TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

11 hours ago, Vindi said:

Do I seriously need a Maus or type 5 heavy for the T55A HT-12? 

HT-12: Sturdy Armor Tier VI - X

Your armor can block a great amount of damage if you use it well.Main Objective

• Damage blocked by armor must be at least triple the HP of your vehicle.
• Cause at least 2,000 HP of damage.

Secondary Objective

• Win the battle.
• Survive the battle.

Just clarifying; but HT 12.3 doesn't need to be done with honors to unlock HT 15.3... (you only need the 15th mission with Honors, the others are irrelevant)   

I was stuck on this mission for a very long time (shitty heavy player being one of my many failings) and completed it in the VK45.02 B (post nerf) on Overlord and I had to actually stop penning enemy tanks and bait shots until I bounced what I needed.  It truly is one of those perfect storm RNG kind of missions (for me anyway).

T32 and VK4502B are recommended here.  Type 4 has also been recommended.  Maybe the 257?  

It may be worth a try with alternate tanks as it has been suggested elsewhere that poking a Maus out from the rock near spawn (visible) on Malinovka can bait enough bounces; or taking a Maus down the Lakeville mid road... 

I have done the HT-15 with honors in my Sconq so thats a relief then. I guess I will try some Defender or some sort, the painful thing is the current 3-5-7 mm. Good luck for me bouncing the needed amount in tier X against 268's and tier IX-X artillery which always focuses me even when I'm lover tier. FFS.

I cannot seem to complete the T-55A TD mission where you have to do 4 times more damage than your HP. I got the SU-100 as per recommendation for this mission but this tank is so awful mainly because the gun is beyond trash. Fully aimed shots not penning or even hitting at all a lot of the time. And you can't play it like an assault gun as it has no armor or the HP to do it. What do I do?

2 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I cannot seem to complete the T-55A TD mission where you have to do 4 times more damage than your HP. I got the SU-100 as per recommendation for this mission but this tank is so awful mainly because the gun is beyond trash. Fully aimed shots not penning or even hitting at all a lot of the time. And you can't play it like an assault gun as it has no armor or the HP to do it. What do I do?

Unfortunately, I would still recommend the SU-100, as just 6 average damage pens are required to finish the mission.  Both the SU-100Y and St. Emil need 7 average damage pens however I think survivability is better in the SU-100.  The armour (and gun) can be trollish, just be liberal with the premium and you can kind of selectively be a 2nd line assault tank bully at tier and below.   

I have done the T6 and T7 comparisons below so if you over-perform in one of these TDs and can land the required shots, give that TD a try.  (I suspect HP scales up faster than alpha so I don't expect the higher tiers to be easier but there may be one hiding there...)

Vah0bxK.png

On 8/29/2018 at 3:39 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

Hellcat is better for that mission

On 8/29/2018 at 1:39 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

I did it in an STRV S1 on Karelia south spawn, west side and abused the shit out of the camo rating shooting the HT coming round the corner.

You just need the right game with the SU-100. Bring plenty of ACPR and sacrifice a goat to the RNG-gods. It's 6 penetrating shots to get the mission (assuming no killshots and average RNG) so it's going to happen fairly often.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:31 PM, Kymrel said:

I'm playing the SU-100 as well for missions, just played a 4k game in it, camping base on Sand River. Stay with it @EvilMonkee.

I re-bought the SU-100 (with random crap crew) and found a really good American crew and recently put them in the Hellcat to close this one out.

While I did get close with the Tier 6 IKEA and the SU in the end the Hellcat came through, knocking off in the last week:
TD-14 (25% dmg + win) on Seigfried line (assault defense)
TD-12 (5x HPs) on Mali

For TD-12 it was a pure tier 6 MM and I ended up doing almost 7x HPs with 50% of team damage output. As much as it's been nerfed (and the lack of acceleration is completely unfun) the Hellcat is still solid due to the turret. And with food the gun handling is passable.

I also re-purchased the SU100. I was something like 40 damage short of HT4.12 on the very first game. Since then the gun is just trolling me.

Ive been close on the Dickermax a couple times

Maybe I’ll retrain my E4 Crew back into the Hellcat

Hellcat seems to be pretty reliable these days due to pubbies with no vision skills or equipment.  The farm is real.

Yeah, it works. Just a matter of getting the right map, the right baddies on the enemy team, and, most importantly, the right kind of bads on your team.