TheMarine0341

Comprehensive “Best Tank for Mission” List

18 minutes ago, JoreyTK said:

How do I get HT-12 for the T55a and the obj260 done on the T-32? Someone please show me how. I've been racking my brains on this or months.

You don't. You grab the VK4502B and laugh as you meet requirements for that mission on a weekly basis.

11 minutes ago, JoreyTK said:

How do I get HT-12 for the T55a and the obj260 done on the T-32? Someone please show me how. I've been racking my brains on this or months.

GTE2xQn.jpg

MT-12-3

I guess same damn problem as everyone...

Been at it for at least 6 months. Played roughly 2000 games in medium tanks in that time. About 500 have been played with the specific goal of completing this mission, across maybe 10 different tanks. I've lost games I could have won because I refused to shoot the front of a tank so I could get side shots.

I currently have the Cromwell, which a lot of people say is good for the mission. I am using the large gun. It's an awesome tank, but I'm setting about 1 fire per 5-10 games at most, while specifically trying for it. I find it only works "well" when in super close range, due to the poor gun handling, but this is risky and usually results in death, which results in losses, which sucks...

A-43 is out of question for me...

Should I change to the smaller gun (faster fire rate)?

Any suggestions as to a different tank for it?

Is the comet better for it? I could get it and crew it without issue. If so, which gun?

Other tips that were not mentioned here?

Thanks!

The tank choice doesn't really matter that much. It's a dice roll. People that say otherwise just got lucky (or are better at consistently hitting fuel tanks). 

The A-43 just has better gun handling. The Cromwell guns are as good for the task if you hit your shots.

I did MT-12.3 while grinding the Panther, but that was ages ago. I've had no luck with MT-12.4 even with the A-43, and I'm sick of play mid tier mediums. I rage sold the thing a few months ago. 

6 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

Some personal missions have a poorly translated (or unstated) requirement for "internal" modules, thus track shots may not count.   

I was wondering about that, maybe it's internal only. If not getting 3 crew members is gonna be annoying. Sure you can spam HE but you still gotta get 5k done. 

Can anyone confirm whether it's internal mods only or you need 3 dead crewmen?

4 hours ago, JoreyTK said:

I did the actual mission in the IS-3 funnily enough, then got the requirements a week later in the IS-4. I think the T32 only bounces the turret which limits where you can bounce stuff. The IS-3 is still quite good for bouncing against tomato teams, same for the IS-4 with its troll armour.

But the easiest way still seems to be the VKB..

Just finished MT-9.4 (2k damage on 1 tier higher heavies) with Skoda T50. For a scrublord like me, it's just too hard to do 2k damage to high tier heavies in Pershing / Muts consistently. And I don't have CDC / Obj. 416 in my garage.

With the addition of Japanese HT and Czech MT, the list could use a slight update I guess.

• O-I is just a KV2 with armor. And both O-Ni / O-Ho are (very) capable of finishing HT-4.X with the derp gun.
  • Skoda T50 is good at killing / damaging anything 1 tier higher.

Holy spandex munchkins! I got it! I finally got MT-12-3!!!

I did it on Fjords in my E-50.

First fire was a side shot (rear area) on a Centurion 7/1 in the middle of the map. Second shot was right up the middle of the rear end on an E100 that was engaged in a fight at the south bend.

After thousands of game trying at least passively, and several hundreds trying to do only that, I finally got it!!!

I then proceeded to do MT-13-3 and then MT-14-3 with honors in the next 2 games...

Go figure.

On 17.3.2016 at 2:30 AM, NThirtyTwo said:

First fire was a side shot (rear area) on a Centurion 7/1 in the middle of the map. Second shot was right up the middle of the rear end on an E100 that was engaged in a fight at the south bend.

After thousands of game trying at least passively, and several hundreds trying to do only that, I finally got it!!!

I then proceeded to do MT-13-3 and then MT-14-3 with honors in the next 2 games...

Go figure.

Now have fun dreading 12-4 where you would have failed, as the Centurion is not 2 tiers higher than you. That one has been with me for a year and has basically sucked all the fun out of advancing in missions. The fact that I just did heavy 12-4 in my 110 but did not have the mission activated as I thought it would be impossible in the 110 did not help at all...

22 minutes ago, Tomlinson said:

Now have fun dreading 12-4 where you would have failed, as the Centurion is not 2 tiers higher than you. That one has been with me for a year and has basically sucked all the fun out of advancing in missions. The fact that I just did heavy 12-4 in my 110 but did not have the mission activated as I thought it would be impossible in the 110 did not help at all...

I did that with MT-12.4, because I'd activated a different mission to play some Tier 10s. Took me about 6 weeks til I could do it again.

On 2016. 03. 17. at 2:30 AM, NThirtyTwo said:

Go figure.

I also got my surprise double fire tonight on the same map, Fjords, go figure. RNGesus likes it there apparently

I was getting *this* close to shelling out for an A-43 in desperation (crew, free xp, etc - I have no russians yet, at all), and then suddenly two consecutive shots from my Panther 8.8 into the LFP of thisT-34-3 set two fires. Just like that, I wasnt even paying any mind until suddenly it clicked that I got it :D He was attacking up from the middle "shelf" by the puddle, I was shooting into him from the north
Apparently both shots destroyed his fuel tank - someone else must have damaged it before me, I guess? Weird

And then I was sullenly getting ready to have to wait for ages to get the stars aligned in a 3-artillery match for the Pascucci mission (MT 7.3) - and got it on like the fourth or so with the Bromwell :D

Life is good, just posting this so others see that fortune's favor does come eventually

I got MT-12.3 with a Type 59 on Fish Bay and I had 3 fires that game (A-44 and 2x circling a Super Pershing).  So random.

I'm currently stuck on HT-12.3 but I got within 110 blocked with E 75 (tier10 fights just gold through me).  Since I'm grinding toward E 100 I figure I'll get it eventually and would rather not bother with the VK line.  I do have an IS-7 but my map knowledge/exploit skills suck and I get nowhere with IS-7.  For the same reason I'm uninterested in buying back the T29.

On 3/21/2016 at 8:56 PM, Thundercrack said:

I'm currently stuck on HT-12.3 but I got within 110 blocked with E 75 (tier10 fights just gold through me).  

Took me five games (2nd game in toptier) in O-I yesterday and no, don't play with derp and 2k is easy. And I had tried to do this with E5, IS-3 and IS-6 for quite a while. It's just so much more likely that you meet enough retards in lower tiers. They didn't pen me once in that game and only a Matilda fired APCR :).

Comment on t-55A mission HT-12 'Sturdy armor' :
I didnt even realize I had it on, but it took me only 2 games to do this in my E5, which after the recent buff I decided to brush the dust from.
Did a decent 7.5k worth of DMG dings in it. If you guys dont have the T32 or the VK it is a very good alternative  I believe

9 minutes ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Comment on t-55A mission HT-12 'Sturdy armor' :
I didnt even realize I had it on, but it took me only 2 games to do this in my E5, which after the recent buff I decided to brush the dust from.
Did a decent 7.5k worth of DMG dings in it. If you guys dont have the T32 or the VK it is a very good alternative  I believe

Looking up the numbers I would also have made the HT-15 mission 'dmg done blocked and received extending 12k'. In the
present state the E5 has the near perfect DMG/armor combo for these kinds of missions

Comment on T-55A mission TD 10 'a hidden menace':
I put binocs on the WT auf E100 and this misson took only a couple of games.
Whaffle still in game for this patch and this patch only, so a good idea to still exploit its brokenness
where distance is the key. 
With the 128 one single clip is worth 2550 DMG- that means just one more shot is needed to fulfill mission demands.
(3000 dmg earned hidden)
Grit yer teeth through useless maps with it and get lucky.
I got Ruinberg, south spawn, stayed way in the back and released 2 full clips into naive meds camping around
the little hut on hill. I have had harder missions

On 17.3.2016 at 2:30 AM, NThirtyTwo said:

Go figure.

If you looked up Miss Nurkie's tip on this one you could have saved a lot of time.

The general idea on this mission is:

- you need a pretty fast tank so that you easily get flanking opportunities
- you need an accurate gun 
-you need a fast firing gun. 
-good pen is preferable

With a little thought like Miss Nurkie did the Zis-4 on the A-43 platform 
is an excellent choice for this.
The Zis-4 shoots like a machinegun and with superb accuracy, superb pen with APCR spam(sub 200-ish)
Max out fire probability putting on a good crew(Vents+BIA + deadeye for the gunner)
and you got the perfect receipe.

I am a total noob and struggled a couple of months with this one but following these
instructions I used under 5 games to accomplish it

I dare say even the Cromwell with the small pow pow gun is inferior due to poor gun handling and mediocre pen
even spamming APCR

3 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

If you looked up Miss Nurkie's tip on this one you could have saved a lot of time.

The general idea on this mission is:

- you need a pretty fast tank so that you easily get flanking opportunities
- you need an accurate gun 
-you need a fast firing gun. 
-good pen is preferable

With a little thought like Miss Nurkie did the Zis-4 on the A-43 platform 
is an excellent choice for this.
The Zis-4 shoots like a machinegun and with superb accuracy, superb pen with APCR spam(sub 200-ish)
Max out fire probability putting on a good crew(Vents+BIA + deadeye for the gunner)
and you got the perfect receipe.

I am a total noob and struggled a couple of months with this one but following these
instructions I used under 5 games to accomplish it

I dare say even the Cromwell with the small pow pow gun is inferior due to poor gun handling and mediocre pen
even spamming APCR

Given that you need module damage, and that's a function of caliber, I actually found that it was easier in the E8 to get the Obj260 fire mission, since the 76mm is doing more damage to the fuel tanks. Now, if you're doing engine shots, then yeah, you need pure ROF, but I found fuel tanks to be easier to light.

Also, for the 55a version of the missions, I actually did it in the WZ120 or 121. Big-ass 122mm round to the front of a T54 twice in a row.

7 hours ago, HLS30 said:

Given that you need module damage, and that's a function of caliber, I actually found that it was easier in the E8 to get the Obj260 fire mission, since the 76mm is doing more damage to the fuel tanks. Now, if you're doing engine shots, then yeah, you need pure ROF, but I found fuel tanks to be easier to light.

Also, for the 55a version of the missions, I actually did it in the WZ120 or 121. Big-ass 122mm round to the front of a T54 twice in a row.

You are not wrong, but the module-dpm is still higher on the A43, than on the E8 despite the caliber. The only downside of the 57mm is the penetration distance, because that is also the function of the caliber. The 76mm shell travels 33% more inside of the tank, so you can reach modules even if you hit in a weird angle.

11 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

You are not wrong, but the module-dpm is still higher on the A43, than on the E8 despite the caliber. The only downside of the 57mm is the penetration distance, because that is also the function of the caliber. The 76mm shell travels 33% more inside of the tank, so you can reach modules even if you hit in a weird angle.

I'd say for stuff like this pure DPM actually isn't necessarily your friend. You want to light them on fire, not actually kill them ;)

Also, rarely do you get to use the full DPM of a tank :O

2 hours ago, HLS30 said:

I'd say for stuff like this pure DPM actually isn't necessarily your friend. You want to light them on fire, not actually kill them ;)

Also, rarely do you get to use the full DPM of a tank :O

I wrote modul-dpm as DPM vs modules and not regular dpm. 

12.   T32, VK4502B
15.   MAUS, VK4502B, E100

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/april-overview/

So it looks like the next on-track its the Maus (again?). I grabbed the VK4502B last time this was so -- after having it unlocked from before the E75/E100 introduction -- so I'm wondering how much better is the Maus at doing stuff like HT-15 (versus say the VK4502B, E100, T100E5, IS-7)?

I also need to save my coins to pickup a Type 61 as it seems like the second on-track is the STB-1.

Background: I have HT-12(3) done, and HT-15(3) done (without honours). No great expectations to ever get to the HT-*(4) versions.

Having troubles with my 12.3, I bought the a43 with the zis4 as MissNurkie said, put a decent crew in it, threw away the little stats I've done in a year and a half of playing but still not a single fire was caused.. Am I doing something wrong?

I always damage the engine or the fuel tanks but no fucking fires..

EDIT: managed to get a t34 on fire, but I was too slow and didn't set the enemy is6 (who capped fast with 0damage) -.-

19 hours ago, Fenxis said:

so I'm wondering how much better is the Maus at doing stuff like HT-15

@StranaMechty posted some of his personal stats. He seemed to reach HT-15.4 qualifications much more frequently in the Maus. I'm probably going to buy it when it goes on sale even though I didn't think that I'd ever buy a Maus.

:wut:

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Nevermind, I've just done it lol, set on fire a vk 30.01h and another a43 :D

Nice! MT-12.4 requires both fires to be from higher tiered tanks. Fun fun fun!

:kjugh:

Update: I finally finished LT 14.3 only need LT 15 and 5 more arty missions to get the 55, now to just pray to the Gods of scouting and get a good scouting map with a team that can shoot straight again. I actually completed the kill one and damage one in one shot, unfortunately I had the kill an un-spotted arty selected, which I have gotten a splash a couple of times, but not totally killed one yet.