Intumesce

Centurion/T95 - New Tier 8 British Premium Medium Tank

Yeah but this particular tank has terrible angle on UFP. Most of arty shells will hit at almost right angle.

Not as bad as you'd think, most of the tier 8 arty max elevations are around 50 degrees, so the effective angle on the UFP against most arty rounds will still be at least 30 degrees (because unless WG is playing some really weird games with arty rounds impact angle should ~ equal gun elevation).

Not as bad as you'd think, most of the tier 8 arty max elevations are around 50 degrees, so the effective angle on the UFP against most arty rounds will still be at least 30 degrees (because unless WG is playing some really weird games with arty rounds impact angle should ~ equal gun elevation).

Arty shells have artificially increased gravity.

It's strange that they don't have this as a potential crossover to the Conqueror from the Centurion a la Tiger P.

I would love that, but who would ever play the tier 5-7 Churchills or Caern again? That's a big free XP sink that I can't imagine that they'd remove. 

Most of the time at (assuming you are a similar altitude to the artillery) the shell will come in at no more than 45 degree angle. The game does not include mechanics to elevate your gun beyond 45 degrees to hit things closer with a higher arc (though the british guns seem to have this ability somtimes). The extra gun elevation is basically still limited to effective 45 degrees but if you are on a bit of a downslope you can still elevate your gun for maximum range. If the target is higher in altitude than the artillery, at maximum range the elevation angle may exceed 45 degrees but the impact angle should not.

Arty shells have artificially increased gravity.

This is true. However, it doesn't actually mean shells should come in at more than 45 degrees maximum assuming similar elevation assuming wargaming uses parabolic trajectories. 

R=v^2*sin(2*theta)/g or theta=arcsin(R*g/v^2)/2

g, though larger than standard values should still be able to be considered a constant. The velocity of the gun should also be able to be considered constant for each different gun. Regardless of velocity or gravity, the maximum range for a shell assuming equal altitudes is 45 degrees assuming they do not account for shell deceleration from drag; though in that case, the maximum range would probably be at an elevation lower than 45 degrees.

This tank seems nice, and also no shitty 20pdr (240 dmg instead of 230), i wonder what WG will now do with this and the Fv42....

The FV is probably still coming. I think this is slated to be some sort of special event or CWreward tank.

Since when is 202mm pen for a T8 med shit?

Since when is not even having 240 APCR good pen? This gun will be fine in tier 8s, even the Mod 1 is fine in tier 8s. This thing will suck monstrous amounts of cock in tier 10s.

I would love that, but who would ever play the tier 5-7 Churchills or Caern again? That's a big free XP sink that I can't imagine that they'd remove. 

They could make it like a KV13 situation where you go cent 1 to this thing to the caer. Combine that with expensive modules (since no other british tank has a 90 etc) and you can still get almost the same free xp sink regardless which way you go to the Conq. It takes about 330k free xp to go from Church1 to Conq. The 110 xp needed to go from Caer to Conq will still be there. Maybe it takes 100k to go from the t95 to the Caer and 75k to go from Cent to the T95. Add in a gun research for 50k and boom 335k and and the free xp sink is still there especially if you give it a 17pdr stock.

On 8/29/2015 at 9:05 AM, KenadianCSJ said:

Since when is not even having 240 APCR good pen? This gun will be fine in tier 8s, even the Mod 1 is fine in tier 8s. This thing will suck monstrous amounts of cock in tier 10s.

The gun is no different than the Panther 88's gun in terms of penetration and It does just fine in tier10.

The gun is literally no different than the Panther 88's gun in terms of penetration and It does just fine in tier10.

I quite hated using that gun in anything above tier 8 matches.

Oooh, it looks really pretty. Interesting gun choice as well, although the 20-pounder would probably be a more logical choice. If the gun handling isn't too bad, you could probably negate the weakness of the commander's hatch a little bit using the gun depression, although that big soft weakspot is a bit of a downer.

202 standard pen is pretty fine for a tier-8 medium, although it certainly is in the region of 'starting to struggle' in tier 10 matches. More than fair for a premium tank though. Seems decent. I'm very tempted.

The Chieftain/T95 actually looks like regular, and pretty decent, tier 8. Going by the last few premiums WG released, it can't really see this tank making it into the game without a nerf.

Oooh, it looks really pretty. Interesting gun choice as well, although the 20-pounder would probably be a more logical choice. If the gun handling isn't too bad, you could probably negate the weakness of the commander's hatch a little bit using the gun depression, although that big soft weakspot is a bit of a downer.

202 standard pen is pretty fine for a tier-8 medium, although it certainly is in the region of 'starting to struggle' in tier 10 matches. More than fair for a premium tank though. Seems decent. I'm very tempted.

The 20pdr would have made no sense at that point in time. All of NATO in Europe was firing 90mm shells, while the 20pdr was only exported to Commonwealth nations or African countries. If the war in Europe had ever happened, 20pdr equipped tanks would have probably faced severe supply problems, while that wouldn't have really been the case when using a 90mm gun.

Also, they'd have had to rework at least part of the turret for what's probably more of a what-if study than anything.

202mm of pen? Well, thats actually workable. Nice to see a T8 premium medium with over 200mm of pen for a change.

But I want my premium FV4202...Unless they plan on introducing this and the FV4202 P, however, the FV will be free to those who have it? That would be nice. 

Pretty sure they said it wouldnt be free but would come with a marathon mission.

Few minor changes, but nothing serious.  Dispersion values in bold since they weren't on yet

HP: 1350    1400
Engine: 750 hp
Mass: 50 t
Power-To-Weight: 15 hp / t
Max speed: 42 / 15 km / h
Hull turning speed: 36 °/s    40 °/s
Turret turning speed: 37,5 °/s    36 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,767 / 0,959 / 1,726
View range: 380m
Radio range: 782,1m

Hull armor: 85 / 50,8 / 25,4 mm
Turret armor: 254 / 88,9 / 50,8 mm