Sign in to follow this  
clownshoes2

How to T28 Prototype

Ok, I made an investment. I sold my t25/2 and crammed my 4 skill hellcat crew into the T28 Proto.

I was filled in on the basics of this tank. Front towards enemey, slow, no side armour, all of that.

My first 5 or so games were decent. almost 60% win rate, almost 2k DPG. For all it's faults I could make it work. Now I'm about 17 or so games in and I'm at 47% win rate and a little over 1300 DPG.

My hit ratio is over 80%, my KPG is over 1, but the faults of this tank outweigh the pluses. That's not to say that this isn't a good tank but I'm struggling right now.

I believe my equipment is rammer, GLD and camo net.

halp plox!

Remove camonet and put on optics or binocs, if you want additional camo you have to use paint. Don't camp like beech, you basically have a heavy tank without a roof and 3 vents blowing at your loader, so play like one.

As stated above, binocs over camo net

Use that frontal armour in city maps, stay arty safe as much as possible, free xp modules... a mistake I made myself! (didn't use free xp so it hurt!)

Big maps stay safe and let others spot for you, Malinovka is awesome in that tank on normal battles, just cover the western flank like a baws and watch the dmg count go up rather rapidly

T28prot.jpg

Also, rather amusingly, I did play a couple of stronghold games in it and carried like a boss on those games!!

0.3 spots / game is really poor. Your armor use efficiency is not great either. One could estimate you are camping until the game is already over and then being flanked. Sooner or late you'll get the hang of how aggressive you're allowed to be at 18 kph. No slow tank is that complicated- it's basically about micro'ing on corners to score a bounce and then return 2+ shots.

Echo the above, roll forward and don't over angle.

City maps can be a lol, taking a wide berth of the corner you can present your frontal plate. Troll some shots and hit back.

0.3 spots / game is really poor. Your armor use efficiency is not great either. One could estimate you are camping until the game is already over and then being flanked. Sooner or late you'll get the hang of how aggressive you're allowed to be at 18 kph. No slow tank is that complicated- it's basically about micro'ing on corners to score a bounce and then return 2+ shots.

Actually I have never stopped moving in this thing. I never camp either. Kemping is for queers. The problem is I have been getting teams that have been rolled over in under 2 mins and I cannot recover in this tank. Hard to output damage when 3 meds are shooting at you from behind.

I rarely if ever burned in this tank so I put gas on it for a little more omph.  Platoon with two competent players (just at your level) and watch the wins roll in.  Your armor is good and the gun is scary enough to push a flank and clean it up real quick.  You just need platoon mates that can actually hit what they shoot and that will capitalize on your aggression.  Get the big gun ASAP because whatever damage you do on your flank will be all you are gonna get.

ive grinded out 100k on this tank and i can honestly say its a fucking shitter.

you basically in any game play frontline (even in tier ten) otherwise rip any kind of dpg, also rip your armour unless your fighting yellows/ reds

the gun is actually shit, people will disagree with me but hear me out

-low effective dpm, 390 alpha is way to low for a slow pusher that should be relying on a boomstick, slow tanks and low alpha guns do not mix well

- cant effectively use the dpm (which is already shit for a tier 8 TD) unless tanks are willing to sit in front of you and let you throw shells at them you have to work incredibly hard for dmg

-accuracy also feels very mediocre in this tank, should be a lot more accurate for the kinds of shots it has to take

basically all the proto is is a worse Ferdinand, at least the Ferdinand gets a solid alpha gun to trade for its terribleness

I almost refuse to play this tank. The tank previous...T25/2 (I fucking HATED that thing) is statistically my best tank I think. Now, I can't buy a win.

Yes I platoon with competent players but even then, this slow bucket of fucking shit molasses is too slow to keep up.

Yes Westy, the gun is shit. It's russian trolly to boot.

I need a x5 weekend to store up xp to move past this tampon of a tank.

Personally I think it's alright, it just got a minor buff to the gun performance recently-reload speed, aim time, and accuracy. When topish tier you can play it like a heavy that's traded HPs and side armor for murderous firepower. Lowish tier it's a more traditional TD that has a bit less of a gun in exchange for the advantages of a turret. I wouldn't be eager to solo it though, I did for the grind but the lack of mobility means stupid losses from retard caps are entirely possible if all you have is pubs on your side. It makes a good brick element to add to a platoon.

the only good thing i could say about it is that it's better than the T28 just for having a turret, and unlike the T25/2 it doesn't sacrifice any firepower to it's non-turreted sibling.

keep the T28 Prototype rolling forward, staying as close as one can in the fight, but short of going close quarters. while it can do better than the T28 in a knife fight, once some medium or light tank gets past your limited gun arc and detracks you, game over. but thats nothing new with TDs

works well in conjunction with a platoon, as Jesse mentioned it can be a good "brick"

turret needs slight waggling to reduce the risk of hits on turret cheek weakspots that some veteran tankers may know about. get this grind over with and move on to the T30.

On 23.09.2015, 03:47:09, ThomChen114 said:

the only good thing i could say about it is that it's better than the T28 just for having a turret, and unlike the T25/2 it doesn't sacrifice any firepower to it's non-turreted sibling.

keep the T28 Prototype rolling forward, staying as close as one can in the fight, but short of going close quarters. while it can do better than the T28 in a knife fight, once some medium or light tank gets past your limited gun arc and detracks you, game over. but thats nothing new with TDs

works well in conjunction with a platoon, as Jesse mentioned it can be a good "brick"

turret needs slight waggling to reduce the risk of hits on turret cheek weakspots that some veteran tankers may know about. get this grind over with and move on to the T30.

The problem is that even parts outside of turret cheeks are pennable for many tanks acording to tanks gg

Also t34's just pen your hull, others will do 30% of the time. Not to mention even a slight angle and they pen your sides.

It's one of the few tanks that I know at the start of the battle how good I will do based on the skill level of players I will meet. 52%ers and lower - 90% i will stomp them. 53%+ I will do 900dmg and die.

EDIT: Fuck this tank. Jesus. Too slow to do anything. Unless enemies come to you you do 800 dmg and win or 3000 on a loss. WTF. Kill this shit.

How much goldspam do you get in this thing in randoms? I tried it on the test server, where everyone and their mother will 22 and laugh at your armor. Since tier 9 and tier 10 will completely ignore your armor anyways, is it possible to at least bully tier 7-8?

I found the armor pretty useful on the live server, people don't shoot as much gold at it as they really should. One of the small advantages of being a vilified tank, no one takes it as seriously like they would an IS-3 or something. But yes, very tier oriented armor, can't tank 9+ for crap but can potentially roll over lower tiers. With hull down and some luck you get bounces against bigger guns but anything 225+ pen is getting risky and typical 260+ stuff pens easily.

10 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I found the armor pretty useful on the live server, people don't shoot as much gold at it as they really should. One of the small advantages of being a vilified tank, no one takes it as seriously like they would an IS-3 or something. But yes, very tier oriented armor, can't tank 9+ for crap but can potentially roll over lower tiers. With hull down and some luck you get bounces against bigger guns but anything 225+ pen is getting risky and typical 260+ stuff pens easily.

Vehicle looks real sexy in HD though, so I'm not sure whether to start RU meds or this line now :D

Yeah,  would like opinions on where the tank now stands as well : I've just 3 moed the t25/2 and was wondering whether I should move the crew on this or on the t25 as soon as my ex-wolverine crew which I've only recently moved on the Jackson unlocks it...