Sgt. Pepper

The Kanonenjagdpanzer - E-25's disabled big brother

I think it was under "contests" in the official forums -- the one where you had to make a tank out of pumpkin parts.

Will add the link when out of the office.

Today i won this thing in some contest.

So, my question is, is there someone who is playing it ? I know it's not something really good, but i want to give a try for one reason, because tank is really SEXY in my opinion, atleast in HD model.

So i have some crew trained from RHM, JT88,E25, Dick and StugIV with BIA, camo and repairs (because JT88 brawling) what should i give as equipment, of course rammer and then ? Camo and bino ? I try it in training room and it seems like how poor is Alfa damage the aim time is surprisingly long. So, what about GLD or Vents ? I really dont know. The sad things is there is no good review of this tank (except Quickybaby, but you know...) so i cant really get any good information. So, wotlabs community will you help me ?

Thanks.

shot_035.jpgPS: Give this beauty some love. :-)

PSS:Sorry for bad english.

I'm not saying this tank is good, for all the reasons mentioned throughout this thread, but I will say this:

One of these things literally chased my T-43 around a building on Kharkov, and not only was it fast and agile enough to run me down, it turned and repeatedly shot me on the move despite having no turret and it being a small building.

If people think the Kanonenjagdpanzer is playable then the Panther 8.8 must OPOPOP with a 360 degree turret, -7 gun depression, APCR gold rounds and 2x the HP! And best of all? It doesn't come in a Faustian bundle. Oh man the KJP is hopeless at everything but being a trophy tank and even then, Panther chassis is sexier. Wow...

I tried doing a 60 game challenge in this thing but only made it to 25 games before I had to stop due to wanting to rage quit after most games.

There is just no situation that I would want to go into with the KJP that the JP2 can't do better.

The KJP's gun has terrible pen, low alpha and seems ridiculously derpy.  This crapness is not compensated for by a rapid rate of fire so when someone does get annoyed by your mosquito stings at tier 10 they just turn around and blat you for half your health.

ooooh but it's mobile.

Sorry, it's not.

It has a high top speed but the acceleration is lackluster and it doesn't turn fast enough to harass the back and sides of things like an E-25.

There is no point to having good mobility either because mobility gets you into forward positions where you need alpha or DPM to hold down locations.  In the KJP your high top speed just gets you into trouble.

The best games i've had in this thing are where i skulk around at the back until I can see where all the enemy tanks are and then I pick off a few shots in support of other players.  Someone face hugging a friendly IS6 doesn't notice the extra 240 getting chipped of them so they don't turn around to engage you.

It has no armour

I'd like for this to be a great tank because I love my Fascist TDs but it just sits in the garage.

From the depths of posting grave I ressurect this thread to askwhether the buffs pen, shell velocity, aim time(?) , made this thing playable? Im tempted to pick up the bundle because i want a STA-2, but I've always thought the kjpz cool looking.  Any thoughts?

From the depths of posting grave I ressurect this thread to askwhether the buffs pen, shell velocity, aim time(?) , made this thing playable? Im tempted to pick up the bundle because i want a STA-2, but I've always thought the kjpz cool looking.  Any thoughts

I've only played a couple of matches since the buffs. I like it, it still suffers though. Tier X is rough, plus, the corridor meta hurts it even more then seeing X's. bright side it, shooting premium ammo is pretty much pointless now since they buffed the standard shell so much.

OK, thanks @Korb3n_Dallas

It looked at least playable now. The bundle makes it interesting for me. Will probably pick it up next paycheck.

Entertainment is all this pay for fun scumbag wants out of this game.(and cool looking tanks, regardless of how good they are)

1 minute ago, kreigermann said:

OK, thanks @Korb3n_Dallas

It looked at least playable now. The bundle makes it interesting for me. Will probably pick it up next paycheck.

Entertainment is all this pay for fun scumbag wants out of this game.(and cool looking tanks, regardless of how good they are)

It certainly is cool to look at, almost as fast as the E25 too. I like it, I would like it a lot more if the there were more sniping maps available to us.

1 minute ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

It certainly is cool to look at, almost as fast as the E25 too. I like it, I would like it a lot more if the there were more sniping maps available to us.

I'm traaaaaaaaaash in my E25, but I loves my cockroach.. I loves inserting my probiscus into their tailpipe and pumping it full of lead love until candy comes out.

I suspect I won't be any better in the kanonenderpenpanzer but hey.. it'll look cool failing.

Got it with the bundle... had this my second game in it... I rather like it. I didn't play it before the buffs but as it is now it is reasonably fun. My opinion might change after back to back Stalingrad/Kharkov matches though...

vD11NI7.jpg

7 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

I'm desperately looking for a reason to buy this tank for this silly amount of money they demand. Can anyone convince me?

If I didn't get it with the bundle, I probably wouldn't have bought it either. It is an expensive premium alone. :/ 

Reasons: 1) it looks cool... 2) it looks cool ... 3) It LOOKS COOOL!

well, from what I can tell, I think the buffs really helped this thing a lot. The pen is very good, the handling is nice, it is fast, and camo is better than expected(I thought I would be spotted much easier than I was), they also buffed the shell velocity so its sniping has become reliably easier. 

Pretty much, if you have the cash and think it looks cool, and want or need a German TD crew trainer then it has become a solid choice. If  you want something that makes bookoo credits(my game above didn't even net me 100k profit), the JT88 will train big G. TD crews while making bank.. seriously.. it makes a ton of credits(but it is painfully slow still)

Guys, it's still the lowest tier 8 WR on vbaddict by a margin at 45.8%. A little shell game with its stats isn't going to bring it up to viable, it needs significant buffs and/or the maps to stop hating long range. Even the Panther 8,8 won't eat at the same table with it in the tank cafeteria.

In no way did I say I thought it was powerful, or anywhere near OP like some people want for padding.. I just said it was OK.. and that's colored by the fact I haven't had many city maps other than Pilsen on this thing... the only thing this has going for it is the model

This needs down tiering, at15a/ pzV/IV treatment. Even then E 25 is better if it keeps normal mm(7-9).

Most tier 7 TDs are straight better anyway.

Looks like UDES that's worse in pretty much everything to me.

50% better frontal armor than the UDES. Potentially game breaking. 

Honestly though siege mode's a major pain in the ass sometimes. 

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

Ok bringing this thread back from the dead. Apparently WG plans to give this tank a 105mm

FXvyffM.jpg

Wait a second, the premium one or is this going to be a completely new tank?

38 minutes ago, hall0 said:

I completely missed that post over the excitedness about the british changes. Woot Woot. I love my Kanonenjagdpanzer. With a 105 one of the biggest drawbacks is adressed and if they up the RoF, it will be a really good one.