MrsmilieyfaceC8

Maybe this is why arty shoots you?

7NtLMmb.png

Map is prokhorovka looking at the hills from the railroad crossing, if the HD trains and Ukrainian village didn't give it away.

The blue area is where most unicums will stay in for about the 1st 5 minutes before having to chai snipe because arty hits them for 90% of their HP.

Pink lines are angles arty have, and what about 3 degrees of turning looks like to them.

red question marks are where you should expect enemy lights to pop when you're using the unicum area. 

I find it interesting that a lot of players decide to stay here for longer than a minute at a time, even when enemy has 3+ arty. Whatever you wanna do I guess though.

So, you're saying the reason I'm still a shitty blue is that I'm never in that position on Prok?

I only use that spot sometimes, mainly when I'm not blindfiring 261s with an E-100 in the middle.

usually what screwed me over when I started using that spot was getting lit and not moving out of it. I've noticed this in a lot of average purple tier players aswell, where I'd have left long ago, they decide to stay in an area they should know arty is looking at them.

I hope this was obvious to most people.

This is also the reason I go hill when I'm platooned. Arty is 90% more likely to hit my platoon mates in the middle than myself on the back of the hill.

I hope this was obvious to most people.

This is also the reason I go hill when I'm platooned. Arty is 90% more likely to hit my platoon mates in the middle than myself on the back of the hill.

you're talking about World of Tank players

I might make a future post when I actually have this game installed of how I play in the open. You don't know what obvious is, untill you've even been in the same channel as Assad going full Jihad 9/11 about arty hitting him. Which is 99% of the noise in the channel.

well, frankly, theres no where on that map thats safe from arty....

if you truly want to never get hit... A7 in AMX50b/183/E4 you can shoot medium shitters poking middle and hit them often enough to be usefull.

10/10 drawing would watch again.

But to be completly honest, most of the times middle wins the game if you play it right, even if there is arty, i would never go into the forest with a med or a fast heavium. I dont even know when i last played hill in the beginning. It just place where you will get wrecked from the side when you get spotted (rip attempt to try to win hill with 50b, never again).

The problem, at least in my limited experience, is that this is the one of (if not the most) important position on the map to have a competent player that can hit things since the hill is so vulnerable to it. I find that if I don't go there (even in a tank that isn't especially suited to it) half of the time the team is screwed because nobody is there. Of course the cost is you are very vulnerable to arty, especially if they have good lights. Risk vs Reward, and so on.

It's tons of fun when there is no arty though! 

So what you're saying is that i should go to the 1-2 line road and camp with pubbies?

Yes, but don't forget to bring marshmallows and chocolate 'cause we like making smores after our tank catch fire. ;)

Hill and 6 line are prime arty targets because that's where you are most likely to win the flank.  You push 1 line and you're fucked by the red pubbie TDs camping in the back.  You push over the middle and you're surrounded and in a cross fire.  You push the other side of the railroad tracks, and the pubbies on the hill will shoot you from height.  The most common place to win that map is the hill.  You win that and then you can begin to push over the 6 line and kill the pubbies there.  Rarely does the 1 line matter.

Shitters in arty know this.  They've lost enough times to unicums pulling that shit to realize it.  

Even if there are no unicums in a match, I can guarantee you that arty will shoot at those locations first not because there are unicums there, but because that's what's needed to win the map.  So they'll shoot the highest wn8 green instead :)

Although I do understand what you are saying.  I've started popping up in more random spots that people don't frequent often and I'm not getting shot at by arty.  It's like the 1 line on Abbey, you KNOW for a fact that there will be tanks on the south corner......

I've found the only place I've ever been safe for even a minute is the big ass hill on the north spawn and once I've been spotted, typically arty will all aim there and stare, drooling for five minutes until I'm lit again, where ever that may be, and then move and lolfullbloomsnapshotdeckshot420xXxXxFULLHEPENSONSMACKDOWNXxXx me

Great drawing, although can't help feel the train's going the wrong way.

Just a small addition but if I'm arty in the A1 corner, that's a great line of fire into the same area (need another pink arrow).

I don't find the middle problematic as long as I have a decent reverse speed. The area in the middle is large enough to pop up in unexpected locations and if I feel that arty pays too much attention, I make sure I don't get spotted while shooting the road or the hill. The hill I find more annoying because it is almost impossible to not get shot in the side if you have competent enemy snipers and a team that requires you to spot the hill yourself. And if arty decides to focus you, you mustn't get spotted at all on this map anyway, regardless of where you are.

Edit: It is true, however, that if arty finds you interesting, moving outside of their arc so as to force them into aiming again helps.

I never go there anymore. Arty is preaimed. I just pop in random middle locations that ive learnt to be advantageous and that arty never thinks about, since they are hard to notice from arty view. That goes for both sides. Its all about being unpredictable when theres arty around. Took some trial and error though, and not all of those peekspots are viable in all tanks. The terrain is quite "sensitive" so it can vary so much that even going from 140 to T62 makes the tactic change. I still fuck them up and get rekt sometimes though.

I don't find the middle problematic as long as I have a decent reverse speed. The area in the middle is large enough to pop up in unexpected locations and if I feel that arty pays too much attention, I make sure I don't get spotted while shooting the road or the hill. The hill I find more annoying because it is almost impossible to not get shot in the side if you have competent enemy snipers and a team that requires you to spot the hill yourself. And if arty decides to focus you, you mustn't get spotted at all on this map anyway, regardless of where you are.

Edit: It is true, however, that if arty finds you interesting, moving outside of their arc so as to force them into aiming again helps.

I usualy drive side way's/backwards if I know my tank has terrible reverse (like an E4/5)

VK72 backwards works also

I usualy drive side way's/backwards if I know my tank has terrible reverse (like an E4/5)

VK72 backwards works also

Im quite hesitant because <<american engine decks>> 

I shoot HE from pew pew guns for full dmg in them, i dont fancy eating a 203mm shell there.

I shoot HE from pew pew guns for full dmg in them, i dont fancy eating a 203mm shell there.

If you don't poke the same area for longer than a few shells and re-appear over 100meters away you'll be fine with this strategy.

Only time I take extra caution is with bat58's. I just remember they have ~72 second reload, and I'll try to disapear.

yeah but when RNG decides you're going to eat your 203mm shell there and like it, then it doesn't matter which way you're facing.  luck will find a way

I don't find the middle problematic as long as I have a decent reverse speed. The area in the middle is large enough to pop up in unexpected locations and if I feel that arty pays too much attention, I make sure I don't get spotted while shooting the road or the hill. The hill I find more annoying because it is almost impossible to not get shot in the side if you have competent enemy snipers and a team that requires you to spot the hill yourself.

The way to mitigate this is to go there if your tank has good gun depression and/or turret armour, get off a shot after you've spotted and quickly reverse (hugging the red line) such that the bumps in the terrain cover as much of the side profile of your tank as possible. Of course, this strategy is still risky if there's no synergy from the middle (pubbies on 6 line not putting pressure). 

Then again, Prok is cancerous in anything less than a 3-man platoon since cooperation and proper team dispersion is extremely vital to push in this map. 

I've found that strategy of running middle ridge while moving constantly at 40+ kph in meds gets me hit plenty of times once I'm spotted, including one time where I was shot within about 5 seconds by some ass at the start of the game despite running at full speed. tl;dr arty is cool and necessary and prevents camping :serb: :serb: :serb:   :rngfu: 

Also I have no idea why you would camp in that area for any length of time if you're spotted. The hill campers are going to be a bigger threat to your immediate health than arty, and if they can't shoot you, you can't shoot anything and idk what you're doing there.