Sign in to follow this  
WhiteTiger

Looking For a Mentor (EU)

I read lots of guides, I'd go and say that I've read most of the useful ones, I really like watching WoT stuff on YT too, I would love to have some coaching tho :)

Edit: At 2k games i was like at 200-300 WN8 I think :/

Edited by WhiteTiger

Well, some people want to perfect how they play meds, others want something else.

I'd advise you to post your replays in a Tape Study section, you'll get insight from various people. That's the best way.

Well, some people want to perfect how they play meds, others want something else.

I'd advise you to post your replays in a Tape Study section, you'll get insight from various people. That's the best way.

Thanks, that's a good idea, I'll try to get some clips to study but I tomato a lot :/

Thanks, that's a good idea, I'll try to get some clips to study but I tomato a lot :/

Didn't you say you're a carrot? :doge:

If you realize that mistake of yours, try to avoid it, and then post some replays. You seem to make some fundamental mistakes, although you say you read a lot of guides. By having a look at your detailed stats I'm not even sure you have good crews, equipment, etc. Your survivability is 12% on average, try to stay alive longer. That's what I said in the beginning, teach yourself first. At this stage you're gonna be a pain in the ass for a mentor.

Didn't you say you're a carrot? :doge:

If you realize that mistake of yours, try to avoid it, and then post some replays. You seem to make some fundamental mistakes, although you say you read a lot of guides. By having a look at your detailed stats I'm not even sure you have good crews, equipment, etc. Your survivability is 12% on average, try to stay alive longer. That's what I said in the beginning, teach yourself first. At this stage you're gonna be a pain in the ass for a mentor.

I understand, and my crews suck, due to not having gold to retrain them, most crews don't have a skill, some has one. My survivability is terrible, it's getting better though. I understand what you mean, I'm just too bad to be mentored without my mentor going crazy at my mistakes :)

Edit: I'm such a new carrot, my tomato habits are still there :P

Edited by WhiteTiger

To be honest: Your stats suggest to me that you don't yet use some of the game mechanics without thinking/believe you understand them, but fail to exploit them entirely (when I was at your stage I "understood" camo, but failed to see how I can use it).
The first thing you need to do is practice all the game mechanics so that you can use them without thinking about them.
Why? Now you can focus that attention on the mini map in order to interpret the information it gives. If you still need to think a lot about side scraping you simply won't have the attention required to keep up with the mini map. :)

Once that is done you will already start to develop awareness: Given the tanks your side sent to a choke point and the tanks the enemy send, who is likely going to win that spot? What are those tanks going to do once they are done (usually either go for enemy cap or defend yours even tho the latter is rarer)? Before engagements happen: Which tanks do you expect to go there (from your team and the enemy team. Usually you answer this question by asking yourself where you would go in that tank. The spot you go to should also be a spot that allows you to exploit a strength of your tank.)?
Now late game in carry situations it becomes a matter of thinking like your opponent: How much HP do they have? Tank strengths? Remaining team balance? What would you do if you were that enemy?
Once again this is enhanced by mini map awareness: You can quickly judge if your tanks are in a position to be spotted by the enemy. If they aren't, that alters the information the enemy has and thus his actions.
If you want to delve deeper into this I can recommend you Quickybaby's heartbreak videos. He usually explains his thoughts and why he does things in them in exactly the situations in which decisions matter the most.  :unicum:
--> Advanced thinking about the battle is difficult and requires a lot of attention. You need to be able to pilot your tank on auto pilot in order to work the mini map, so your first step towards improvement is working on the basic game mechanics and basic deployment patterns (use this if you haven't done so already: http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/2760-okeano-rexxies-guide-on-where-not-go-to-on-maps-updated-7115/). Once you get those two down you can expect to have at least green stats.
If you are not sure what you should work on you might want to upload a few non-cherry picked replays to the tape study section. I will even update my WoT client to review them, so you are guaranteed to get at least one response. :)

Now after the game ask yourself what didn't go as expected? What could you have done better (do this no matter the outcome of the game)? Do this all the time and you will gradually get rid of the mistakes you made. And after all what separates a Unicum from a green player is the number of right decisions they make. :)

Thanks for the reply EmptyLord, I already uploaded 4(5) in a topic in Tape Study, the worst ones are the last one (Airfield) and the Sand River one which I just fail to find enemy to shoot (won't happen after I read that guide I hope!) 

And there's an IS game which I accidentally uploaded and then decided to show off :P It's nothing special, just fighting tomatoes.

snip

Above post + I think I pretty much watched every single one of QB's videos, I know how mechanics work, just that my crew skills, tanks that I own and usually my positions don't let me use them effectively enough, when exploiting bushes it's great but that happens like once in 4k games..