Derpinator2013

60 day YELLOW! WOOOOOT!

Thank you all.

I finally climbed out of the red sea. Literally could not have done it without you guys. Now maybe I can stay up here in Average Land. :)

<weeps uncontrollably>

I know how you feel.  Keep working on helping your team win games and the colors will take care of themselves.

Thanks all. I just realized thought that I need to double up my efforts now to stay here. It's 60 days to the day from when my game  win rate, fell from it's beginnings to its worst. My game has been steadily improving, but around 60 days ago is when my buddy said, oh-so-casually, "I want to knock out my double on my tier 7's and 8's and you don't have any". Thus a grind fest that was a) pointless and b) destroyed my win rate... well, it already sucked, but it plummeted as I started the rush to tier 6/7/8.

The plunge below is what led me here, but I have to improve even more or at least temporarily, I'm going to drop back into the red sea.

Time to man up! :)

the_bad_new_zps0bd0d540.png

keep it up man. I remember when I first managed to get Green 60-day. i almost fell out of my chair with that 'OMGimsoawesome!!" feeling.

then i managed blue 60-day and almost ran around the room yelling for joy :P

Keep it up abd eventually those numbers will turn green, then blue, then maybe even purple :)

Derp, you are doing good.  Just keep doing what you are doing and everything will get better.  I have been working on improving my stats and I have seen a tremendous turn around in my stats and performance since I asked for help on just one of my tanks.  Don't stop just keep working for that next better mark and you will reach it.

I would just like to say, that this thread rocks! this is by and far one of the most positive threads i have seen on any forums in a long time!

Congrats to the OP! i too have recently been climbing the road to recovery and it feels good every color badge you get! Keep it up!

Very nice, and congratulations :)

Edit:

If you ever want your stats to go back to red, just grind som light tanks.

Especially tier 4 lights with scout MM are great for getting sea of red stats. MM will do an amazing job at rolling you in most battles.

Even if you manage to get 8k spotting damage - winning the a game and doing 50 normal damage because you can only pen tier 2 tanks from the rear and you are currently in a tier 9 game, your game will be rated tomato by wn7. Its a fantastic system.

Sorry if i sound bitter, i needed to vent.

You are doing great, keep it up :)

I was once in your exact shoes, OP. 5k battles later I'm still climbing out of it, progressing, and trending upward. It's a great feeling. Great work, man; keep it up!

feelsgoodman.jpg

We were all red, then yellow and so on. Nobody was born "unicum", except, maybe himself  =D . You will progress, alas you wish to ( despite many others ). Play for your team, always aware of the minimap, rather than play for your stats, and you'll see good changes in no time.  :verysmug:

We were all red, then yellow and so on. Nobody was born "unicum", except, maybe himself  =D . You will progress, alas you wish to ( despite many others ). Play for your team, always aware of the minimap, rather than play for your stats, and you'll see good changes in no time.  :verysmug:

I've had a REALLY bad week as I've been grinding up the British light line (and I don't really care for light tanks much or play them well) but I've been trying keep one thought running through my head that is finally starting to pay off: how can I live longer?

I'm not really thinking about stats when I'm in a game. I'm always thinking about how to kill the next red outline I see, and that's bad if you're a baddie and agressive by nature (points at self).

This thought is starting to pay dividends.

"How can I live longer?"

It's cool (for a guy like me) because it's one sentence that helps me be aware of my biggest problems:

If I don't watch the map, I can't tell where enemy fire can come from, so I die. So I'm watching the map more.

If I don't stay in cover, I can get shot, so I die. So I'm staying in cover more.

If I don't stay with a team mate, I get surrounded and die. So I'm hanging back with teamies more.

Pretty darned effective as a self-teaching tool. I've been thinking about making a recording of me asking myself and just playing it on a loop while I play. ;)

On a side note, my 60 WN7 went yellow too and my overall are now brighter red. Woot!

On another side note, the 1 day stats are all messed up. I did have a trio of days between 25% (ooooooochiiieeee it buuuuuurns!) and 45% which killed the 7 day, but wotstatistics had me at 52% and 1k WIN7 when I closed out last night, so.... /shrug

We all have bad days from time to time. If it happens in real life, work, sports etc etc, why not in games? :) Besides bad days, match making can also troll you - here's the best example:

128724325-4.jpg

I still dont understand how can 3 top tier arty can win the game for you  :thumbdown:  . WG already stated that mm is kinda broke since 8.6 and they will fix it in 8.8. But then again, it's NOT the first time they're fixing the mm... We'll see.