Trumpetah

O-Ni

What's so bad with it?

Everything

DPM

Accuracy

gun handling

side armor under tracks is 35mm, cannot angle to make the frontal armor worth anything

tumor armor isnt the same as the hull armor

Why is the T8 with no premrounds BS easymode? I wanna know.

Because you dont use that gun :^)

0,06 camo? That's new academy record! It won't survive long on Malinovka and Prohorovka.

Slap camo paint on and it gets a whopping 2.06% camo value, sure to completely get past those damn overpowered WZ-132s and Leopard PTAs ruining the meta.

Plus, its camo is the same whether the tank is still or moving. It's just like a light tank!

0,06 camo? That's new academy record! It won't survive long on Malinovka and Prohorovka.

DAT PONI REFERENCE MACUS :D

But you speketh the truth. 2+ arty on Prok or Campinovka = tears.

Just been playing it, not the worse tank but Jesus it's big but at least it moves more than the 6. Only had 1 tier 9 battle but several 8's which were just lol.
4k blocked both times and around 3k damage shelled out.

Even with that horribad camo rating it doesn't look bad on paper. I've seen a handful of these in tier 7 matches and every time they end up wrecking face, no one simply knows where the weak spots are yet and most pubbies don't even try to learn them anyways. The gun is lol (worse pen/reload than the T29 and lethargic aim time for 10 extra alpha? Why obviously I'd take that), but much like the O-I Exp. I'd imagine it's designed primarily to feed off of tier 5/6 tears and suffer for it in tier 8/9 matches.

Feeding off of the IS-6 tears will be fun though, the Russian 122 can't pen this shit from the front unless aiming specifically at the gun of the mini turrets or loading the gold and going for the lower frontal plate or the strips of frontal turret armour beside the gun mantlet.

You can add tier 5 as well. 360/440 alpha at tier 5? Yes please.

This is just what WoT needed, KV-2s with more armor at all tiers. :party:

at tier 5, the 100 mil is far more practical 

300 dmg on a non derp is amazing for the tier

Prokhorava as top tier

Only 2 arties enemy side and they are fv304's sitting other side of map

Weak enemy td's

Go 1-2 line

RRR

6k damage blocked, 2k damage done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ednKK8GlvwI

Though honestly, this thing has bit weak armor for its tier and size. Tiger's absolutely farm this, not to even mention arties and higher tier tanks/td's.

Verdict: Tier 7 gold sink/road block for SerB's space program.

Edited by sahtila

The thing that worries me about the O-ni are those 150mm parts of the front. Why? Would it really be problematic to give it homogeneous frontal armor like every other tank on the line? It's like they didn't want all those people playing T8 prems to get too annoyed about bouncing on a T7.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to getting it tonight. The hp/ton is a lot better than the O-I, which should help the miserable experience of going up hills. 1550 HP looks like a godsend too, finally 122mms won't feel like small nukes. I'm just not sure what to do about the gun, I'm not entirely sure the 10cm will hold up, even with the extra alpha.

So after playing around with it for a while, I actually... kind of like it. I haven't played enough for my opinion to be that worthwhile yet, but some notes:

• The most notable difference between this and the O-I is the handling. The O-Ni handles much, much better. Climbing uphill is much less cumbersome, but most importantly the tank is much more nimble (if you can even use that word to describe the bento boxes) in combat.
  • The slimmer, less boxy profile allows for a lot more finesse in positioning.
  • The turret FINALLY is no longer extremely easy to pen. It's nothing to write home about, but the 200mm turret face and 240mm cheeks finally allow for some hulldown play. A hidden benefit you'll immediately notice from this is that the modules/crewmembers in your turret aren't constantly dying.
  • 1550 HP at T7 is massively more impressive than 970 at T6. When things go wrong in the O-Ni you have some time to react, with the O-I you're going to lose half your HP immediately.
  • All these factor combine make the tank a lot less of a one-trick pony that crumbles when it can't bounce the entire matchup. You can pull off a lot more tactics in order to stay alive, while still keeping that typical very bouncy bentobox front.

I get that, on paper, the tank isn't a big upgrade over the O-I, but in practice this definitely is worth going up a tier. I'm not going to say it's a good tank (T9s rip you apart as easily as you might imagine!), but it's not terrible. So far, I really enjoy this compared to the clumsy O-I.

Here are a couple replays to give you an idea of how it plays:

T9, Ruinburg

T7, Ensk

Edited by Rexxie

The O-no Is so fucking terrible I threw 20$ at WG to free exp past it. Totally worth it, the tier8 is bullshit easymode.

Which is exactly what WG intended. Making it that bad is a very concious decision by WG and has nothing to do with actual game balance.