Deus__Ex__Machina

O-Ho Appreciation Thread

25 minutes ago, Sapros said:

Sorry for what's about to follow. I really am, but I need to vent.

What a piece of shit. Jesus Christ, didn't think I'd ever find a tank at T8 I could hate more than the Centrution. Yet, here it is. 

It's huge and slow. That means it gets crapped on hard by artillery on a lot of maps, and it's often too late to the party.

Its gun's so terrible you're thankful you can use the one you unlocked on a bloody T6.

It's so terrible in fact, it can't even aim at stuff in front of it. There's hardly a chance you'll be giving autobounce angled sides and still be able to depress the gun enough.

Armor's garbage unless top tier and/or playing against complete idiots. Made of ammo racks. Can't sidescrape because shouders. Turret face getting penned by 200mm pen guns.

Great tank otherwise. 

Rude I'm about to grind this :( 

Grinding marks on french TDs and Jap heavies feels like the best way to keep my WN8 to not go into superuni for as long as possible :doge: 

FFS I JUST HIT IT ARE UYOU SERIOUS

I just got it for the on track and I like the derp the best.  The variable gun depression makes aiming tricky at best so aiming for weak spots is very frustrating.  The derp makes this tank different.  It's a close support heavy.  And hitting thinly armored tanks for 800-900 damage never gets old. 

32 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

And I just picked up HT-15.3 in this.  :awyeah:

There's nothing more adorable than an IS-6 trying to sidescrape against you.  All his fancy armor is useless against the dumb, brute force of the 15cm. 

Even better is when you overmatch his turret armor for 700 with AP 

Great way to balance those IS-3s and IS-6s :trollface: 

I even won full HP IS-4 with those stronk AP shells

5 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Even better is when you overmatch his turret armor for 700 with AP 

Great way to balance those IS-3s and IS-6s :trollface: 

I even won full HP IS-4 with those stronk AP shells

That's a trick I haven't been able to pull off yet.  It seems that every time I try loading AP for something like that, my target moves and I end up bouncing it off somebody else.  So I don't try it very often.

7 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

That's a trick I haven't been able to pull off yet.  It seems that every time I try loading AP for something like that, my target moves and I end up bouncing it off somebody else.  So I don't try it very often.

Its extremely risky...but when it works...its fucking hilarous.

Here is one of the best AP moments i had with O-Ho:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2980068#sacred_valley-leggasiini-o-ho

o-ho > is-4  

When you are close enough to shoot the 20mm-plate on top of IS3's armor reliably, you might as well plant an HE right in there. I even once managed to snipe an HE shell into a hulldown IS3 on Pilsen during a SH-attack. God was he pissed as three of his crew went to heaven, along with almost a thousand health. :trollface:

I finished my grind thru the O-Ho and enjoyed it so much, that it's a keeper.  It's not the best tank in the world, but its fun to play.  I do wish that the cross team chat was still working so I could hear the lamentations of players as I destroy all their modules and track them over and over again.  It's truly direct fire artillery and people who don't use the derp are missing out on what makes this tank unique. 

I also bought the Type 4 and moved my second string crew into it.  I got it just in case it gets the rumored upgrades soon. 

Oh, and here is my one and only ace tanker game in the O-Ho- 4k  damage, 6 kills with nothing but HE.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3017040#karelia-lt_lolcat-o-ho

I'm considering buying it back after horrible 12 battles and rage selling it. Where do you go with it bottom trier given it's so hard to put the gun on target and your armor doesn't work at t10?

5 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I'm considering buying it back after horrible 12 battles and rage selling it. Where do you go with it bottom trier given it's so hard to put the gun on target and your armor doesn't work at t10?

You act as support tank. Dont go front like or take hits, just derp tier 10s until you have to trade HP. You can still do damage to tier 10s. Remember that you got more depression on your right, so always come out from corners like this:

59GOOdi.png

Soon after these tanks were released, I started a PowerGrind of the O-I, O-Ni, and O-Ho and I uploaded a bit of great games I had during that period of play. I am grateful for the addition of these locomotives to my garage and I am looking forward to the Type buffs.

I completed my O-Ho grind in 220 battles and I am surprised at how well I did in it but once I rebought it a few months ago, 13 games and it feels like I've forgotten how to play it. I'll try again soon but until then, here is some content from happier times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxtxvH-x2r4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERSyxAscYUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kql1EpSavfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmvNFK9u7Z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfE7tBk5suM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUHNzaby8jY

I remember a few others but I didn't upload them.:damn:

About ~30 games into the grind on this now. Using derp because that's what this tank is all about. It's... strangely fun to play. There's not a lot of thinking involved, basically go forward, keep front armour towards enemy, blap stuff with HE. The lack of depression over the left side of tank is rather infuriating, as is constantly getting penned on that flat bar of armour just below the mini-turrets, but the armour is enough to troll people who don't aim properly and derping stuff never gets old.

Don't know if I'll go any higher than this in the line, but the grind at least should be kind of fun. Still tossing up whether it will be a keeper or not, but plenty of time to make up my mind on that point.

Oh, and apparently 1,350 base xp is only enough for a 1st class mastery. Freaking heck!

17 minutes ago, Balthazars said:

Don't know if I'll go any higher than this in the line, but the grind at least should be kind of fun. Still tossing up whether it will be a keeper or not, but plenty of time to make up my mind on that point.

If Type 5 buffs passes ST it should be worth getting. For now though yea staying at O-Ho is best idea.

i've always been a hater, but lately i'm taking derp guns as a way to relax yourself in the middle of a tryhard session or some dank high tier games.

i'm at the O-NI now, i think i'll just free exp to the O-HO and grind a crew in SHs

Well, just finished the grind, took a bit over 100 games but rounded it off to 110 to fit my OCD.

Legga may not like me saying this, but for me, it feels inferior to the O-Ni, which I seemed to perform much better in. In some ways this is a fun and straightforward tank to play it - point front towards enemies, blap with HE. However, the armour seems worse tier-for-tier compared to O-Ni, as even as top tier there are quite a few things that will simply just pen you through the flat parts of your armour. My armour usage is only a bit higher than on the O-Ni, and some of that is probably attributable to the fact that the alpha firing at you is greater, so those troll bounces add up the damage total quicker. Damage is only marginally better than the O-Ni, so I guess I generally just suck with derp cannons. :/

Just too much variance between the best and the worst for me in this tank - sometimes things click, you get those big pens or consistently hit for decent damage and can produce solid results. Other times, everyone and his mother penetrates you just by flinging shots in your general direction, your derp shots either miss or do minimal damage, or it's a steamroll and you just can't keep up to get in any damage.

Well, with derps and buffs incoming for the tier 9 and tier 10, I may just continue up this line for the luls - it is kind of relaxing to play, not that much thinking required, although maybe that's why my performance in this doesn't seem to be much better than the performances in the O-Ni...

@Balthazars

Nothing wrong with opinions :P . Personally i found O-Ho's armor better just because of better side armor and more trollish angles, aswell as stronger boobs. 

I personally do much better in O-Ho. I think its harder to play than O-Ni but more rewarding overall. Positioning the tank is harder as the depression is limited on front. The gun stats are however significantly better than O-Ni which is the main advantage over O-Ni. The gun handling and DPM felt tad low sometimes on O-Ni, while it doesnt have as much oneshotting capabilities as O-I does at tier 6.

I think they work well when you have a platoon mate to support you. Someone who can keep people at bay while you reload or with faster ROF to finish off low HP tanks.

The varying depression is frustrating at first but once you get used to the angles you work with for bouncing and protecting your modules (from pen or from other HE) it's an interesting tank to play as a break from other lines I found :).

Some players appear to like the exp tank gun but I think you really get penalised with that in a Tier 10 match. The Derp is less reliable for sure but at least you can do damage with most shots.

Finally rebought it. I like it much more but I still don't understand how @leggasiini can love a tank that is so damn uncomfortable. It's really nice to one shot udeseseseses or blap Emil II's sides for 900dmg and setting them on fire but all the times when someone goes at you and you have to decide if you want to shoot him but turn your hull so you get penned or hope he wont pen you and not shot is super annoying.

Im not enjoying the tank even nearly as much as I used to. The new MM and powercreep really hurt her :(  

She will never ever leave from my garage but I demounted equipment and crew (will use on O-I exp, looks stupid fun after 9.20; sure it loses 10cm but 130-140mm effective front with derp with 8 sec reload or T67-esque 75mm? Yea boi)) from her for the first time which feels sad but thats how it is. 

Waiting for WG to fix the tier 8 MM so I can roll with her again. Now she can take a good rest

59 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Im not enjoying the tank even nearly as much as I used to. The new MM and powercreep really hurt her :(  

She will never ever leave from my garage but I demounted equipment and crew (will use on O-I exp, looks stupid fun after 9.20; sure it loses 10cm but 130-140mm effective front with derp with 8 sec reload or T67-esque 75mm? Yea boi)) from her for the first time which feels sad but thats how it is. 

Waiting for WG to fix the tier 8 MM so I can roll with her again. Now she can take a good rest

youre forgetting it gets top speed nerf to 25kmh.

14 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

youre forgetting it gets top speed nerf to 25kmh.

I know, but should be still quite hilarous for first few weeks when people still thinks that it has no armor, and just imagine all those newbies...and it can sperm HEAT too, 360 every 8.5 seconds :^)

Sure not as reliable as 105mm ap but your hull is better to actually aim it more reliably

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I know, but should be still quite hilarous for first few weeks when people still thinks that it has no armor, and just imagine all those newbies...and it can sperm HEAT too, 360 every 8.5 seconds :^)

Sure not as reliable as 105mm ap but your hull is better to actually aim it more reliably

Boy do I have no fucking clue how the O-I Exp. stayed pretty much in its original state (I think there was a minor gun handling nerf?) for this fucking long. That thing spent so long being so damn broken it's unreal.

Am also excited to try it post-patch :bigdoge: