Deus__Ex__Machina

O-Ho Appreciation Thread

Well Update 9.10 is here! and with it the infamous Japanese Gojira Tanks.

I want to start off with the fact that i am using the 105mm and not the Derp (i May try it to see how it performs) . Equipment: Gun-Rammer/Vents/SuperHeavy Spall Liner <You Will Need this one.

with these tanks being released on the live server there armor is much much more reliable and can now show their true potential, lower tiers will curse you and run in fear and tanks such as the IS-6 are a laughing stock to this mighty Beast. A lot of people complained that this tank would be terrible due to the absence of a gold round on the 105mm meaning that the O-Ho would be forced to use a shitty 150mm howitzer, but that's not the case..now i do still hope that WG will give it a Gold AP round with at least 230mm pen or something like that for the tougher tier 10's, but the 215 pen isn't the end of the world. Something people don't take into account is that this tank is really Tall, therefore you will be shooting down on most tanks you are fighting (Wonder if WG Knew this), this means you can easily pen the upper plate and Roof of tanks such as IS-6's IS-3's Tiger 2's T-54 ect. as well as many others.You can also over match the roof's of tanks such as E-75's and VK.45.02.B's which is so troll. 

My interpretation of the Tank.

Pros

• Great Armor
  • Good Gun (Decent ROF and Penetration)
  • Tank Boob's are Stronk (People Don't Know Where to Shoot)
  • High HP Pool 
  • Spaced Side Armor (fck u HEAT)

Cons 

• Slow Speed
  • Only 5 Degrees of Gun depression Frontally (Makes it Hard to fight Short Tanks up Close Frontally)
  • High Chance of Fire (20%)
  • Arty Magnet 
  • "Hull Cheeks" Make Side Scraping Difficult
  • Currently No Gold Round on the 105mm (You can make credits because of this though)

Overall i Love the Tank and i think it can really do well in the right hands.

Some Replays I've Accumulated. (Disregard the Name Bug, Its from my Mod's)

Overlord: 

http://wotreplays.com/site/2124694#stats

Mines: ( first shot ammo-racked a Type 59 lol!)

http://wotreplays.com/site/2124699#stats

HimmelsDorf: Tier 10 Match 

http://wotreplays.com/site/2124704#teams

^^^Here is where that Spaced Side armor really Shines, i run into a Platoon of T-54's Spamming HEAT and Several of them Are Absorbed by my Spaced Armor.

I Haven't Gotten Mastery Quite Yet but ill post it when i do, Until then Here is my Stats so Far. (all Solo )

Loved it on test, Will be even better on live \o/

Was so fun with the fast reload 150 derp hitting perfectly angled mice turret and E3 tracks for 300+

i agree that it was good on the test, and yes is amazing on the live server, still haven't tested the Derp yet but i think ill try it now for some lolz

...Am currently wondering why, given you like this tank, your first impressions do not include "Ohohohohohoho..."

...Oh wait, you aren't into absolute lameness and cheesiness the way I am, are you?

i prefer the name Pimp Daddy Ho 

I feel sad.

I figured that my VK B wouldn't be made redundany by this tank line.

Then I find out that these tanks can just shoot through the top of my turret.

I don't tend to fight face to face with the VK B (maybe I should?), but I feel a bit disheartened now. Not to mention my recent games in the past week have all been terrible.

Oh well, haven't seen any yet, hope these tanks don't make playing the VK B hell.

...Am currently wondering why, given you like this tank, your first impressions do not include "Ohohohohohoho..."

...Oh wait, you aren't into absolute lameness and cheesiness the way I am, are you?

I prefer thinking of it was the Yo-Ho..

With the Japanese commander swigging back his rhum and shouting yawwww instead of yarrr as he goes into battle..

The vast majority of the E-75 and VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B's turret roofs are 60mm thick and are thus immune to triple overmatch unless hit by a 183. The 40mm thick part of their roofs are sloped downwards at the back for the most part. I wouldnt trust hitting something that small with accuracy that meh.

Since when can 105mm guns overmatch 40mm of minumum nominal armorthickness?

Also this.

The vast majority of the E-75 and VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B's turret roofs are 60mm thick and are thus immune to triple overmatch unless hit by a 183. The 40mm thick part of their roofs are sloped downwards at the back for the most part. I wouldnt trust hitting something that small with accuracy that meh.

Also this.

Russian/Chinese 122s OM VKB's roofs regularly. I think you underestimate the prevalence of the 40mm section. 

On 9/3/2015, 10:35:40, Itchi said:

Russian/Chinese 122s OM VKB's roofs regularly. I think you underestimate the prevalence of the 40mm section. 

yes its the 40mm section that is over matched, i would have to get into a training room to test it better honestly. 

BTW i Got my Mastery!

http://wotreplays.com/site/2126027#stats

Unless you are aiming down on the turret (i.e you are above the tank) you cannot hit the 40mm zone at all since the VKB is bigger than than all of those tanks using the 122mm gun, you are overestimating it by quite a lot.

It is in the same way a weakspot as the weak 30mm roof on the IS-7-turret is a weakspot, it is technically there but in practice you almost never get to shoot at it.

Unless you are aiming down on the turret (i.e you are above the tank) you cannot hit the 40mm zone at all since the VKB is bigger than than all of those tanks using the 122mm gun, you are overestimating it by quite a lot.

It is in the same way a weakspot as the weak 30mm roof on the IS-7-turret is a weakspot, it is technically there but in practice you almost never get to shoot at it.

that's why you can over match it, if you were to do a size comparison between the O-Ho and the VK/E-75 you would clearly see why the tank can over match the roof.

that's why you can over match it, if you were to do a size comparison between the O-Ho and the VK/E-75 you would clearly see why the tank can over match the roof.

...except for the fact that you need atleast a 122mm gun to do so(the 105mm gun CANNOT overmatch either roofs as I have already stated before unless you are using the 150mm gun with AP, in which case.. good luck hitting that roof with that gun)

Yeah, I just looked at the numbers on tanks.gg. I think the incorrect terminology is being used. The frontal 60 mm sloped forehead section is sloped back at about 80 degrees, making it autobounce on level ground. Using an approximate shot from an O-Ho at point-blank/facehug range, the O-Ho just straight-up pens it as it negates a lot of the slope, and it ends up being a 60 mm plate sloped back at about 60-70 or so degrees, resulting in effective armor value in the 140 mm range.

The O-Ho is NOT 3x overmatching E-75/VK-B turret roofs. It is UNLIKELY to be 2x overmatching the rear 40 mm part. It is likely straight-up negating slope and punching through the roof.

Yeah, I just looked at the numbers on tanks.gg. I think the incorrect terminology is being used. The frontal 60 mm sloped forehead section is sloped back at about 80 degrees, making it autobounce on level ground. Using an approximate shot from an O-Ho at point-blank/facehug range, the O-Ho just straight-up pens it as it negates a lot of the slope, and it ends up being a 60 mm plate sloped back at about 60-70 or so degrees, resulting in effective armor value in the 140 mm range.

The O-Ho is NOT 3x overmatching E-75/VK-B turret roofs. It is UNLIKELY to be 2x overmatching the rear 40 mm part. It is likely straight-up negating slope and punching through the roof.

it could be that, i am no good with math n' numbers so thanks guys for the explanation 

Unless you are sidehugging the VK you will at most maybe negate maybe 3-4 degrees at most when facehugging eachother so it would be an autobounce either way.

The O-Ho is big, but it isn´t THAT much bigger than the VK(plus frontally it doesn´t get frontally any gundepression anyway), in a realistic combat-situation this is never going to happen on flat ground.

i still need to find someone with a VK/E-75 to do a training room, as well as some others like IS-7 ect.

You can do the same test in a Tiger 2, the result will be the same.

Unless you are sidehugging the VK you will at most maybe negate maybe 3-4 degrees at most when facehugging eachother so it would be an autobounce either way.

The O-Ho is big, but it isn´t THAT much bigger than the VK(plus frontally it doesn´t get frontally any gundepression anyway), in a realistic combat-situation this is never going to happen on flat ground.

Yeah, not having the two tanks' comparative height, I can't accurately gauge the height difference.