uMadXD

Jagdpanzer E-100 - Feels OP

Thanks to the On-Track event for the old German line, I managed to picked up the Jageru. At first, after hearing so many mixed and even negative opinions(http://wotlabs.net/articles/jagdpanzer-e-100/) about it, I hesitated to buy it. I'm glad I got it, because it's now one of my go-to tanks.

Firepower - 9.5/10

One of the main selling points of the Jageru is its gun. Sporting a 170mm cannon, it can 2 or 3-shot every T10 in the game with its 1k alpha. It can 1-shot lights and most T8 TDs. It can 2 an IS-7. It can 3 shot a Maus. That alpha is just insane.

Its 299mm of penetration is enough to go through any tank's weakspot. The 420mm of HEAT penetration is just excessive and punches through just about anything.

It's surprisingly accurate with .35m dispersion, making it one of the more accurate T10 TDs when fully aimed.

The only downside is the painfully long reload/RoF and poor aim time. You'll want to spend some time aiming because you don't want to miss a shot that takes over 20s to load.

Armor - 8.5/10

The Jageru is well-armored all around. The upper front plate is 200mm thick, sloped 62 degrees, reaching over 300mm effective armor easily. The superstructure is a bit weaker at 250mm thick, sloped at 30 degrees, reaching only around 280-290mm EA, which is not enough to reliably bounce T10 TDs and prem rounds.(but can bounce a lot when angled) The lower glacis is only 150mm thick sloped at 50 degrees but can still bounce when angled properly. The small cupola on top is very weak with ~170mm EA.
     The side of the hull reaches 250mm+ EA with a few areas only 180 EA, unangled. When angled around 50 degrees, it can reliably bounce most shells. The side of the superstructure is much weaker with only ~160mm EA unangled. It will still bounce reliably, though, when angled ~60 degs.

The rear armor is nothing special, but is good for trolling light tanks and T8 meds that try to flank you.

Mobility - 3/10

Of course, no tank can excel in all 3 categories. The Jageru's mobility is awful. The 20 deg/s traverse allows most tanks to easily flank you. The top speed of 30km/h is pretty bad as well. But due to good terrain resistance values, it can reach its top speed or close to top speed pretty often on flat ground.

ETC

-decent gun arc

-workable gun depression

-decent view range

-awful camo

-large

-arty magnet

-frontal transmission, pen'ed on lower glacis = engine dmg

Playstyle

You'll want to be in the frontlines brawling with/against heavies with your incredible armor and 1k alpha gun. Only in Prokhorovka/Malinovka should you even consider sniping because those maps provide almost no cover from artillery.

I see many Jagerus camping and it just doesn't make sense to me. Why would they not want to use the armor they got? Why would they risk sniping with a derpy gun that takes 20s+ to reload? There are very few maps that will allow you to snipe out of the enemy's view range. And because of the awful camo, you will get spotted even when behind a bush if you're in range of an enemy's view range.

All in all, the Jageru is a very underrated yet amazing tank. I don't know why many people dislike it and even consider the Jagdtig to be superior, which I really hated.

Time to break this down :doge: 

This tank is not OP in any way. The fact that you're spotted before you spot anything else is already enough of a nuisance. Coupled with the fact that arty shits on you it's just a very idiotic tank.
Great, you can ruin someone's HP with a 1k shot. But other than that, nothing else.
If you're relying on your armor to save you...something is going wrong. Your superstructure can be penned by meds with gold.
-LP is ridiculously easy to hit (sometimes you miss/bounce) And other than that, yeah...you have some armor, but good luck making that armor work from anything that isn't long distance. Or against a terrible, terrible player. Even pubbies know > lower plate=win. That's why the fail against the Spershing and VK b so much.

I cant disagree about the gun, but 8.5/10 on the armor? It's a E-100 with much worse angling capability & a cupola, and the E-100 isn't exactly a Maus or E3. HEATspam is really harsh towards this things' armour, and you can almost never be "proof" because the cupola is very hard to hide without being above your opponent. I'd put the armor at a 7, maybe 7.5 simply because of the UFP and the crazy E-100-esque side armor.

It's not a bad TD, especially after all its kin have been nerfed continuously while it remained largely the same, but that's as many kudos as I'll give the JPE. It's garbage compared to most heavies and meds, TDs are just bad.

That does not prove the armor is "8.5/10", it just proves you personally block a lot of damage. It's not even necessarily a good thing, you're probably getting shelled at range more often than you should, giving you higher damage blocked values.

How well is that doing for your WR in it though?  Might have "decent" armor, doesn't make it OP when you cannot win in it above your overall winrate. 

I don't know why it's so low... I almost never camp in it. I actively brawl/do early dmg and take/block dmg for teammates. Could just be a small sample size. Same case with my 263. Barely 50% WR after hundreds of battles, and finally dragged it up to 55% after 1k battles and still going up. And I play mostly solo sooo :'(

That does not prove the armor is "8.5/10", it just proves you personally block a lot of damage. It's not even necessarily a good thing, you're probably getting shelled at range more often than you should, giving you higher damage blocked values.

wDmhRSb.thumb.png.d55664e9961157a663e122

Why are we even arguing >.> I personally feel it's a good tank.

Stop bullying. :brokenheart:

JPE might be better on the EU server which is rumored to have less god spam. intentional

The thing needs a lot of support to be effective. If you minimize the amount of shot coming at you by moving to cover immediately after firing and let your allies stop fast tanks from rushing you, you can get pretty good games. From the few games I played on the live server, JPE has very polar games: 6k damage games followed by 2k damage ones. This thing suffers and benefits from WG's switch to a 2 corridor map meta. If you pick the wrong flank, you are ineffective and will just be a burden while the rest of your team is picked off on the other side. Meanwhile, you benefit by being a 1k alpha tank in a corridor. However, until WG completely removes maps like Prok and Malinovka, this tank won't be OP.

I would rate this thing as follows

Gun: 8

Armor: 6 (NA), 7 (EU), 4 (Test Server)

Mobility: 1.5

I would love to get this tank simply because it has 420 heat pen. Why not just round it to 500 and call it even? :QBSeal:

I played it for a bit and my experience is that it is nice if you have toonies looking to support in light tanks or whatnot but as a solo tank it is utter garbage, especially if you are someone who gets tag/xvm sniped

So many ppl which don't think that the JPE Is OP.

It is by far one of the most fun tanks and in the right hands OP as fuck.

Dont tell me otherwise. :kjugh:

Jagd E-100 isn't OP :QBSeal: Even in right hands.

Also this TD has one more disadvantage - rear mounted superstructure so it's easy to spam 150+ HE shells to splash its hull roof. That's the best way to kill Jageru with T49.

Jagd E-100 isn't OP :QBSeal: Even in right hands.

Also this TD has one more disadvantage - rear mounted superstructure so it's easy to spam 150+ HE shells to splash its hull roof. That's the best way to kill Jageru with T49.

I will fuckin three mark it and show to you how OP it is :kjugh:

JPE isn't OP, but it's one of those things that FEELS OP simply because it has a much higher rate of stupidly good games (while the other 90% shit games are forgotten).

I remember that it took me ONE try to do TD15 in my JPE, I don't remember the other 9 or so games before that that I died before doing anything useful.

its a terrible pos, only reason it looks ``good`` is because all other TDs got nerfed so hard, but its sill like the worst t10 td, only Fv 4005 is clearly worse...

The gun is derpy as hell, it aims slow, it blooms terrible and the acc is nothing special (0.35 is far from good....)

The armor is worthless, any high tier gold shell pens the casemate, the LFP is massive and weak, your engine deck is arty landing zone and the sides of the casemate are easy pen for HEAT, even under stupid angles

The mobility is an even bigger joke, its slow, its turn slow, it climbs slow, everything about it is slow....

I would never sell my KV4 and i like the Lowe, but this Jp-E100 is simply too slow and soft.... (so me, a player who likes slow brick tanks, hates the JP-E100, thats all you more or less need to know...)

Hm. Just got this tank. I like it. Not sure how to play it right every time though, sometimes I will get 4k damage games (which is good for me), and sometimes I will get barely any damage.

I don't know why, but the Jagdpanzer E 100 doesn't feel slow to me. I can get to places fairly easily, and I feel like I know where I am going in every map (except Serene Coast). The armour works for me, even at close range. Sometimes I have a brainfart and go the complete wrong direction, but most times I will do fine.

It's my first tier X, so I will probably have some attachment to it, no matter what anyone says about it, and I accept that it's less than ideal for a tank, but I need to know better strategies for this tank.

Measured 1-10 in Play4fun JPE ranks OPOPOPOPOP, Load gold and laugh maniacally when it pens something it shouldn't, someone who isn't expecting and E3 who thinks he's goldproof.

It's not really good for solo carrying, but if you have platoonmates (mainly to remove 2 retards from your team, tanking/spotting/covering for you is completely optional) this can wreck serious face.

Hm. Just got this tank. I like it. Not sure how to play it right every time though, sometimes I will get 4k damage games (which is good for me), and sometimes I will get barely any damage.

I don't know why, but the Jagdpanzer E 100 doesn't feel slow to me. I can get to places fairly easily, and I feel like I know where I am going in every map (except Serene Coast). The armour works for me, even at close range. Sometimes I have a brainfart and go the complete wrong direction, but most times I will do fine.

It's my first tier X, so I will probably have some attachment to it, no matter what anyone says about it, and I accept that it's less than ideal for a tank, but I need to know better strategies for this tank.

I like to go east on Serene Coast to brawl with the heavies

Bought the JGP 100 last night, had 9 games so far.  All but two I managed a decent damage output (for me) and then got arty bummed before even getting a shot off for the others. I would say it's only OP when facing noobs and pubbies but come up against anyone who knows what they're doing or isn't afraid to spam the gold and you can easily come unstuck.  I don't really find it that slow, not after driving the E100 but it's definitely no Obj263.

I just went full retard and rebought it because of missions after I sold it some time ago(for reasons that should be obvious), and all my regrets.

Yes, you have good penetration and alpha, and yes it works great in rare situations, but jesus fucking christ its so team dependent.

• Enemy team has platoon of meds or heavies? Your team is dead and you can't kill them quick enough. Dead.
  • Enemy team has artillery? Full blown out autistical focus. Dead.
  • Your team has a platoon of meds or heavies? Your team cleans up faster than you can progress, so no damage. Shit.
  • Mix it up with some blue/purple colors and you'll have the autism patrol checking your privilege every time you're poking. Dead.

Solo play is mental suicide.

I'd rather trade it for an Object 263, which is what I'm gonna grind after I've completed TD-15 and sold this boring piece of shit.

Edited by Orrie

I just went full retard and rebought it because of missions after I sold it (for reasons that should be obvious), and all my regrets.

Yes, you have good penetration and alpha, and yes it works great in rare situations, but jesus fucking christ its so team dependent.

• Enemy team has platoon of meds or heavies? Your team is dead and you can't kill them quick enough. Dead.
  • Enemy team has artillery? Full blown out autistical focus. Dead.
  • Your team has a platoon of meds or heavies? Your team cleans up faster than you can progress, so no damage. Shit.
  • Mix it up with some blue/purple colors and you'll have the autism patrol checking your privilege every time you're poking. Dead.

Solo play is mental suicide.

I'd rather trade it for an Object 263, which is what I'm gonna grind after I've completed TD-15 and sold this boring piece of shit.

Sums it up nicely ^^