TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

456 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Vindi said:

Do I seriously need a Maus or type 5 heavy for the T55A HT-12? 

HT-12: Sturdy Armor Tier VI - X

Your armor can block a great amount of damage if you use it well.Main Objective

• Damage blocked by armor must be at least triple the HP of your vehicle.
• Cause at least 2,000 HP of damage.

Secondary Objective

• Win the battle.
• Survive the battle.

Just clarifying; but HT 12.3 doesn't need to be done with honors to unlock HT 15.3... (you only need the 15th mission with Honors, the others are irrelevant)   

I was stuck on this mission for a very long time (shitty heavy player being one of my many failings) and completed it in the VK45.02 B (post nerf) on Overlord and I had to actually stop penning enemy tanks and bait shots until I bounced what I needed.  It truly is one of those perfect storm RNG kind of missions (for me anyway).

T32 and VK4502B are recommended here.  Type 4 has also been recommended.  Maybe the 257?  

It may be worth a try with alternate tanks as it has been suggested elsewhere that poking a Maus out from the rock near spawn (visible) on Malinovka can bait enough bounces; or taking a Maus down the Lakeville mid road... 

9 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

Maybe the 257? 

257 strikes me as a suboptimal choice.  I never seem to have a lot of trouble penning those...

I have done the HT-15 with honors in my Sconq so thats a relief then. I guess I will try some Defender or some sort, the painful thing is the current 3-5-7 mm. Good luck for me bouncing the needed amount in tier X against 268's and tier IX-X artillery which always focuses me even when I'm lover tier. FFS.

I cannot seem to complete the T-55A TD mission where you have to do 4 times more damage than your HP. I got the SU-100 as per recommendation for this mission but this tank is so awful mainly because the gun is beyond trash. Fully aimed shots not penning or even hitting at all a lot of the time. And you can't play it like an assault gun as it has no armor or the HP to do it. What do I do?

2 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I cannot seem to complete the T-55A TD mission where you have to do 4 times more damage than your HP. I got the SU-100 as per recommendation for this mission but this tank is so awful mainly because the gun is beyond trash. Fully aimed shots not penning or even hitting at all a lot of the time. And you can't play it like an assault gun as it has no armor or the HP to do it. What do I do?

Unfortunately, I would still recommend the SU-100, as just 6 average damage pens are required to finish the mission.  Both the SU-100Y and St. Emil need 7 average damage pens however I think survivability is better in the SU-100.  The armour (and gun) can be trollish, just be liberal with the premium and you can kind of selectively be a 2nd line assault tank bully at tier and below.   

I have done the T6 and T7 comparisons below so if you over-perform in one of these TDs and can land the required shots, give that TD a try.  (I suspect HP scales up faster than alpha so I don't expect the higher tiers to be easier but there may be one hiding there...)

Vah0bxK.png

On 8/29/2018 at 3:39 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

Hellcat is better for that mission