Krollin

How do I USN BB?

Having started OBT in Cruisers and Destroyers I have been steadily grinding the USN BB line and have reached the giddy heights of the New Mexico.

The problem I am having is that playing it is causing my WR to drop (although EPG and DPG and other stats are actually going up). I know this has nothing to do with the ship, it is excellent for its tier.

Playing slow BBs is taking a lot of getting used to, I think my biggest problem is taking lines on a map where I know I can flex from in a CA/DD but obviously can't in a NewMex.
This means I tend to be chasing the battle way too much.

How do you set your USN BB up on a map in order to get guns on target and be able to dominate like a BB should really do?

Basically, always play the centre. Never play wide flanks. You can find yourself outside the fight too easily. Two brothers says fuck you to that but any other map can work this just fine. 

Basically, always play the centre. Never play wide flanks. You can find yourself outside the fight too easily. Two brothers says fuck you to that but any other map can work this just fine. 

Sounds plausible and obvious really. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Many thanks.

Two Brothers is one of the maps I don't have a problem with in my NewMex. South spawn = move to shelf SE of the eastern mountain and snipe unseen. Gives you the option to push east and north or defend cap from the west.

Sounds plausible and obvious really. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Many thanks.

Two Brothers is one of the maps I don't have a problem with in my NewMex. South spawn = move to shelf SE of the eastern mountain and snipe unseen. Gives you the option to push east and north or defend cap from the west.

That position is hilariously OP but it's a fallback, not an initial position. You want to at least sniff out the east first to see if you can get some shots on cruisers. 

That position is hilariously OP but it's a fallback, not an initial position. You want to at least sniff out the east first to see if you can get some shots on cruisers. 

By the time I get there, unless I spawn pretty much under it, DDs and Cruisers are already there.

If you got the time, could you share some replays with good positioning? Where to go and shaking off the WoT-mentality is probably my biggest issue right now.

If you got the time, could you share some replays with good positioning? Where to go and shaking off the WoT-mentality is probably my biggest issue right now.

Yeah I'll have a look through my replays.

Had a look through my replays but my last couple of big games were farming damage off of utter shitters. I'll see if I can find some with actually good positioning.