TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

456 posts in this topic

I am sure everybody hates the fact that I am even trying the arty missions. Well, so do I. But I am not good enough to actually get all the others with honours. 

Cola + Prem ammo does help. Had an Ace tanker game in the M53/M55 but some random LTTB had a few more xp than me. 

Also, I feel the french T9 arty is actually quite nice for SPG15. The premium HE almost doubles the (normally shitty) splash radius. So it feels like you get more improvement for your buck then with the premium M53/M55 shells. Also, it's quite accurate and fast firing, giving you a lot of flexibility. 

M44 Heat does not work for me. Just no luck with pens. Wondering if I should invest some free xp to get the GW Panther.

Been close a few times now, but no cigar yet. 

is the tier VI french arty enough to go through the first set od missions or do i need to go up?

i really hate playing arty so i tend to complete other missions with honors, but i want the female crew

On 1/9/2017 at 4:23 AM, PieterJ said:

I am sure everybody hates the fact that I am even trying the arty missions. Well, so do I. But I am not good enough to actually get all the others with honours. 

Cola + Prem ammo does help. Had an Ace tanker game in the M53/M55 but some random LTTB had a few more xp than me.

Also, I feel the french T9 arty is actually quite nice for SPG15. The premium HE almost doubles the (normally shitty) splash radius.

I think this is cause of the great divide between people thinking arty is crap and arty is broken: a crew with BIA and running food (esp w/o the risk of fire) is much more advantageous than other classes.

I personally found the RU TDs to be underrated (yes they are terribly RNG but if the planets align you will have a beast game); I finished SPG15-3 in the tier 8 SU-14-2 one shotting a TVP 50/51 and Grille 15 plus got a few other solid hit. Likewise while I was grinding through the S-51 it was completely maddening but I was able to tick off a bunch of missions in it.

On 1/9/2017 at 4:42 AM, volim_velike_sise said:

is the tier VI french arty enough to go through the first set od missions or do i need to go up?

i really hate playing arty so i tend to complete other missions with honors, but i want the female crew

You can do most of them for sure; it depends on if you think you can get 2k damage (for SPG15-1) in the AMX -- it will be possible but you will need a pretty boss game. And since the french TDs are pretty good at shotgunning it's a good line for killing lights.You could also unlock the S-51 through the KV-2 (and pray to the RNG gods).

On 8/2/2016 at 5:47 AM, GehakteMolen said:
  • HT-09: ram a higher tier heavy tank (no need to survive) on previous missions this was easy, T1 heavy is awesome rammer, but no t5 allowed here, and Amx 50B also wont cut it, so buy back M6? buy back amx-100? (i dont have Fcm) try to do it with KV5 or IS3?
  •  

You don't have to just ram, you can drop from the sky and get the kill.  I used my VK45B on the Paris map and drove off the bridge onto an obj 263.  Crushing Blow!  Overlord could be another opportunity.

2 minutes ago, olddirtynapkin said:

You don't have to just ram, you can drop from the sky and get the kill.  I used my VK45B on the Paris map and drove off the bridge onto an obj 263.  Crushing Blow!  Overlord could be another opportunity.

I did it with T10, rammed some arty to dead (a AP shell and a ram, should also be sufficient)

But yeah, dropping on somebody also works :P

Ok so with 9.18 the SPG missions are all different and certainly have different needs.  What's the pick for SPG-15 for the Obj 260 these days.  Requirement is for your team to do 3,500 damage to tanks you stun or track, win, and be top on both teams in XP.

Getting people to shoot what you've stunned is quite a challenge.

Excellent question.  I re-purchased the tier10 French arty during the 30% off sale just for this reason.  It has 0.61 dispersion compared to my previous go-to M53/M55's tier8 gun having 0.63 (or 0.75 for the big gun).  And the stun duration is almost as long but you get 3 shots per clip!  Being able to re-stun a tank or tanks out in the open that just used their kit will be sweet.  So my vote is Bat.-Châtillon 155 58 until a smart person explains why I'm wrong :)

13 minutes ago, Thundercrack said:

until a smart person explains why I'm wrong :)

You're wrong!

Maybe not about this one thing, I don't know, but c'mon we both know I'm smarter than you. So much smarter you guys.

There are also better guns for specific missions.  Take the lower damage, faster fire rate for Stun Missions.

I need to get LT15.3 or SPG 15.3 with honors.  Not sure which of those is easier.

On 4/26/2017 at 10:03 PM, Grasschopper said:

Getting people to shoot what you've stunned is quite a challenge.

Oh boy, so much this.
I have been trying the "new" GW Panther last night to see how easy the new missions are, and by far the most trouble is collecting assist damage (be it from stun or tracking). Its such a crapshoot if the team actually decides to focus on what you are "preparing" for them or not - plus its often hard to beat on targets that your team is actually fighting. Also, shooting stuff like camping TDs that gets spotted in the back line is pretty much pointless, nobody will be able to shoot them before they re-cloak, and you will only do a couple hundred direct dmg if you are lucky

- and arty cant platoon either, so you cant coordinate with friends

The other focus of the new missions seems to be collecting "stunned time" on various targets, I would assume bigger guns with longer stuns serve better for that, less hits needed in total + you can stun multiple people in the same splash with the bigger radius of bigger guns

Having said that, the soul-killing-slotmachine experience of arty before 9.18 is gone. Up till now, after the "first great arty nerf" I only did the Stug SPG missions, and it made me want to kill myself: it was such an utter crapshoot if you would hit or miss, full aim or not. That effect is gone now, well aimed shots rarely miss - but they hardly do much either. So one now has to "work for it", and its a lot more fun, much more engaging to nibble away at targets than to fire like four times and pray for a blat.

Also (at least at tier 7) counter battery seems dead: you need to be exceedingly lucky to pen enemy arty just based on tracers, and it also works the other way around: I had ppl desperately trying to counter me and end up doing like four times 30-40 splash or somesuch, negligible in the end

Oh and one last thing: arty view ranges have been further nerfed into oblivion, like 275 for the GW Panther :D 

On 4/28/2017 at 2:07 PM, WhatTheSkara said:

Seems like arty is more fun to play now.

Time to rebuy the gw panther, m53 and t92 :kappa:

It is tiny bit less annoying to play, if anything. New missions are pretty easy though, did two of the 260 missions in first three arty games of this patch.

Oops I posted this in the other thread and meant to post it here:

Currently on MT-15.4, TD-15.4, SPG-15.4 and HT 6, 7 and of course 15.  LT-15.4 done but not with honors.  Couple of questions/thoughts:

1. How do you complete HT-6.4 (kill 2 HTs 2 tiers higher than you) when you can't get a match with 2 HTs 2 tiers higher than you?  And then of course best tank to do this?  In the current MM I'm thinking that the easiest way will be in a tier 6 or 7.  The thought of trying to kill like a Maus and some other tier 10 in a tier 8 just seems harder than killing say a Defender, Patriot, Chrysler in say a KV-2.
  2. SPG-15: which arty is best for this now?  I'm wondering if I should buy the T92 while it's on track.  I just unlocked it but have not bought it.  I have the M53/55, M40/43, Lorr 155-51, BC 155-58, FV 3805.  So I really only ever played arty for the missions and I just don't play it much...but I've kept key SPGs in case they are needed for clan wars.  The BC 58 seems like it's no longer used due to the nerfs so I'm thinking of selling it and picking up the T92.
  3. MT-15: I seem to keep getting TD dump matches when playing a TD...but when I'm playing a MT there are seemingly less TDs to get this 4k damage.  Toon with TDs?  I have TVP 50/51 and BC 25T which I assume are still the prefered MTs for this mission...though I'm sure the RU MTs are fine too.  Thoughts?

TD-15 will happen when it happens.  I've gotten close a couple of times but the circumstances to get that much damage just don't fall into place for me very often.  Been running Grille 15 and STRV 103-B along with the FV 215b 183 and JPE100 every now and then.  HT-15 I've done in multiple games in a row in my Maus...just got to get those other two missions done and I think that one will be easy.

Edit: so the first post really needs updated as the SPGs can't platoon anymore....and you can't do platoons like a Cromwell with an E25 anymore.

1 hour ago, Grasschopper said:

Oops I posted this in the other thread and meant to post it here:

Currently on MT-15.4, TD-15.4, SPG-15.4 and HT 6, 7 and of course 15.  LT-15.4 done but not with honors.  Couple of questions/thoughts:

1. How do you complete HT-6.4 (kill 2 HTs 2 tiers higher than you) when you can't get a match with 2 HTs 2 tiers higher than you?  And then of course best tank to do this?  In the current MM I'm thinking that the easiest way will be in a tier 6 or 7.  The thought of trying to kill like a Maus and some other tier 10 in a tier 8 just seems harder than killing say a Defender, Patriot, Chrysler in say a KV-2.
  2. SPG-15: which arty is best for this now?  I'm wondering if I should buy the T92 while it's on track.  I just unlocked it but have not bought it.  I have the M53/55, M40/43, Lorr 155-51, BC 155-58, FV 3805.  So I really only ever played arty for the missions and I just don't play it much...but I've kept key SPGs in case they are needed for clan wars.  The BC 58 seems like it's no longer used due to the nerfs so I'm thinking of selling it and picking up the T92.
  3. MT-15: I seem to keep getting TD dump matches when playing a TD...but when I'm playing a MT there are seemingly less TDs to get this 4k damage.  Toon with TDs?  I have TVP 50/51 and BC 25T which I assume are still the prefered MTs for this mission...though I'm sure the RU MTs are fine too.  Thoughts?

TD-15 will happen when it happens.  I've gotten close a couple of times but the circumstances to get that much damage just don't fall into place for me very often.  Been running Grille 15 and STRV 103-B along with the FV 215b 183 and JPE100 every now and then.  HT-15 I've done in multiple games in a row in my Maus...just got to get those other two missions done and I think that one will be easy.

Edit: so the first post really needs updated as the SPGs can't platoon anymore....and you can't do platoons like a Cromwell with an E25 anymore.

Right now tier 8 heavies are seeing tons of tier X MM so opportunities are at least plausible to get 2 heavies in a 3-5-7.  To maximize your chance, you might try the 50-100 so you get 6 chances at a kill shot.  No doubt 3-5-7 MM has made this one tough though.

LT-15 remains the hardest mission for me. I just can't get that Malinovka in a light. I've been playing all day and all i get is Stalingrad after Paris after Ensk after Overlord.... :facepalm:

Now ht 6.4 is more luck than rigging the mm..

Tier 6 derp heavies (O-I and kv2) can kill defenders/patriots..

A is3 can't kill a maus, no matter how hard he tries, he just can't..

Also t7 heavies don't really work, the gap between t7 guns and t9 armour is too high, and you don't really see tier 9s anymore in tier 7s (1 match in like 30+)..

I may give the O-HO a try..

That mission needs to be reworked..

Mt 15.4 gets done by playing with tds in platoon, otherwise it's almost impossible to achieve in the current mm.. basically any tank with good mobility and high rof/dpm/clip, so batchat, tvp, Ru meds, I would avoid 121 and m48/e50m..

Spgs: t7s and t9s, they still get more exp when playing against higher tiers.. m53/gw panther should do the job..

39 minutes ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

LT-15 remains the hardest mission for me. I just can't get that Malinovka in a light. I've been playing all day and all i get is Stalingrad after Paris after Ensk after Overlord.... :facepalm:

Well, right now you can do it by dealing a lot of damage and farm spotting/detracking damage..

In tier 10 lights it's not too hard on your average map rotation (open-ish maps like live oaks, steppes, highway)

It shouldn't be hard... And it usually isn't when I watch other ppls replays. But I continuously get stuck at 6000-7000 combined damage in good games. :(

What would you recommend for LT-14 (T-55A) in the current meta and reworked lights??

I need 5k spot and I tried inv people to platoon, but they either do too little or just ignore. 

It is possible to solo it I guess but I cannot make it work. I'm trying with WZ-132A and RU (tier IX) but so far no luck in like 50 battles. Problem is there are way too many lights in game now (usually 4-5) and if I try to run for the usual "sweet spots" on Prochorovka or Malinovka, there is always at least one enemy light contesting it and spotting me. 

If only tracking damage counted too.. I have these 2 missions left for T55A and I'm losing my nerves over this..

On 7/6/2017 at 2:56 PM, MatzerMike said:

What would you recommend for LT-14 (T-55A) in the current meta and reworked lights??

I need 5k spot and I tried inv people to platoon, but they either do too little or just ignore. 

It is possible to solo it I guess but I cannot make it work. I'm trying with WZ-132A and RU (tier IX) but so far no luck in like 50 battles. Problem is there are way too many lights in game now (usually 4-5) and if I try to run for the usual "sweet spots" on Prochorovka or Malinovka, there is always at least one enemy light contesting it and spotting me. 

If only tracking damage counted too.. I have these 2 missions left for T55A and I'm losing my nerves over this..

i keep doing that in 13 105, wz 132-1, t100.. any light tank basically, you just have to find the right map and either kemp boosh or actually play the game and active scout..

Anyway, i'm rebuying the kv2 50 100 to get that HT 6.4 (and finish the marks), then i'll spam maus until i get ht 15 done.

Arty missions are so stupid now.

The best way to do them is to purposely miss the target by a few metres so you get a tiny amount of damage dealt and still stun them to maximise the potential hp assist by stunning, which is just hoping your team actually shoot the tank you stun. 

Liking the killing arty ones though, Type 64 spamming will get the mission eventually, just need to run into 7s and 8s (and play the game).

On 6/7/2017 at 8:56 AM, MatzerMike said:

39 minutes ago, Thundercrack said:

@MatzerMike don't forget you can also platoon with heavies who tend to rack up a lot of spotting.  It doesn't have to be a bunch of LTs!

^^ This was going to be my response as well.  Platoon with something that you KNOW will be in the front.  Or if you're bringing a partner discuss tracking with them as a "priority".  I did this mission VERY quickly just spamming random platoon requests in battles.

Tell me how to do TD mission "deal at least 5000 damage and crit (destroy/kill) 3 enemy vehicle modules or crewmembers (don't end battle with destroyed modules or dead crewmembers)"? It's easy in theory, but problem is that it doesn't count fixed modules or healed crewmembers and now the kits are multi usable... basically impossible unless you happen to destroy module or kill crewmember with your killshot. So, some very high alpha gun is only option? JPE? 183? (I don't have either though)