Sign in to follow this  
cd169

RIP WoWP?

How much does it cost to host a 500 person gaming server for WoWp? Couldn't they downgrade the thing to just hit right at the maximum population and keep it open indefinitely in the foreseeable future against bots? Just based on revenue in Tanks and Ships, surely the server and game maintenance costs going forward are a drop in the bucket compared to the ripple impact effect the termination would create in making their customers and players wary of paying for content that can just go "poof."

Edited by AdmiralKird

I would have played this game a little bit. But no matter what i did it never loaded up when i got outa beta. POS game, crash and burn. The he100 was fun to play before they removed it though. (think thats what that speed demon was called)

The he100 was fun to play before they removed it though. (think thats what that speed demon was called)

Ironically that is supposed to come back soon or already came back in the very recent 1.9 patch AKA World of BotPlanes. I can't be bothered to check. Either way, no one tell Herr Oberst Nu. I don't want him relapsing.

Dead game is dead.

On 09/10/2015, 10:52:33, AdmiralKird said:

How much does it cost to host a 500 person gaming server for WoWp? Couldn't they downgrade the thing to just hit right at the maximum population and keep it open indefinitely in the foreseeable future against bots? Just based on revenue in Tanks and Ships, surely the server and game maintenance costs going forward are a drop in the bucket compared to the ripple impact effect the termination would create in making their customers and players wary of paying for content that can just go "poof."

They should just do a server merge. 

Oh wait, unlike WT, the client-side prediction is horrific. I never realised quite how good it is in WT until I had to play WoT/WoWP/WoWS on a connection with regular 5% packet loss to NA East.

On 23/06/2016 at 11:25 PM, Eidoss said:

Haven't played WoWP since 2014, have they improved the game engine since then?

No clue. I did reinstall and have a few battles. Not much seems to have changed except that most players in each match are now bots.

On 7/7/2016 at 5:35 AM, hall0 said:

this game is still a thing? Why wont it do us a favour die already?

Circon streamed it this week, played with phlydaily... he had more viewers then people playing the game

On 24/07/2016 at 4:41 AM, robosapieo said:

What's the max number of players the game gets during peak hours these days?Anyone know?

User numbers for the last month. Highlighted the highest number of concurrent users.

uegKe2Vg.png

On 25/07/2016 at 10:34 PM, _Goliard said:

User numbers for the last month. Highlighted the highest number of concurrent users.

uegKe2Vg.png

Wow, that is one hell of a death spiral.

They should seriously let this die. With amount of negative reputation it has it is tbh not possible to get enough players to play this game again. And those who play it probs wont buy gold (or whatever it is called on this game), so WG wont make real money at all especially when compared to WoT or even WoWs. So why even keep it still running, let alone still develop new lines and still patch it?

Just let it be, wait year or two, then shut down servers permanently. Sadly no one would even notice anything.

Need a plane game for variation.  I uninstalled WT for one/two years ago. 

I will check out WoWP first.  Premium account is shared,  so thats good at least. 

Ready to kill bots! :trump: