Sign in to follow this  
capt-jay

USS North Carolina eye candy

Apologies if this doesn't belong here, but I thought some of you warship nuts might enjoy a photographic tour. I am not even sure if this link will work, I hope it does

http://imgur.com/a/JZcKz 

My pics are kinda in reverse order sorry about that, it makes more sense if you start with the last picture...

Edited by capt-jay

I used to go that ship every year when I went to Wilmington but we stopped going to NC beaches (no idea why). I loved going on it every time. It really never got old.

Interesting to see actual boards on the deck.  Iowa and Alabama both had sheet wood screwed over the deck to keep the boards intact.  

Deus, they just replaced that deck with several million dollars of donated Teak...from Japan if memory serves me correctly. That was between 1994-7. I bought a small piece of the original decking...amazing what good shape it is still in

balls, I bunch of pics didnt upload, cool shots from the bridge, looking thru the rangefinder in the forward main turret etc 

There's a shot from as far forward as possible looking aft....the old guy in the pic was an artillery man from the Korean war, he and I must have talked for nearly 40 minutes, it was great.

I probably spent $150 in the gift shop

Used to live in Wrightsville beach which is adjacent to Wilmington where she lays at anchor, can say nothing is cooler than one of the tallest buildings in a port being a stationary battleship :3 

Drove by her many times a couple of miles off the highway, but never had the chance to check her out.  She's huge and a pretty lady!