TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

I'm stuck on HT15.3  

I have the VKb and the E5, I've been within 1000 damage about 5 times, but something always goes wrong.

I have the IS7, E-100 and the Maus unlocked.  I still need about $2-3M credits to buy one.

Is there a reason the IS7 isn't recommended?  Isn't is overall the best tank of these 3?

53 minutes ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I'm stuck on HT15.3  

I have the VKb and the E5, I've been within 1000 damage about 5 times, but something always goes wrong.

I have the IS7, E-100 and the Maus unlocked.  I still need about $2-3M credits to buy one.

Is there a reason the IS7 isn't recommended?  Isn't is overall the best tank of these 3?

I did HT15.3 with the E100, and HT15.4 with the Maus. Part of the reasoning is that they have great armor, similar or better DPM and also more HP (550 and 850 more hitpoints). And they are huge targets, that people WANT to shoot at, while a hull down IS-7 might be save, but players quickly switch to HE or won't shoot at you. So, their package is overall better than the IS-7 to complete this mission.

Unless you really need honors it's easiest to succeed with a losing team and you go out in a blaze of glory getting it all with blocked damage.

edit: if you buy Maus it'll help with HT-12 and 15 but not as fun as the E 100.  Hopefully we'll see a Christmas sale like last year and Tier X will be 15% off.

4 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I'm stuck on HT15.3  

You should be able to do HT-15.3 in a VKB. I'd recommend a Maus for HT-15.4. 

11 hours ago, Thundercrack said:

Just knocked down HT-15.4 with the VKB on Mines (same map that I got HT-15.3 on!).  9,760 blocked and 3,664 damage.  I can't believe how easy it is with this thing.  Get your block missions done before the lower plate nerf!

http://wotreplays.com/site/3199810

Any tips for making fun to play?  Hate that tank. And I tend to simply destroy a flank if I don't get HE to death from above. 

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Any tips for making fun to play?  Hate that tank. And I tend to simply destroy a flank if I don't get HE to death from above. 

The VKB sucks except for getting missions. It's too slow and depends on fighting pubbies that don't know how to handle it.

I loved seeing a cocky VKB when I was grinding the Jagdtiger. "Oh, you didn't know that I can 22 LOLpen your UFP?!"

It's fun for me already because I only did the line for missions and I'm only half way to the Maus. I get tons of purple games out of it too.  I can see it being a bore without missions or the goal of researching the Maus...

3 hours ago, monjardin said:

The VKB sucks except for getting missions. It's too slow and depends on fighting pubbies that don't know how to handle it.

I loved seeing a cocky VKB when I was grinding the Jagdtiger. "Oh, you didn't know that I can 22 LOLpen your UFP?!"

*GASP* How dare you impugn the VK4502(BEST)

Emil II and Krangvagen could be good tanks for bounce missions currently. Lot of peoples have not yet learned how hard those tank turrets are.

I don't have a VKB and didn't want to grind that entire line for it. So I bought the AMX M4 49 Liberte for this mission. Hoping people would miss/not shoot the cupola. 

Did HT 12.3 in the 3rd game in it. Barely. 2100 damage and 4600 blockd (1500hp). But the plan worked. Probably won't be able to do HT12.4 in it, but I never even expected to get this far with missions anyway. 4 missions left for the T55a. I didn't even expect to get the 2nd set done.

1 hour ago, PieterJ said:

What do you guys shoot out of a M53/M55? Just the regular HE?

Depending on the mission I use all gold.  If time = money you're better off shooting gold HE.

2 hours ago, PieterJ said:

What do you guys shoot out of a M53/M55? Just the regular HE?

For any high tier arty I shoot only premium HE + use food. It is both a screw you to the pubs I shoot at and a way to mitigate RNG.

53 minutes ago, IanSanJR said:

i keep HE whatever i need HE for low HP around 50-250HP then it would be best save credit rather spam prem ammo.

I don't agree.  The premium HE is for more explosion radius so that RNG doesn't stick it to you and entirely miss a 50-250HP shot because you went cheap on your ammo :P

On 12/30/2016 at 10:15 AM, Thundercrack said:

I don't agree.  The premium HE is for more explosion radius so that RNG doesn't stick it to you and entirely miss a 50-250HP shot because you went cheap on your ammo :P

Plus who the hell can reliably plan for a 250hp kill 40 seconds in advance?

On 12/31/2016 at 1:15 AM, Thundercrack said:

oh my bad, i though talking about normal tank like LT, MT, HT, TD HE round use for. so this guys talking about arty HE ammo set?

ya, it should be nice to go for prem ammo, advantages: extend radius splash but more dmg hit than normal HE with less splash radius. I think T92 is okay but CGC accuracy till meh. M40 meh, M55 meh, gwpanther meh.