Bavor

Does Clan Wars 2.0 feel like a grind to anyone else?

Somehow I seem to have missed the point that everyone seems to be insisting on being the most important...

Is RR+right click+left click all on the same target really that much of a challenge? 

And on the topic of breaking camps, everyone has hundreds of battles experience in doing so by now, so what makes it so challenging? Just find the weakest point, abuse view range, and pick them off. (Except mountain pass, fuck that map)

FOXEY feelin the love

Fastbois + FV 304 = camp breaking all day every day

Shfty©

Can confirm: we took a Bert in CW and he did 2k dmg to the turtle. So many tears.

The only saving grace for CW right now is the Clan League.
It's fun - barring the clans that tech you.

After preseason their shouldn't be any more techs. In the meantime though shojo had  a bracket where all but one clan teched us. 

It gets really old really fast.

That is one of the reasons I complain.  
For us, its our 1 camp strat of the night. 
For you guys, its another damn camping team.

KIMBO should aspire to be better than that.  

The other reason is because you learn fucking nothing by camping, and this might be our one opportunity of the night to cut our teeth in a fair fight against a good team.  
It is painful when the call is to squander that opportunity.  

Fortunately, all of our experienced callers are sympathetic.  If you see us camping, probably a 75% chance that it is a new guy trying to learn to call better.
If you see us yolo all 10 tanks into your position, its probably me trying to get an exciting 10-8 overmatch before your scouts can get back to the fight.  

I despise the pub meta so much I would rather win 20% in 3 hours of T8 stronks (which does happen now and then) than play 1 hour of pubs. T10 battles would probably be the best thing ever but we've never done them. Grinding nothing but strongholds all day every day sounds like heaven. I can always convert XP to skip T7s and T9s.

Somehow I seem to have missed the point that everyone seems to be insisting on being the most important...

Is RR+right click+left click all on the same target really that much of a challenge? 

You'd be surprised what kind of stupid shit people pull in strongholds in average clan. So yeah, it's a challenge.

Like, I literally rage quitted few strongholds because I have to draw people what to do in tier 6s. Being forced to do that every night gets exhausting.

Example one(imagine similar situation, this is just 1st that came to my mind): 

Mines. 

Me: "Go to the rock in the middle."

Buddy: "What rock, I haven't loaded in game yet?"

:facepalm: Mines is known to be full of rocks in the mid...

Example two(real one):

I'm driving IS-3 and buddy(1600 wn8) in 50 100 keeps trying to get in front of me instead of shielding himself up behind me. I had to shout at him to get behind me.

Doing it over again and again for a few hours a night gets boring.  You seem to be in the minority that find doing the same thing over and over really enjoyable.

Doing it over again and again for a few hours a night gets boring.  You seem to be in the minority that find doing the same thing over and over really enjoyable.

It's not as repetitive for him, because OTTER runs off-meta stuff all the time and still wins.  The rest of us can't be dragging around KVs and 34-85s and Hellcats and Jumbos while still winning.

It's not as repetitive for him, because OTTER runs off-meta stuff all the time and still wins.  The rest of us can't be dragging around KVs and 34-85s and Hellcats and Jumbos while still winning.

Bringing non-ideal tanks is something that any clan with a good caller and good listeners can get away with.  KIMBO callers practice with wacky setups all the time.  
And both KV-85 and T-34-85 are fine tanks for tier 6.  They are mobile enough, and powerful.  You win slower, but you still win.  Rudy is love, Rudy is life.

We also try offbeat strategies as well to mix things up.  

But I'm not that great, so I insist on at least 9 serious tanks when it is my turn to call tier 8s.  

Off meta? If you mean the one person every couple days that decides to do doubles on every single t6 they have, so we basically run with 6 light tanks instead of 7. The meta is fastbois, and no one challenges that because its stupidly easy. 

And I dont care how repetitive it is, winning 90% in strongholds is a lot more fun than winning 70% in pubs. I'd imagine that every other clan that has a green recent or higher has a sizable jump in winrate compared to pubs. 

Foxey (one of the most casual CW clans out there that actually wins) has tons of fun in them, and they just drive around doing random stuff. Just getting 6 people of similar skill together is hilariously more enjoyable.

woo foxey is e famous.

but hes right. tier 6 fastbois 80K profit 2 minute wins are nice. we generally have a team or two playing most times of the day. and we don't even call them. we literally pub it, at most someone says "everyone go here" *pings map* but we just derp around in type 64s and Cromwells

though as sr360 said, 100 wins a day is really excessive. should be 50 or less. 

Edited by Assassin7

Off meta? If you mean the one person every couple days that decides to do doubles on every single t6 they have, so we basically run with 6 light tanks instead of 7. The meta is fastbois, and no one challenges that because its stupidly easy. 

And I dont care how repetitive it is, winning 90% in strongholds is a lot more fun than winning 70% in pubs. I'd imagine that every other clan that has a green recent or higher has a sizable jump in winrate compared to pubs. 

I can play tic-tac-toe all day and never lose, that doesn't make it fun.  T6 SH has minimal strategy at best, as you described it is drive and click.  I find that boring as shit regardless of whether it's a win or loss and so do many other players.

I can play tic-tac-toe all day and never lose, that doesn't make it fun.  T6 SH has minimal strategy at best, as you described it is drive and click.  I find that boring as shit regardless of whether it's a win or loss and so do many other players.

So you guys never like socialize during the battle? Ours is mostly just full of banter as we think about grinding credits rather than actual fights. And besides, if you get bored then you can always just stop and let someone else have the spot.

Off meta? If you mean the one person every couple days that decides to do doubles on every single t6 they have, so we basically run with 6 light tanks instead of 7.

*snip*

<.<

>.>

Who would do that?  *cough*

How about you guys would just run T8 or T10 Sh? Is it that uncommon for NA-Clans to have over 30 "active" players online a night and being able to run 2x T10 Skirmishes?

How about you guys would just run T8 or T10 Sh? Is it that uncommon for NA-Clans to have over 30 "active" players online a night and being able to run 2x T10 Skirmishes?

Tier 10 Stronks just aren't that active, plus the HUGE incentive for T6 stronks is the amount of credits they generate. T10 stronks aren't nearly that lucrative, and since you need to win to grind influence, often you have to shoot SPREM especially since you run into top clans almost every game. -G- runs them when we can, but usually we run 8s and 6s. 8s are only active on limited times of the day, though, 6s are almost always running.

Tier 10 SH are almost always dead ever since they came out on NA. Tier 8 is ok and is what most clans do for influence nowadays afaik

Last night, 4 different time we had 4+ min waits for Absolutes. over an hour and a half, only got 8 in, totally worth the time....

It was worse for us last night, we had the pre-season CW tourney with battles vs OTTER and BULBA, a stronghold raid, and somewhere in-between we were supposed to grind out 20 champs/100 medium wins for our daily influence.

Basically given the time you need to prep and execute CW battles, the constant influence grind basically makes large-scale server wars impossible. Everyone is too busy playing stronks.

Tier 10 Stronks just aren't that active, plus the HUGE incentive for T6 stronks is the amount of credits they generate. T10 stronks aren't nearly that lucrative, and since you need to win to grind influence, often you have to shoot SPREM especially since you run into top clans almost every game. -G- runs them when we can, but usually we run 8s and 6s. 8s are only active on limited times of the day, though, 6s are almost always running.

Playing T10 Stronghold+Credit Bonus gives me at least 50k Credits per Round. T6 SH are really nice if you want to get a new tank tho. But yeah i guess there are just so few clans that could actually run T10 SH on NA that it gets old really fast.

Didnt want to offend anybody but on EU we really felt a increase of Clans joining T10 Skirmishes now with the Introduction of CW 2.0, which makes the waiting times practically non-existant (before you sometimes had to wait 1 min 30).

Strongholds do get rather boring the more you do in a session. However, credit boost + team of good players + fastbois = easy credits which = more cost effective gold spam in pubs.

@Luna, i agree with you skirmishes are suppose to be funner that grinding out pub games however, i will also have to agree with other people that winning 1/8 games (yesterdays t8 skirmish games) is absolute crap, our clan isnt the strongest and the players arent very skilled or even that team play orientated, struggle to follow the FC's command (bless him for trying so hard to keep doing skirmishes) but it is frustrating as hell when you can only win 10-20% of all the skirmishes played. Also you say we must be social during the game, some people cant even think or listen when they playing and now have to talk will throw them off completely:sad:. Some people just dont have it in them to play, talk think and listen at the same time and all this makes for a frustrating game.... sucks even more. now to grind play these games over and over and over for influence is really bad for the clan's morale. Also t6 skirmishes are absolutely boring after 20 games (cromwell/t37 spam) there seems to be no variety and it the same shit different map every time

But this is all my 2 cents

It seems the "view from the top" is quite cloudy and really changes perspective as it goes downward. I've only really done strongholds with top 10 clans (relic/pbkac/otter), so I have no idea how the rest function.