experience or CW/Gold League experience in general. It's the guys that padded to 4k wn8 with ru meds that he's talking about. They have no idea how to work as a team since they've either solo pubbed or only had 2 platoonmates to rely off of. I dont think you deny that your time in Relic or any other CW clan hasn't been invaluable to you in tournies or competitive environments.

I don't deny that. If he's talking about those that padded to 4k, then of course. I was just saying you can have pubstars + good teamplay as well. Habits die hard and I can only assume people are gonna sit back and chai snipe in some instances. 

Maintaining a solid 70% has been a lot more fun than trying to maintain a 3500 recent.

Short answer: I don't.

Longer answer: One of the best things you can do in this game is to forget about stats.  In a game with this much RNG and anti-skill elements, try-harding for stats is bound to end in frustration and rage.  Play for fun, try to improve on the things that are actually under your control, and shrug you shoulders at the things that aren't.  Also, don't give in to the WN8 obsession that so many people have...

honestly this is true, i used to run session stats mod to keep track of my daily Wn8 and it became more and more frustrating to keep up my desired Wn8. so now I've removed that mod and i just play tanks without caring about my stats, i still know when ive had a good/bad game but i don't let it bother me. 

as for the whole CW thing i just quit with it for now....platoon only clans are what I've been doing because honestly CW can be very stress-full, i mean..whats the point of playing the game when you are not enjoying it?  

Its hard and I've decided not worth it to keep up motivation to play this game. It is fundamentally broken and will never change, and even if it does there are other games out now that require skill, have high skillcaps, and reward players for skill. There is no reason to play wot.

I got hit for 1250 by arty in my JagdTiger recently and I had an epiphany, why am I playing a game where some fucking retard can click me because he has been xvm sniping me since the game loaded in and take away 80% of my hp? This is a bad game. There is no reason to play it. What just happened is the opposite of skilled gaming, it is disgusting. So I uninstalled and deleted all my bookmarks except I found one today so I posted a bit.