Deus__Ex__Machina

O-Ho Appreciation Thread

Loved it on test, Will be even better on live \o/

Was so fun with the fast reload 150 derp hitting perfectly angled mice turret and E3 tracks for 300+

Well After some alternation between the guns i am starting to find that the 150 Derp is indeed thew best gun for this tank, mostly because even though the 105mm is great for tier 8 matches (5.6k dmg done on my 8th game in it) this tank dose not get tier 8 only so therefore the 150mm is best because as the saying goes "HE always Dose Damage"

Edited by Deus__Ex__Machina

Well After some alternation between the guns i am starting to find that the 150 Derp is indeed thew best gun for this tank, mostly because even though the 105mm is great for tier 8 matches (5.6k dmg done on my 8th game in it) this tank dose not get tier 8 only so therefore the 150mm is best because as the saying goes "HE always Dose Damage"

platoon of them with the derps is crazy fun. You just fuck over everything. There was a maus coming around a corner and we just kept spamming his turret cheeks

I also 2 shotted a full HP is-3 earlier today by shooting HE through his roof. Rip

Not seeing the draw. The 10.5cm is middling when tier 8, wholly insufficient when tier 9, and a joke in tier 10. Have fun with that E-100 you can't escape, flank, or hurt.

15cm has great gun handling for a derp, but still only okay for tier 8, and ultimately it's a tier 6 cannon fighting up to tier 10. For every time you get an amusing triple overmatch through an unsuspecting IS-6 roof you have a 200 damage HE hit and a 14 second wait to do it again. I get the giggle factor, but I'm not seeing anything to make the tank good.

I get the giggle factor, but I'm not seeing anything to make the tank good.

That seems to be the primary characteristic of this line, isn't it? :disco:

O-I Exp OPOPOPOP. 

Not seeing the draw. The 10.5cm is middling when tier 8, wholly insufficient when tier 9, and a joke in tier 10. Have fun with that E-100 you can't escape, flank, or hurt.

15cm has great gun handling for a derp, but still only okay for tier 8, and ultimately it's a tier 6 cannon fighting up to tier 10. For every time you get an amusing triple overmatch through an unsuspecting IS-6 roof you have a 200 damage HE hit and a 14 second wait to do it again. I get the giggle factor, but I'm not seeing anything to make the tank good.

Armor is good, add HElarious 15cm on it it will at least be OK, plus play4fun is the goal here, statspadding? plz stay at O-I Exp.

How the flying fuck do you use this kind of gun depression?

KfrCiAP.jpg

That's my maximum depression. On flat ground. This thing can't hit most heavies in front of it, let alone anything smaller. Screw that noise. I haven't come across a match where the armor held up. My first match involved an APCR spamming ISU rounding the corner and 3-shotting me. Another few matches I lost 100% of my HP to arty. Another I was too slow to make it across the Lakeville gap and lost half my HP just getting into the town (at which point I was melted by a HEATspam m103). The one match where it did work was just because of a some poor T7 medium trying to flank me.

I'm so sick of my bad luck, too. The entire japanese HT line has given me garbage results. I'm about to just give up on them.

Edited by Rexxie

I'm so sick of my bad luck, too. The entire japanese HT line has given me garbage results. I'm about to just give up on them.

Honestly, what reason was there to go up the line in the first place?

I messed around with them on the test server and have been shocked that folks are actually playing them after what I saw and experienced.

ive had fantastic games and luck with the whole line until this pos t9. thing is a ammo rack with tracks. my stats are fantastic on all of them but this thing. so rage inducing. go from the t8 blocking 7k+ dmg to the t9 getting penned by t7s and ammo racked

I have almost every other tank in the game, not going to pass by an opportunity to play an entirely new line. Playing the same tanks over and over gets boring.

I've always wondered how that must be owning almost all the tanks in the game, like i can imagine you getting uber excited when a new line is released even if its not a great line,but just a opportunity to play something new.

Hidden Content

That's my maximum depression. On flat ground. This thing can't hit most heavies in front of it, let alone anything smaller. Screw that noise. I haven't come across a match where the armor held up. My first match involved an APCR spamming ISU rounding the corner and 3-shotting me. Another few matches I lost 100% of my HP to arty. Another I was too slow to make it across the Lakeville gap and lost half my HP just getting into the town (at which point I was melted by a HEATspam m103). The one match where it did work was just because of a some poor T7 medium trying to flank me.

think ahead and try to always face tanks on your right side since it's easier to depress your gun there. Platoons of ohos help too. Nelson and myself kept the ho if you want to toon

think ahead and try to always face tanks on your right side since it's easier to depress your gun there. Platoons of ohos help too. Nelson and myself kept the ho if you want to toon

any chance u woluld want to show me how to make this pos type 4 to work lol

Hidden Content

I think the only one that makes sense is the t6 and t8 for the missions. Just get t6/t8 matchmaking and you can do a ton of them.

any chance u woluld want to show me how to make this pos type 4 to work lol

I couldn't even make it work....

The combination of extremely derpy gun, huge reload, and sluggishness makes it impossible to be a reliable influence on the battlefield. I got through it by platooning a good chunk and then soloing the EXP missions.

Only managed 2400 DPG at the end of my grind.

Just choose a flank where you think the most enemies will be at and try to get as many shots out as possible before the game is over/you get fucked *shrugs*

It has gotten a lot better for me since my previous comment about the O-Ho. Currently at 2100 DPG/76% WR, could probably pull that up to 2300 DPG, although I expect that winrate to drop to around 65 with enough games.

Sadly 2100 DPG is sort of poor for me, my first O-Ho session was horrifically unlucky and has taken its toll on my stats. For some comparison, I can pull that DPG in a Tiger P, so.

Regardless it's my favorite jap heavy so far :)

It has gotten a lot better for me since my previous comment about the O-Ho. Currently at 2100 DPG/76% WR, could probably pull that up to 2300 DPG, although I expect that winrate to drop to around 65 with enough games.

Sadly 2100 DPG is sort of poor for me, my first O-Ho session was horrifically unlucky and has taken its toll on my stats. For some comparison, I can pull that DPG in a Tiger P, so.

Regardless it's my favorite jap heavy so far :)

How is the armor holding up? Effective armor-use contributes to carrying capacity, just doesn't get particularly well rewarded, other than in terms of win rate.

I'm really liking the O-Ho.

At 115 battles and 70% WR (nearly all games played solo barring maybe 15), its speed sometimes hurts it, but I'm having all kinds of fun (doing 2125 DPG but that probably isn't that impressive).

I've been using the 15cm exclusively and the 14.6 sec reload, coupled with the aim time and accuracy actually works quite well imo. The ability to smack even heavily armored foes for 300-400 (including E100s) is really nice, not to mention all the module damage that it gets. I not nearly as good at aiming as ST though and have yet to pen any IS-3 roofs, but it is still a really solid gun. My only complaint about the gun is the wonky gun depression which is incredibly disappointing at times, esp when something small tries to face/sidehug you.

As I mentioned the speed sometimes really kills it. I say sometimes as I've really only been unable to reset/flex only a few times. Typically by the time it becomes an issue I'm already dead.

The armor? Great vs. unaimed shots, low tiers, and people who seem to have a moral issue firing gold. God help you if something with pen akin to a T34 takes aim. Frontally immune to the 175 pen guns (unless they fire gold) and E-25s (even with gold which is pretty hillarious, had one bounce 21 APCR rounds off of my front before I decided to end him) it is a great bully of those tanks. That being said, when you encounter Tier 9/10s or things firing gold the armor melts pretty quickly. I had a KV4 fire pure APCR at me and pen every shot (sadly I put myself in a place I couldn't retreat) while I was only doing 300 ish per shot to him. However, it can still bounce shitter E100s (Link.) who think firing AP is a good idea.

The amount of carnage it can cause with "perfect" MM is kind of lolzy too.

The madness.

10 kills, nearly 12 (if I hadn't rushed my shots on the 1375 and FV304), this isn't indicative of how it typically plays, but in matches like that you literally can almost give zero fucks.

Overall, it does have some pretty glaring issues, but it is only of the only "superheavies" that I've had fun playing in a long time. From its ability to bounce all kinds of shells (sometimes) to the ability to hit Tier 10s for 300-900 damage a shot (I hit a T57 side for 880 once which was fun) is also really nice, especially as the aim time on the 15 cm is such that you A. Don't "really" have to aim for weakspots and B. Don't have to aim for long.

neOizzL.jpg

jj3OaL8.jpg

Edit: I feel I should add two more things.

1. Arty, even low tier arty, love to shoot these things. The size/speed nearly ensures they hit and while the low tier stuff doesn't hurt much (or at all in the case of FV304s) the bigger arty, plus their tendency to also fire AP at you can mean a miserable time. The large size also means that it is very difficult to hide behind some forms of cover as your are either too tall or too long/wide to make sure of it.

2. The credit-making ability is actually pretty decent on this. This is mainly as the 105 doesn't have a gold round (meaning you can't spam it) and the 15cm HEAT rounds are kind of useless at that tier. So overall, I think I'm making upwards of 30k profit a match (with a premium account). Hell I don't think I've ever really lost credits barring a time I got creamed as I was out in the open.

Edited by Razavn

How is the armor holding up? Effective armor-use contributes to carrying capacity, just doesn't get particularly well rewarded, other than in terms of win rate.

Well, my armor efficiency is around 1.4. That's pretty good, considering most of my heavy tanks hover been 0.9 and 1.1. It's also higher than any of the other japanese heavies. It's still well below those ridiculously armored tanks like the 4502B or AT-15A, which are around 1.7 to 1.8, but it's probably not too far off given how much HP the O-Ho has to burn through even when the armor doesn't hold up.

I'm sure this contributes to my winrate, but at the same time effective armor use is not the only stat that contributes to winning without directly influencing DPG. Positioning also matters, being at the right place at the right time can certainly win you a match without doing any more damage. In some cases the O-Ho is just too slow to impact a result, whereas a similar tank like the KV-5 would of absolutely carried.