ThomChen114

could i have done better?

http://wotreplays.com/site/2110937#siegfried_line-thomchen114-panther

This was the latest game that i played before i take a break to go on a trip

This was a game on Siegfried Line in my Panther tier 7 MT. a standard battle spawning from the north, the initial team deployment was...lackluster. we did not have as much in terms of heavier armored tanks as top tier aside from the Tiger I, and so not many, myself included, wanted to venture to town. and the enemy used their advantage after the T-34-1 yolo'd the middle by pushing in with most of their heavier armored tanks through the center. i initially spot the VK3001D platoon making a push down the east road, and so i moved in to intercept along with some light tanks in support. but after seeing the rest of the team capitulate at the center and field, i was resigned to doing as much damage as i could with side shots on the enemy tanks as they pushed through the town, managing to take down some of them, but we were down to only a few tanks and there was no way we could take them on. luckily what was left of my team had functioning brains and were fast enough, and did the smart move of going down the east road and heading for the enemy flag. i saw this and made my way south and decided to take a rearguard action against any returning defenders. it was fortunate that i did since that allowed me to stop the StuG3 from returning and held the rest of the enemy long enough for us to capture the flag and win.

Right from the start: Enemy team's 7s are a Tiger and some casemate TDs that are not great at fighting around corners. No scary lower tiers. Lots of arty.

14' You are setting up to get 1 shot off before being forced to hide. Go somewhere more useful. Try working center on the 0 or 5 line. Or the E/F8 courtyard area. Even Field is viable as a top tier Panther because of tomato low tiers + better overall vision. Anywhere you will be able to put in more than 1 shot around a corner will be better than this.

13' You're still kind of just driving around and also seem to trust your pubbies to keep clear the firing lanes you keep blindly crossing. Go kill the VK3001d when he YOLOs your Crusader. It is a gift from serB. Kill him now, ignore the Tiger. If that enemy platoon wasn't trash it could have been game over at this point.

12' Free side shots are good. Track casemate TDs where possible, especially with that Panther reload.

11' Clicked for all of the health. It was time to leave once your last pubbie teammate was killed over on the 7 line. Watching at x2 I didn't even realize you were spotted, maybe you don't have sixth or it was just snipe city for so long you forgot you were lit. 

10' SPOT AND KILL THE SU12244 NOW. Everyone who watches this is screaming inside. KV1S and Tiger cannot chase you, nor can you let 3 enemies live within 50m of your cap. Haven't seen how it ends yet but I am guessing this is the moment of throwage.

9' Oh you won. 

You basically did nothing for the first 4 minutes. Figure out something you want to do. Be creative or steal someone's ideas from a replay. Don't drive around in the back doing nothing as a top tier. Also I can't believe they didn't cap you out and also they apparently missed every resetting clicker shot.

Right from the start: Enemy team's 7s are a Tiger and some casemate TDs that are not great at fighting around corners. No scary lower tiers. Lots of arty.

14' You are setting up to get 1 shot off before being forced to hide. Go somewhere more useful. Try working center on the 0 or 5 line. Or the E/F8 courtyard area. Even Field is viable as a top tier Panther because of tomato low tiers + better overall vision. Anywhere you will be able to put in more than 1 shot around a corner will be better than this. i don't like going close quarters in the Panther, especially not knowing how the enemy are deploying. i also wasn't keen to go to field in the panther (though i probably should have)

13' You're still kind of just driving around and also seem to trust your pubbies to keep clear the firing lanes you keep blindly crossing. Go kill the VK3001d when he YOLOs your Crusader. It is a gift from serB. Kill him now, ignore the Tiger. If that enemy platoon wasn't trash it could have been game over at this point. i had decided to go for the VK3001D platoon since i knew i could kill them easy. at that point i wasn't really considering firing lanes, and was just manoeuvring against the VKs. also at that point i saw the enemy casemate TDs making a push at the center of town and didn't fancy directly engaging them 

12' Free side shots are good. Track casemate TDs where possible, especially with that Panther reload. indeed, this was were i was racking up the damage and picking of the enemy tanks that were damaged and catching their breath after breaking thru the town

11' Clicked for all of the health. It was time to leave once your last pubbie teammate was killed over on the 7 line. Watching at x2 I didn't even realize you were spotted, maybe you don't have sixth or it was just snipe city for so long you forgot you were lit.  my German MT crew is fairly new, still working on getting the first skill/perks. 

10' SPOT AND KILL THE SU12244 NOW. Everyone who watches this is screaming inside. KV1S and Tiger cannot chase you, nor can you let 3 enemies live within 50m of your cap. Haven't seen how it ends yet but I am guessing this is the moment of throwage. the Stug3 was the first to get back and was low enough health to kill faster (if the shots landed better), while the SU was a ways off and i didn't have much of a shot at him due to the uneven terrain he was at

9' Oh you won. 

You basically did nothing for the first 4 minutes. Figure out something you want to do. Be creative or steal someone's ideas from a replay. Don't drive around in the back doing nothing as a top tier. Also I can't believe they didn't cap you out and also they apparently missed every resetting clicker shot. i was sort of unsure where was the best position i could be at or what to do, since we didn't really have the strength to push into town.

at one point i believe they did reset the cap with splash hit or whatever since the capture bar went down slightly. but none of the allies in the cap were killed and they were able to gain back those capture points quickly. also, i guess they got greedy and wanted to hunt us down (most of their slower tanks were within sight of our flag), and they didn't, and we won.

You like the Panther? I find it very limited.

it is limited, and even as top tier it is still unsuitable at head on fights due to the prevalence of derp guns and Russian 122s at those tiers.