BigDaddyTankster

Going to try dumping XVM for a while...

I find myself constantly obsessing over stats and feel that it's affecting my gameplay and enjoyment.  Has anyone else run into this?  So worried about increasing wn8 that win percentage and other game attributes are affected?

Going to try going cold turkey for a bit to see how things go...I'd like to see what others have done and if you've run into the same thing or if I just need to try and ignore it!  :)

I find myself constantly obsessing over damage and it's affecting my gameplay and enjoyment.  Has anyone else run into this?  So worried about increasing wn8 that win percentage and others are affected?

Going to try going cold turkey for a bit to see how things go...I'd like to see what others have done and if you've run into the same thing or if I just need to try and ignore it!  :)

Had exactly the same thing and played too long in this kind of mindset. Eventually I burned out and didn't touch the game for a couple of months. Since I started again I play vanilla (no mods and no XVM) and only play because I enjoy playing fun tanks and hanging out with friends.

This game is way more fun without xvm stats. I don't get mad at potato teammates because I can't see their stats. If there is a base camping heavy, I like to picture him arguing with his wife or something which is impacting his performance rather than thinking "wow what a shitter." Turn it off and tank it easy. If you don't want stats but want the other functions of the XVM mod you can deactivate the stats function on their webpage I believe.

Thanks all...I've played about 20 games since I posted this and it is amazingly refreshing.  No clue if I'm going against a good or bad player (although it isn't tough to tell based on play style) and to be honest, I like it as I don't go in over cocky or defeated either way.  I don't see the xvm "odds of winning" nor do I feel shitty because I'm playing against 5 uni's and I'm our teams "best" player.  

I don't worry about stats, damage or anything else.  Gonna run a test over the next week to see what it does to my wn8 and win percentage as I won't check it again until then.  Thanks for the feedback everyone!

P.S. Go Huskers Horner!!!

Does it make a big difference if you know the good clans?  Obviously you don't see the bad players nor clanless good players.

Don't play with win % chance active but can still see benefit of knowing players that are good on the reds and who's trustworthy/meatshield on yours.

Given the sheer amount of roflstomps recently, I'm not sure what benefit to stress levels it'll have.

but we all ned xvm to kill those blue and purple warpack cheater who ruin the game!!!!

I've never had the balls to remove XVM since I can't imagine not being able to tell whether I'm fighting a double digit wn8 window licker or a 65% WR purple.

but we all ned xvm to kill those blue and purple warpack cheater who ruin the game!!!!

I've never had the balls to remove XVM since I can't imagine not being able to tell whether I'm fighting a double digit wn8 window licker or a 65% WR purple.

You can tell without XVM. The window licker will be an easy kill whereas you usually won't even see the uni

xvm is the single worst mod for your own performance in the game 

also fuck the fucking pubbies and their xvm sniping :fat:

The worst kind of players would be those with xvm installed and tell themselves they can't win at the start of a battle,and then refuse to go to certain spots thinking they'd be rekt by enemy purple thus losing the game in the end just because they were hiding when needed.

Saw this yellow-ish player giving away his flank to enemy team upon seeing some blue-ish player coming to him,half of the team died cuz of that.
he didn't even bother trying just run away and was not aware of what he's done.

I guess some are just doing it wrong.

edit:that was on the stream and i don't use xvm anymore.

I stopped using xvm stats for simmilar reasons, and I haven't regretted it at all. I kept Aslains, since I like the garage and minimap mods, just stopped activating the stats. Not sure how much, if at all, it has affected my gameplay. I feel better though. And I pay more attention to what players are actually doing in-game vs what their stats are.

I still have xvm but I consider removing it, I started to stop caring with who/against who I play, so I stopped looking what color players are, turned off nicks and left only tank names/tiers.

All I've done with xvm lately is checking overall stats in pregame.

Decided, I'm removing xvm today, leaving only map extension. I'm sure I'll be a happier now.

Don't forget when you remove XMV that you automatically become the greatest threat. I was accused of trying to hide my stats(not that i wouldnt mind doing so). 

I still use XVM but I rarely use the stats functionality of it. It's a very powerful framework tool for other mods which are actually/can be useful. That's why I have two versions of my XVM config... one with and one without the stats functionality. Having a valid token does allow you to do other fun stuff that makes me laugh sometimes for the trolls - spoofing data etc.

Other option is to block the communication with the XVM stats server (which I used to do a modded file for but lack of downloads doesn't make it worth my while doing it for future versions) :(

Actually I am running no mods at all and doing well. I simply became too lazy to update them. It took me a couple of days to get used to it (while getting rid of some bad habbits I had developed because of the mods).

I never looked back and can't say my game got any worse. On the contrary afterwards I finally broke the (recent) unicum barrier.

I always install XVM because of all the useful features it has.  Base cap counter, minimap mod, etc.  Plus considering I have close to 150 tanks in my garage I can't live without the XVM garage carousel.

All that being said I haven't activated XVM stats for a few patches now.  I just assume at the start of the match that everyone on my team is awful unless I personally know someone, and I assume everyone on the enemy team is great.  

XVM is a wonderful mod framework.  XVM stats is not information worth knowing during a battle.  XVM chance to win is an abomination.

I always install XVM because of all the useful features it has.  Base cap counter, minimap mod, etc.  Plus considering I have close to 150 tanks in my garage I can't live without the XVM garage carousel.

All that being said I haven't activated XVM stats for a few patches now.  I just assume at the start of the match that everyone on my team is awful unless I personally know someone, and I assume everyone on the enemy team is great.  

XVM is a wonderful mod framework.  XVM stats is not information worth knowing during a battle.  XVM chance to win is an abomination.

Dlur gets it.

Pretty much what Dlur said as well.

Based on a lot of comments on wotlabs I ditched (and disabled) xvm stats a few patches ago.  Although it removes a layer of information, I don't feel hampered by it.  Never surprised that the HT premium hiding in the corner or the guy map pinging Lakeville valley is terrible.  I find that recognizing most wotlabs posters and the top clans gives me enough info of who to beware of.  Still run the mini map mods and some garage management mods for usability, (and autoaim+ but I'm trying to reduce use and wean myself off that one).