Bobi_Kreeg

O-I Experimental

MH1deZ5cuaU.jpg

It has no armor, but oh boy, this thing is fast! I'm playing it with the 12cm derp and it feels okay. The HEAT round is very derpy but 140 pen with 360 alpha redeems it. It's weird to play, it's more similar to a big medium like Chi-Nu or Chi-Ri than to a heavy tank like KV.

Did you guys try it with the 10 cm Cannon?

There is absolutely no reason not to use the 10cm cannon, it makes this tank the most OP thing since the 107 KV-1, the 40kph, the 300 alpha on a 8 second reload, and decent handling? Freaking OP man, I am running 1.3k dpg atm because of a couple arty one shots, but schnitzel is at 1.7k iirc. 

TL;DR Use the 10cm

gg, WG - let's introduce a whole freaking tank line that fucks up the balance by having more armor, HP, accuracy, RoF, alpha and pen than all the other same tier heavies. Plus, there goes your "historical accuracy" marketing, too.

FYI: I tried to merge this with the other O-I thread but all it did was to delete the other thread. I am seeing if I can re-do my fuckup. When/if it happens I will merge this to the other one.

Please pay attention to what threads we have already, to avoid having duplicates (and me making mistakes) :)

gg, WG - let's introduce a whole freaking tank line that fucks up the balance by having more armor, HP, accuracy, RoF, alpha and pen than all the other same tier heavies. Plus, there goes your "historical accuracy" marketing, too.

Probably not applicable to the line as a whole, but my god the tier 5 is broken overpowered. Churchill HP, T1 Heavy speed, T-150 firepower, what the fuck were they thinking? This thing is as cancerous as the pre-heat-nerf derp sherman.

It's good. But it's not THAT good. It doesn't have much armor, it doesn't have T1's mobility, it doesn't have best RoF, it doesn't have best pen, and it most certainly doesn't have the best accuracy.

FYI: I tried to merge this with the other O-I thread but all it did was to delete the other thread. I am seeing if I can re-do my fuckup. When/if it happens I will merge this to the other one.

Please pay attention to what threads we have already, to avoid having duplicates (and me making mistakes) :)

I didn't see any other O-I exp. thread in this subforum. :facepalm:

Probably not applicable to the line as a whole, but my god the tier 5 is broken overpowered. Churchill HP, T1 Heavy speed, T-150 firepower, what the fuck were they thinking?

Yeah, T5 and T6. T5 because as you said, T6 O-I is still ridiculously fast for such a heavy vehicle, and also dat armor and the fact that its stock gun would be the top gun on 90% of other T6 heavies with associated grind cost.

What armor dudes? Experimental has max. 70-75mm of completely flat armor all around. It's butter even when angled a lot. Have fun against arti and HE with that:

20jpq20.jpg

Yes, O-I exp armor is nothing special -  T6 O-I., however, is a different question.

The question is whether this armor (which is still pretty good at T5, KV-1 level as you said) can negate all the other advantages combined.

Tank inspector is giving me ~100 at the ideal angle, 110 vs heat, aside from the various turrets. Thats enough for a better than 50:50 from the 105 heat rounds, and enough to make it mostly immune to 3s and 4s.  It still has literally double (or more!) the alpha of any other T5 heavy thats not the BDR (against which it has an alpha, DPM, gun handling, speed, armor, and HP advantage) or a derp gun.

Spent the better part of the morning trying to deal with these monstrosities in a T14 and I really don't want to go back until this nonsense dies down, either from everyone grinding through it or it getting nerfed into the dirt.

Edited by reepneep

Tank inspector is giving me ~100 at the ideal angle, 110 vs heat, aside from the various turrets. Thats enough for a better than 50:50 from the 105 heat rounds, and enough to make it mostly immune to 3s and 4s.  It still has literally double (or more!) the alpha of any other T5 heavy thats not the BDR (against which it has an alpha, DPM, gun handling, speed, armor, and HP advantage) or a derp gun.

Spent the better part of the morning trying to deal with these monstrosities in a T14 and I really don't want to go back until this nonsense dies down, either from everyone grinding through it or it getting nerfed into the dirt.

Given these stats, I think people will keep clubbing in these and won't sell them unless WG decides to nerf them.

Being slightly more vulnerable to clickers than the next heavy isn't much comfort to any of the real tanks that have to engage this thing in direct combat.  Its not often I've seen tier 5s score more than 2k damage in a game, and I saw several this morning. More 1.2k+ than I could count.

OP tank is OP. 1 shots tier3s, 2 shots tier4s and non-HT tier5s. It hits so hard and has such a manageable reload its so easy to outplay just about anything. 

DPG was just under 1700 at 30 games... Then platooning with 2 bulba's happened and the fight for damage was real. Rip DPG down to 1600.

OP tank is OP. 1 shots tier3s, 2 shots tier4s and non-HT tier5s. It hits so hard and has such a manageable reload its so easy to outplay just about anything. 

DPG was just under 1700 at 30 games... Then platooning with 2 bulba's happened and the fight for damage was real. Rip DPG down to 1600.

lol gg, 

um no, you seem to forget the big downsides to theses tanks, there size makes them the #1 arty target in the game, plus it limits where they can and cannot go on maps as well. considering there size they need that armor and HP to survive, now i don't see the pen as being a problem (T8) but perhaps the RoF on some of these tanks could be reduced.

TFW people say this tank is really bad.

They have to play it before they can say anything about it. :serb:

This thing is fucking ridiculous. I've played like 5 games on it and bagged 2 top guns. Preliminary impressions:

Gun (9/10): Ridiculous firepower. 300 alpha @ Tier V with decent handling is the S35 Bathtub's levels of monstrous gun performance. DPM is not even crippling. Standard rounds have a good 130 pen but premium AP is a bit disappointing at 150, which makes dealing with stuff like IS/KV-3 very tricky. Shell velocity is a tad slow but a very acceptable trade-off for such a gun. 

Speed/Mobility (7.5/10): Ghetto 75% crew and stock engine, yet this beast is only slightly slower than an elited 100% crew T1 Heavy. Good straight line speed. Turret feels like it's broken all the time though. Hull traverse is what you expect for a 100 ton vehicle.

Armour (6/10): This is where the meh part comes in. I got one shot by a KV-2 despite being slightly angled, so the frontal profile probably could only reach 90 EA at optimal angles. The tank is also ridiculously long (TOG levels) and has the side profile of a barn. Good against things with 100 pen and below though. 

hull wise, isn't it pretty much the same as the KV-1 at least in terms of thickness? Isnt the KV-1 largely flat as well?

The reason why a KV-1's armour still superior is due to its compact armour profile combined with autobounce zones and trollish spaced armour on the sides. This allows for diamond angling, something the O-I Exp is not as adept at. 

Preliminary Score: 8/10 

Potent firepower that makes it a threat even in tier 6 games, good straight line speed, reasonable armour against lower tiers. I think I've found a new tier V favourite. 

TFW people say this tank is really bad.

They have to play it before they can say anything about it. :serb:

What i find most amusing is that during the test server many people complained that this whole line what utter shit, and i was like lol? first off CT=Pure gold so of course its going to cause any tanks that rely on armor to seem like garbage second the MM is Broken cause there is mostly just noobs playing tier 10. But of course now that these tanks are on the live server people realize how great they actually are.

As I said in That Other Thread (RIP): so wg, these new heavies look completely broken when fighting against lower tiers, competitive against same tier and more or less utter crap when at the bottom of the food chain. Soooooo, why mauschen was postponed/scrapped exactly?

:facepalm: