KenyanWarlord

How do you feel about artillery shooting you?

Blacklist and continue my game. I expect to be target #1 in a heavy tank unless they're XVM sniping a better player on my team.

I'd like to add something productive here.. you all probably know it already but I think it won't hurt to post it (again):

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/521957-petition-to-wg-make-wot-the-best-game-out-there/

Getting focused by arty every game gets really old really fast. 

but freind, your wn8 is not even dark blue yet

MORE FUN TO COME!

A platoon shouldn't consist of any more than 1 arty(like carriers in WoWS).There should a limit of 2 arties per team and T9-10 arty should be removed and the matchmaker should be set up so that arties are always bottom tier

A platoon shouldn't consist of any more than 1 arty(like carriers in WoWS).There should a limit of 2 arties per team and T9-10 arty should be removed and the matchmaker should be set up so that arties are always bottom tier

Aside from the difference in HP pools, having two enemy arty and having four or five are basically the same things. The most fun games are the ones where zero arty are present.

Aside from the difference in HP pools, having two enemy arty and having four or five are basically the same things. The most fun games are the ones where zero arty are present.

I meant there should be 2 arties per team MAX,we should still be able to have games where there is no arty.BTW,being focused by 5 arties is VERY DIFERRENT from being focused by 2

Edited by robosapieo

I disagree, and I think capping arties at two per team is completely pointless. Whether two or five, you still have to either camp or do the arty dance.

Also, keep in mind that if you make suggestions on the official forums about maxing games at two arty per side, you're sending the message that, "Hey we're cool with arty; we just don't want that many." But we're not cool with arty because it's broken.

Edited by WildSudowoodo

I disagree, and I think capping arties at two per team is completely pointless. Whether two or five, you still have to either camp or do the arty dance.

Also, keep in mind that if you make suggestions on the official forums about maxing games at two arty per side, you're sending the message that, "Hey we're cool with arty; we just don't want that many." But we're not cool with arty because it's broken.

be realistic about it, WG won't remove arty or completely rework it because, reasons. Limiting it to 1 per match per side would improve the situation significantly and could be a viable option for WG. Removing player names is also necessary IMHO, at least for the opposing team, because it serves no purpose at all.. xvm for the green tam, well why not.. still a bit annoying but some people seems to need it to pick out friendly players they think they can rely on, and shit talk tomatoes.. so yeah.. I think the petition i linked is a good start

I posted this link in venting room http://wotreplays.com/site/2130891#airfield-macusflash-t54e1 Carrying battle and then... You all know what happens. It was so stupid that I wasn't able to say a word.

It sucks, obviously, knowing you can't fight back effectively and/or immediately. You just gotta eat it and if you're still alive to tell your story, seek revenge on that brainless clicker.

Other than that, the feeling of two arties focusing you but missing EVERY SINGLE SHOT is just too amazing.

So let me set the scene for you: I'm in an IS-8 in a majority tier 10 game. I'm in a bit of a hull down position with an IS-7 about 25m away to my right side, also in a hull down position (hes on my team). The enemy T92 artillery decides to shoot me, over the IS-7, when were both capable of being shot by him.

It's all situational. Barring XVM sniping, he might have a better chance of doing more HE damage against you, depending on the trajectory of the shot he had.

If you were arty, would you rather click a hulldown IS-7 or a hulldown IS-8 if you wanted to maximise your damage? The frontal turret of the IS-7 is way tougher and could soak up more HE damage so that might have been a factor in his decision making. 

Not saying that was a good decision on his part, but a shitter might consider damage above everything else. 

Now I know that pack of 5 clickers focused on me isn't the most terrible thing that could happen. I'm afraid WG is about to implement Rampage mode artillery support to random games because why not? This is what happened to me yesterday.

8fjIikg.gif

Edited by MacusFlash

Now I know that pack of 5 clickers focused on me isn't the most terrible thing that could happen. I'm afraid WG is about to implement Rampage mode artillery support to random games because why not? This is what happened to me yesterday.

8fjIikg.gif

I've never played the rampage mode. Is it just like something they call in? If so that's crazy. I assume that would've been more then one player calling it in on you though.

Always run a premium medkit. Don't even question this.

You should have used your repair kit as soon as you were certain you wouldn't immediately be tracked again, pubbies like to call in strikes on unmoving targets, so if you get tracked out in the open, you're done.

Yes, it is still cancer regardless.

I've never played the rampage mode. Is it just like something they call in? If so that's crazy. I assume that would've been more then one player calling it in on you though.

Yeah, everybody who hit enemy enemy several times can call this. Total 39 splash hits in this particular situation. Now imagine such thing in random battles...

Always run a premium medkit. Don't even question this.

You should have used your repair kit as soon as you were certain you wouldn't immediately be tracked again, pubbies like to call in strikes on unmoving targets, so if you get tracked out in the open, you're done.

Yes, it is still cancer regardless.

It's just a rampage mode and I don't want to use my prem med and repair kits when something like this may happen. Credits income is not big enough to justify 3x prem med and repair kits. But the question is why WG is so stubborn to put artillery almost everywhere? They nerfed its total dmg in one barrage but it's still stupid and game breaking.

It's just a rampage mode and I don't want to use my prem med and repair kits when something like this may happen. Credits income is not big enough to justify 3x prem med and repair kits. But the question is why WG is so stubborn to put artillery almost everywhere? They nerfed its total dmg in one barrage but it's still stupid and game breaking.

Because they'e fucking retarded: they're damned lucky to've gotten what they've gotten right, right, but they've taken this as some sort of evidence that their decisions are infallible.

Here's a question though- well 2 actually,and I'm actually curious,

1) Don't most of you use XVM sniping? At least to a degree? I can't count the number of times I've gone around a corner/hill/whatever with a red or other lower skilled player (not to say I'm great but..) and had the purple or dark blue we were attacking focus his attacks on me to burn me down first.

2) Is XVM sniping ever justified? Yes everyone hates getting clicked, I do as well. But-just as a single example

Having discovered arty can be fun to play in the brain dead way though I've started a couple of lines. Running up the German line, in the t4 arty. Play a game on Karelia, our team is all red/grey except for me, opposing team has a purple M7 and a dark blue T34. M7 goes on about his 5 skill crew and how he considers 6 kills a "bad" game in the M7.  Long story short, I click him. He dies. He rages about me XVM sniping. I also crit the T-34 (though no damage) and he gets killed. Also rages. Not as much and doesn't send me a nice PM after the game like the M7, but he's upset.

I don't see how arty clicking you, when you're playing a game where you expect to outclass the others players completely both with your personal skill ,as well as your crew's, as a bad thing.

Not looking for arty hate or rage- it IS absolutely broken, I can either wreck an enemy team from teh safety of my own base or miss every single shot and contribute nothing. Taking the same amount of time to aim in for every shot. But I also don't get player who have reached an obvious level of skill at teh game taking a fantastic crew and dumping it into a low level tank simply to farm damage as something that somehow should be applauded,

There's a thread for this, guys. I know you're trying to ask a question about it, but this will quickly degenerate blossom into another glorious, glorious arty hate thread.

ftfy

Here's a question though- well 2 actually,and I'm actually curious,

1) Don't most of you use XVM sniping? At least to a degree? I can't count the number of times I've gone around a corner/hill/whatever with a red or other lower skilled player (not to say I'm great but..) and had the purple or dark blue we were attacking focus his attacks on me to burn me down first.

2) Is XVM sniping ever justified? Yes everyone hates getting clicked, I do as well. But-just as a single example

/.../

1. I don't use XVM at all. I just shot everything what's not a member of my team.

2. bitchy XVM sniping -> firing at blue/unicum when he is NOT a top tank while there are many other better targets (top tanks, low HP ones, made of paper)

normal XVM sniping -> like above but blue/unicum may be a top tank

An example from mid tiers - clickers should focus on T-34/85, kill him and then focus on me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSdLiaUNb6U&feature=youtu.be

signature.png

Edited by MacusFlash

1. I don't use XVM at all. I just shot everything what's not a member of my team.

2. bitchy XVM sniping -> firing at blue/unicum when he is NOT a top tank while there are many other better targets (top tanks, low HP ones, made of paper)

normal XVM sniping -> like above but blue/unicum may be a top tank

Hidden Content

I.. ashamed as I am to admit it, would have probably focused on you as well. Not to say "you're wrong" (I think the obvious difference in our skill levels speaks as to relative knowledge of the game) , but I don't see that vid as a bad example of XVM sniping. 

You were a bigger target (size wise), you were repeatedly immobilized, and to be honest- getting that lucky 300 HP hit would be nicer on you than on him.

It's also possible because of your positions vs the arties, he was potentially partially obstructed behind the rock, you were in the open. (I have learned that if my target is even partially obstructed, I'll hit the obstruction)

I'm not endorsing XVM sniping, although I do do it myself at lower tiers- simply as a unicum in a T67 or something can wipe out my entire team, so if I get a shot at him, he's a priority. (Or she, I'm such a sexist)

Top tier stuff- I usually reverse XVM snipe, mainly because lower rated players are much less apt to move the second they shoot.

Bu