KenyanWarlord

How do you feel about artillery shooting you?

You are all wrong. Between T-34/85 and clickers was a straight line without any obstacles (look at tracers) and it's much more important to finish one tank with 1/3 HP than farm useless dmg on full HP HT.

I admit that I do play arty, but I'm not the XVM sniping cunt type. My personal thought process on deciding on who to receive my misery payload goes as follows:

1. Choose a flank/area/bottleneck that is the usual arty preaim spot, or areas where lights can easily spot enemies.

2.If they spot a tank, take a shot if possible. Regardless of skill/tank whatever. Early damage can unnerve players, especially if it gives them module/crew damage. Might cause them to play less aggressive as they have burned a medikit/ repair kit.

3. Once that's done, check to see where the teams deployed, and back up the lighter side. If not possible to do this, back up the main force.

4. My priority tanks to hit in order are:

Heavy Tanks

Jagzillas/Deathstars/WTF Waffles

Glass Cannon/Turreted TD's

Assault Gun TD's

Mediums

Lights

Arty will be shot by me if they are lit up or I can see their tracers. I'll announce this to let the team know they won't have arty cover for the next reload. I don't care about skill levels. If you are easy to hit, I'll take the shot.

I got hit by a 261 last night in my Batchat while trying to take an aggressive position. Dropped to 50 from full. Dead without firing a shot as a medium finished me shortly after.

I love arty, they should buff it. It balanced out aggressive gameplay for rock camping.

I got hit by a 261 last night in my Batchat while trying to take an aggressive position. Dropped to 50 from full. Dead without firing a shot as a medium finished me shortly after.

I love arty, they should buff it. It balanced out aggressive gameplay for rock camping.

Ah, you should be grateful that he left you on a sliver of health instead of one-shotting you! :oscar:

I'm on the Lorry now and the increased arty focus is definitely delectable detectable. 

Edited by prolix

I wouldn't mind getting shot at by arty if I was compelled to believe that the results weren't just dumb luck. I feel that a common situation is one where you know arty is trying to lob a shell vaguely in your direction, so you waggle and jink to try and bait a miss. And then you get hit anyway. Now you really have to stop and think "Did he really just accurately predict where I'd be?" ....."Or was that just dumb luck?"

If I could actually tell the difference, that would be something. If landing that kind of hit was the result of deliberate prediction, it might even be something worth complimenting. As for the issue of being XVM-sniped, the only problem is that there's no warning and no way to retaliate. Retaliation may be out of the question, but forewarning would be nice.

Why have people ignored my suggestion of removing T9-10 arty from the game and giving them light tank matchmaking(LT mm should start from tier 4)?Don't you guys think that's a good idea?

Edited by robosapieo

I don't post on the official forums aside from dropping gifs in my clan's recruitment thread, but out of curiosity I decided to get feedback from the masses about the video I posted here. I think I'll give it a full 24 hours and then really piss people off by posting the average stats of players who voted yes versus those who voted no.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/463802-does-this-video-represent-a-desirable-game-mechanic/

Why have people ignored my suggestion of removing T9-10 arty from the game and giving them light tank matchmaking(LT mm should start from tier 4)?Don't you guys think that's a good idea?

Because that's how WoT was prior to 8.6

So not being angry at some subhuman in his cuntwagon will give me the essence of 8k wn8 TD play :serb: ?

Well i wont know. Fuck those retards playing skyshitwagons :doge: .

Their only place is 5 feet under ground.

i'd curse them, their family and their future children to hell for playing a retarded class.

i wouldn't curse their dogs though, dogs are innocent!

Don't have a problem with arty, for me it's just part of the game and something to work around and overcome.  I've been playing online gaming for a long time now and every game has had an element that people have bitched and whined about because it's "unfair" or "unskilled" and doesn't fit in with the way they want to play the game.  Getting all in a mix about it and resorting to calling people "subhuman" etc.. is all a bit OTT, don't you think?

I think its something you need to really experience to understand. The main problem is that there's no way to work around it, as most of the tactics that counter artillery are either fairly ineffective or detrimental to winning matches. Artillery counters aggressiveness, which is a bit of a problem. The somewhat blunt truth here is that, as a barely-green, you have two things going in your favor; first of all, you aren't making aggressive, game-winning plays nearly as often. Secondly, you're a green; when you get singled out as an artillery target for no good reason, it's an irregularity and edge case. When purples get singled out, it's the norm. It's a lot more frustrating when you know that if you and your ally both light at the same time, you will be the target of interest the vast majority of the time.

I do agree that calling arty players subhuman etc. is a bit over the top, though. It's a game. On the other hand, I can totally understand why people have a problem with arty.

Don't have a problem with arty, for me it's just part of the game and something to work around and overcome.  I've been playing online gaming for a long time now and every game has had an element that people have bitched and whined about because it's "unfair" or "unskilled" and doesn't fit in with the way they want to play the game.  Getting all in a mix about it and resorting to calling people "subhuman" etc.. is all a bit OTT, don't you think?

I think its something you need to really experience to understand. The main problem is that there's no way to work around it, as most of the tactics that counter artillery are either fairly ineffective or detrimental to winning matches. Artillery counters aggressiveness, which is a bit of a problem. The somewhat blunt truth here is that, as a barely-green, you have two things going in your favor; first of all, you aren't making aggressive, game-winning plays nearly as often. Secondly, you're a green; when you get singled out as an artillery target for no good reason, it's an irregularity and edge case. When purples get singled out, it's the norm. It's a lot more frustrating when you know that if you and your ally both light at the same time, you will be the target of interest the vast majority of the time.

I do agree that calling arty players subhuman etc. is a bit over the top, though. It's a game. On the other hand, I can totally understand why people have a problem with arty.

If there is arty on the other team, I will get shot at by that arty for most of the battle. Fuck arty. Fuck chai sniping. Just let me fucking brawl in a tank without some goddamn piece of shit cunt camping the back of the map killing half my fucking crew.

These days since I'm rolling in a lot of fat heavies, I can't really complain that much. Not shooting at the KV4 would be dereliction of duty really. But outside of that, I rarely get targeted. It just doesn't happen that often, at least not compared to better players. It tends to fall into environmental hazard more then anything. And that is still bad. I shouldn't be sitting here comparing arty to "goddamn bats". But that's what it's like. That's how useless arty is to the game. It's "goddamn bats" when they track you for the nth time. It's "goddamn bats" when you get one-shotted by a hope shot thirty seconds into the game. It's "goddamn bats" when you get splashed and half your crew is gone. It's "goddamn bats" when arty kills you while the rest of the opposition is wetting themselves behind a rock. It's random bullshit monsters being run by a shoddy AI. That's what arty feels like.

I wouldn't mind getting shot at by arty if I was compelled to believe that the results weren't just dumb luck. I feel that a common situation is one where you know arty is trying to lob a shell vaguely in your direction, so you waggle and jink to try and bait a miss. And then you get hit anyway. Now you really have to stop and think "Did he really just accurately predict where I'd be?" ....."Or was that just dumb luck?"

If I could actually tell the difference, that would be something. If landing that kind of hit was the result of deliberate prediction, it might even be something worth complimenting. As for the issue of being XVM-sniped, the only problem is that there's no warning and no way to retaliate. Retaliation may be out of the question, but forewarning would be nice.

THIS SO MUCH. From my experiences at actively dodging arty shots(and playing arty, don't judge plz), shit players will hit you more often than good players simply because they don't seem to aim and lead you, and just randomly shoot in your direction. In that case, it is simply RNG whether they hit you or not, while erratic movements can throw off a good player's aim. I'm hesitant to use singular examples to support my case, but I had a match on prok in my E50M on the midridge, and successfully dodged 6 shells from a purple Obj261 until I became predictable when I got engaged in a brawl. In contrast, sometimes I may reverse and move erratically for 10 seconds before I disappear, move forward at a different angle and get hit anyway by some shitter in his T92. 

Played 15 or so games yesterday, was arty primary in all arty matches.

In one match, a triple arty toon was focusing my 13 90 entire match, even trying to blindshot me on several occasions.

WoT is now uninstalled until arty gets fixed, not gonna support this fucking retarded mechanic by playing tanks anymore.