Premium Tank   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which Premium Tank do you all think is a good choice?

I plan on buying gold(6,500), and hoping that they do the super Pershing(7,200) refund if that happens I will have 13,700 gold. I was wondering What Premium tank that i put in the poll options would be most recommended?  

What is your goal? Pure income generation? Winning? Do you have a line of tanks where one of them would be very useful as a crew trainer?

this.

We cannot tell you which would be best without knowing your playstyle, Current grinds, what you want to do with them, etc etc etc.. 

What is your goal? Pure income generation? Winning? Do you have a line of tanks where one of them would be very useful as a crew trainer?

this.

We cannot tell you which would be best without knowing your playstyle, Current grinds, what you want to do with them, etc etc etc.. 

Pure income I need mainly credits so I can buy the tanks I want to play. 

8.8 or the T34, then, depending on your playstyle preference.  8.8. is fabulous for holding a line solo and taking out every tank in front of you (the rate of fire is insanely fast), but it's slow-moving enough that if people don't come at you, you won't be hitting much, and if the bulk of the battle is taking place on the other side of a large map, you won't get there in time to help unless your team folds.  T34 is fun for doing big damage, but you'll get pulled into tier X battles and that isn't always fun.  They both have good pen and accuracy so you don't really need gold ammo on either (the 8.8 fires so quickly that if you run gold you won't be making money).

So if you like sit-still and hull down TDs, go with the 8.8, but if you prefer heavies, go with the T34 (in my opinion, obviously).  I have both: they're equally fun and make credits hand over fist.

IS-6 for a carrying tank, I find it prints credits better than my Lowe, although I suck in the Lowe.

8.8 or the T34, then, depending on your playstyle preference.  8.8. is fabulous for holding a line solo and taking out every tank in front of you (the rate of fire is insanely fast), but it's slow-moving enough that if people don't come at you, you won't be hitting much, and if the bulk of the battle is taking place on the other side of a large map, you won't get there in time to help unless your team folds.  T34 is fun for doing big damage, but you'll get pulled into tier X battles and that isn't always fun.  They both have good pen and accuracy so you don't really need gold ammo on either (the 8.8 fires so quickly that if you run gold you won't be making money).

So if you like sit-still and hull down TDs, go with the 8.8, but if you prefer heavies, go with the T34 (in my opinion, obviously).  I have both: they're equally fun and make credits hand over fist.

I'll look into the 8.8  I'm just trying to get an idea on what I want because I'm still not sure if they are going to do the refund on the super Pershing. I hope they do I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for your input.

I love my IS-6, which I have about 1.2k battles in. It's funded most of my tanks when I choose to make money in it, and boosted my WR when I decide to break even and shoot gold all night.

Its a great tank to carry in, gets amazing matchmaking, and is one of the best side scraping tanks I've played. It doesn't play exceptional in an open map, like it does in a city map, but it has good camo values and with a highly trained crew and the new accuracy update, it can be used as a sniper if it's necessary.

Its pen is very sub par, it uses an identical gun to the IS-3 before the BL-9, so you'll usually have to take advantage of the tanks ability to side scrape to get close enough to hit weak spots. If you get overrun by a med, you do have a chance for a lucky bounce off the side or back, but the tank inherently catches fire when the shots do pen due to its huge fuel tank and engine hit boxes.

I've said it about 4 times already, but I'll emphasize it once more, the IS-6 is great at side scraping; you won't get into tier 10 matches, but if you do with platooning, the IS-6 can sometimes bounce tier 10 TD shots if its angled correctly... (ofc the TD driver has to be dumb enough to shoot at such an angle) Don't get the IS-6 if you plan to play it like an IS-3, it really can't take shots off the front at all from its own tier, if you don't know how to side scrape correctly, either don't get the IS-6, or do and learn fast. It easily makes 1 to 2 million credits a night (16-35 games) with premium. That assumes you are playing near the top every game, even on losses; but the tank will still make 30-60k if you play well enough. I would say with prem I average 60-80k per game depending on my WR for the night.

A word of warning though. I bought the IS-6 shortly before I finished the IS-3 grind to the IS-8. For about the first 200 battles getting used to the IS-6 I absolutely hated it and wished I hadn't bought it. It took about those first 200 games to really get a hang of the tank, and another 600 matches to really fine tune and use the tank to its greatest advantages. Ofc, I only had 2k battles at the time, so maybe a lot of that was just me getting used to the game as well.

Pure income I need mainly credits so I can buy the tanks I want to play. 

While the ones above are correct that the 8.8 and the T34 have the best credit multipliers (to my knowledge), the flaw in them is that that's all they do.  An IS-6 if played with silver ammo also prints credits, just at a SLIGHTLY lower rate.  Mixing your shell types gives you a great tank that still nets 30k+ if you're a good shot.  Playing it with pure gold is the carry-hard special (there's a reason it's on the "Keep Calm and Carry" shirt).  A triple IS6 all-gold platoon might as well be cheating.

Basically what I'm saying is that the IS6 gives you 95% of the credit earning potential, but also has the flexibility to do other things too.  You can make up the difference in credits by playing just one extra game in it, and personally I think that playing a high-potential tank like that is worth the time rather than play slow miserable credit grinders like the SP, T34, and especially 8.8.

While the ones above are correct that the 8.8 and the T34 have the best credit multipliers (to my knowledge), the flaw in them is that that's all they do.  An IS-6 if played with silver ammo also prints credits, just at a SLIGHTLY lower rate.  Mixing your shell types gives you a great tank that still nets 30k+ if you're a good shot.  Playing it with pure gold is the carry-hard special (there's a reason it's on the "Keep Calm and Carry" shirt).  A triple IS6 all-gold platoon might as well be cheating.

Basically what I'm saying is that the IS6 gives you 95% of the credit earning potential, but also has the flexibility to do other things too.  You can make up the difference in credits by playing just one extra game in it, and personally I think that playing a high-potential tank like that is worth the time rather than play slow miserable credit grinders like the SP, T34, and especially 8.8.

I love my IS-6, which I have about 1.2k battles in. It's funded most of my tanks when I choose to make money in it, and boosted my WR when I decide to break even and shoot gold all night.

Its a great tank to carry in, gets amazing matchmaking, and is one of the best side scraping tanks I've played. It doesn't play exceptional in an open map, like it does in a city map, but it has good camo values and with a highly trained crew and the new accuracy update, it can be used as a sniper if it's necessary.

Its pen is very sub par, it uses an identical gun to the IS-3 before the BL-9, so you'll usually have to take advantage of the tanks ability to side scrape to get close enough to hit weak spots. If you get overrun by a med, you do have a chance for a lucky bounce off the side or back, but the tank inherently catches fire when the shots do pen due to its huge fuel tank and engine hit boxes.

I've said it about 4 times already, but I'll emphasize it once more, the IS-6 is great at side scraping; you won't get into tier 10 matches, but if you do with platooning, the IS-6 can sometimes bounce tier 10 TD shots if its angled correctly... (ofc the TD driver has to be dumb enough to shoot at such an angle) Don't get the IS-6 if you plan to play it like an IS-3, it really can't take shots off the front at all from its own tier, if you don't know how to side scrape correctly, either don't get the IS-6, or do and learn fast. It easily makes 1 to 2 million credits a night (16-35 games) with premium. That assumes you are playing near the top every game, even on losses; but the tank will still make 30-60k if you play well enough. I would say with prem I average 60-80k per game depending on my WR for the night.

A word of warning though. I bought the IS-6 shortly before I finished the IS-3 grind to the IS-8. For about the first 200 battles getting used to the IS-6 I absolutely hated it and wished I hadn't bought it. It took about those first 200 games to really get a hang of the tank, and another 600 matches to really fine tune and use the tank to its greatest advantages. Ofc, I only had 2k battles at the time, so maybe a lot of that was just me getting used to the game as well.

Thank you for your input folks ill have some thinking to do. 

The FCM may be a good alternative to the more profitable tanks if you want something with preferred MM.  It makes more money in reality than the IS-6 does, because it doesn't need nearly as many premium rounds, but it is a flat out worse tank - it has heavy tank camo, medium mobility, and medium armor - and will get chewed up by most of the tanks it faces.

But it is flexible, fun, and challenging to play, so when you do well, it's more satisfying than blobbing IS-6s wherever for the win.

Here is a very simple explanation on each premium:

T34 - Not a carry tank, makes decent credits. Main purpose is to grind American Heavy crews.

Lowe - Basically a worse Tiger II that makes a lot of credits. Only problem I have with this tank is the gun depression, believe it or not.

IS-6 (Special Match Making) - The carry premium. Fun to play, and the perfect Soviet Heavy crew trainer. Does not make as many credits as other premiums. ::Recommended if you just want a fun Heavy to play::

JagdTiger8.8 (Special Match Making) - The only premium I have not played. I have heard it is either very good, or terrible, from my friends that play it. Simply put, I do not know about this tank.

SU-122-44 - One of the best damn TD's I have ever played, it does everything well. Gun depression, obviously is a bit of a problem. ::Recommended if you just want a fun Tank Destroyer to play::

AT-15A - It has decent armour, however a lot of obvious weak-spots. Like all British TD's the gun is great. The problem with the AT-15A is that is see tier IX's and only has 850 hit points. The tank would be a lot better if it was tier VIII maximum. Perfect British TD crew trainer.

FCM 50t (Special Match Making) - This is the perfect platoon tank, usually played when you have two other IS-6's. One of the best money-makers as it's shells have 212 pen and only cost 255 credits. Fun tank, however hard to carry on your own with it, use it's speed and accurate gun to get cheeky-shots on the enemy whenever they are distracted. The best damn ramming tank in the game.

Another tank to look at is the E-25. From what I hear it is one of the best sniper TD's with it's excellent camouflage rating and accurate gun. I have not played it, however it might be something to look into before you make your choice.

Banish, great post. Even though I am not the OP, I found it very informative.

Where would you say the Type 59 falls in the above? I've got one from when they were still in the shop and it is my only premium. Is its income potential good enough that I don't need another credit grinder?

Where would you say the Type 59 falls in the above? I've got one from when they were still in the shop and it is my only premium. Is its income potential good enough that I don't need another credit grinder?

If you would like a large review I can create one, however in the same style as above:

Type 59 (Special Match Making) - A fun tank to play, basically a semi-armoured medium, with a very thick turret. With -7° of depression the gun has better depression than most if not all Chinese tanks. Poor acceleration which has some tankers using Oil, as well as the entire right(?) side of the tank being an ammo rack are the main drawbacks of the Type 59. It's gun has pretty low penetration as well with 181mm so you have to be careful with your shots. This is generally why you see a lot of Types firing premium ammo. A fun medium that does not make a lot of credits compared to other premiums.

Sorry for being a bit longer, hope this helps!

Really informative post Banish and is going to influence my decision when I buy my next premium. Really stuck on whether to get the 44 or the IS-6. Would the training benefits for the 122-44 even be valid as it doesn't fit the entire top tier crew? IS-6 can be used to train IS-3 crew but I don't plan on any other russian heavies.What you have to say about the 122-44 really makes me want it so I may end up going with that. Now for me to figure out which russian TD line to do.

i really should pick up the fcm..... im thinking after the t57 whinenerf the french high end autoloaders will become relevant.

t34 makes money even if you do nothing... 25k on a loss with you doing nothing is rather normal. on a good win, you can bank 120k net. pity its such a pos tank and a bitch to play. i wish i could dump mine on somebody else

is6 really needs prem spam to be remotely effective. low end on the standard is 129pen before rng. i run extra rations on mine (20k per game) and profits are down to a standard tank levels, and a neg on a loss depending on performance/shots fired.

The FCM may be a good alternative to the more profitable tanks if you want something with preferred MM.  It makes more money in reality than the IS-6 does, because it doesn't need nearly as many premium rounds, but it is a flat out worse tank - it has heavy tank camo, medium mobility, and medium armor - and will get chewed up by most of the tanks it faces.

But it is flexible, fun, and challenging to play, so when you do well, it's more satisfying than blobbing IS-6s wherever for the win.

Yeah thats why im torn on it because of the armor. 

Here is a very simple explanation on each premium:

T34 - Not a carry tank, makes decent credits. Main purpose is to grind American Heavy crews.

Lowe - Basically a worse Tiger II that makes a lot of credits. Only problem I have with this tank is the gun depression, believe it or not.

IS-6 (Special Match Making) - The carry premium. Fun to play, and the perfect Soviet Heavy crew trainer. Does not make as many credits as other premiums. ::Recommended if you just want a fun Heavy to play::

JagdTiger8.8 (Special Match Making) - The only premium I have not played. I have heard it is either very good, or terrible, from my friends that play it. Simply put, I do not know about this tank.

SU-122-44 - One of the best damn TD's I have ever played, it does everything well. Gun depression, obviously is a bit of a problem. ::Recommended if you just want a fun Tank Destroyer to play::

AT-15A - It has decent armour, however a lot of obvious weak-spots. Like all British TD's the gun is great. The problem with the AT-15A is that is see tier IX's and only has 850 hit points. The tank would be a lot better if it was tier VIII maximum. Perfect British TD crew trainer.

FCM 50t (Special Match Making) - This is the perfect platoon tank, usually played when you have two other IS-6's. One of the best money-makers as it's shells have 212 pen and only cost 255 credits. Fun tank, however hard to carry on your own with it, use it's speed and accurate gun to get cheeky-shots on the enemy whenever they are distracted. The best damn ramming tank in the game.

Another tank to look at is the E-25. From what I hear it is one of the best sniper TD's with it's excellent camouflage rating and accurate gun. I have not played it, however it might be something to look into before you make your choice.

This is really helpful thank you for your post.

Well i started the topic for information so im glad the other posters who helped me was able to help you.

If you would like a large review I can create one, however in the same style as above:

Type 59 (Special Match Making) - A fun tank to play, basically a semi-armoured medium, with a very thick turret. With -7° of depression the gun has better depression than most if not all Chinese tanks. Poor acceleration which has some tankers using Oil, as well as the entire right(?) side of the tank being an ammo rack are the main drawbacks of the Type 59. It's gun has pretty low penetration as well with 181mm so you have to be careful with your shots. This is generally why you see a lot of Types firing premium ammo. A fun medium that does not make a lot of credits compared to other premiums.

Sorry for being a bit longer, hope this helps!

Again thanks for the post the information is really helpful.

Really informative post Banish and is going to influence my decision when I buy my next premium. Really stuck on whether to get the 44 or the IS-6. Would the training benefits for the 122-44 even be valid as it doesn't fit the entire top tier crew? IS-6 can be used to train IS-3 crew but I don't plan on any other russian heavies.What you have to say about the 122-44 really makes me want it so I may end up going with that. Now for me to figure out which russian TD line to do.

Yeah it helped me to.

I'm posting this from the perspective of a decently seasoned Super Pershing driver who might be sitting on a extra 7000 gold in 8.8 and will be looking to upgrade

I feel the need to bump this thread because a new thread would be stupid.  Anyways my main question is what is the point/playstyle of a Lowe?  I don't plan on buying one because it doesn't play to my own strong points, but i see a few people from time to time say they like the tank.  Are they just stupid?

So anyways besides being a sniper what the hell can it do to be effective?

The others seem simple

IS6-Armor and mobility with tradeoff of penetration (i already drive super pershing so i can't see how this would be harder to master, its just a huge plus that it encourages good techniques like angling and sidescraping, and Superpershing has already taught me well about what a 170 pen gun can and cant do),

T34 might be a bit sluggish but good credit potential, and to its favor its playstyle completely reflects that of Americans, basically a Super-turret with no hull armor, but enough gun depression to make up for it and hulldown like a beast.

FCM 50T, No Armor but so long as you know that it can't be that bad with its great gun, cheap ammo, and nice speed, Jgtiger88- DPM, cover your lower hull, dont get flanked.

Lowe has nice turret and nice gun besides iffy ROF, but how does it defend itself? I remember fearing one once when i first got my super pershing, but that was only because i was shooting at its lower plate at point blank range with standard ammo, ever since then i just see dollar signs whenever one appears infront of me.

FCM50T still flanks me, IS6 causes me to spam gold, and T34 atleast can scare me with the its big gun pointing just over the crest of a hill.

T34-3 and T44 premium will be interesting but I'm not gonna consider them until other people have spent money on them and i can get some ingame impressions on them, although a money making medium is a neat idea in my opinion (i <3 flanking, o often refer to my SP as flankypershing if you can believe that, and its probably the worst platform to do so)

I feel the need to bump this thread because a new thread would be stupid. 

Somebody give this man a medal. Unfortunately, I don't have a Lowe so I can't tell you how it plays.

I have a Lowe, T34 and 59 at tier 8. The 59 is the most fun to play - so perhaps the new chinese med is worth waiting for, since it's roughly similar. You can try it on test.

Lowe makes the most money per shot BUT it also sucks the most IMO. Or maybe i just truly don't get how to play it. Having to hang back, support and defend makes me rage.

I'm posting this from the perspective of a decently seasoned Super Pershing driver who might be sitting on a extra 7000 gold in 8.8 and will be looking to upgrade

I feel the need to bump this thread because a new thread would be stupid.  Anyways my main question is what is the point/playstyle of a Lowe?  I don't plan on buying one because it doesn't play to my own strong points, but i see a few people from time to time say they like the tank.  Are they just stupid?

So anyways besides being a sniper what the hell can it do to be effective?

The others seem simple

IS6-Armor and mobility with tradeoff of penetration (i already drive super pershing so i can't see how this would be harder to master, its just a huge plus that it encourages good techniques like angling and sidescraping, and Superpershing has already taught me well about what a 170 pen gun can and cant do),

T34 might be a bit sluggish but good credit potential, and to its favor its playstyle completely reflects that of Americans, basically a Super-turret with no hull armor, but enough gun depression to make up for it and hulldown like a beast.

FCM 50T, No Armor but so long as you know that it can't be that bad with its great gun, cheap ammo, and nice speed, Jgtiger88- DPM, cover your lower hull, dont get flanked.

Lowe has nice turret and nice gun besides iffy ROF, but how does it defend itself? I remember fearing one once when i first got my super pershing, but that was only because i was shooting at its lower plate at point blank range with standard ammo, ever since then i just see dollar signs whenever one appears infront of me.

FCM50T still flanks me, IS6 causes me to spam gold, and T34 atleast can scare me with the its big gun pointing just over the crest of a hill.

T34-3 and T44 premium will be interesting but I'm not gonna consider them until other people have spent money on them and i can get some ingame impressions on them, although a money making medium is a neat idea in my opinion (i <3 flanking, o often refer to my SP as flankypershing if you can believe that, and its probably the worst platform to do so)

Fuck the Lowe. That's the best advice I can give you. I bought a T34 and a Lowe at the same time year and a half ago. I rage sold the Lowe.

It's mantlet/turret is troll armor, has good depression (for german especially) but the turret ring is a weakspot, and the front hull LFP is weak/flat. The UFP is ok if angled. But it's so slow, and tier8+ will blast through your armor. The gun is great, but sniping is the worst role in WoT. Don't buy the Lowe. The people that play them already had them, and now just use them to grind credits/train crews. There are so many other better premiums to buy.

T34 is good if you want a high-tier american heavy trainer, that gun is great, but I hope you enjoy the T29 chasis. It's about as fast as a Lowe, and that aimtime is horrible, but it's more workable imo than the Lowe. The T34 has that boomstick, and when I play my IS-6 I hate them. T34 can AP pen frontally basically everything. 250 AP pen, you really will almost never need APCR rounds, except against E-100/maus like stuff.

I love my FCM 50T. the jag88 i've heard mixed reviews. It's slow and a TD which limits it's effectiveness, gold rounds negate your armor advantage atm, but dat DPM and low cost rounds is sexy.

I sold my Lowe.

I will be selling my SP.

Out of all the T8 Prems I have owned (SP, T34, Lowe, JT88, FCM, IS-6, KV-5 and Type 59) only the Lowe was so tedious that I barely played it, while the SP is similarly weak.

I sold the Lowe....twice.  

I have the T34, KV-5, JT 8.8, Pz B2, Pz S 35 & Type 62.  I really don't enjoy of play any of them much anymore other than the S 35.

I sold the Lowe....twice.  

I have the T34, KV-5, JT 8.8, Pz B2, Pz S 35 & Type 62.  I really don't enjoy of play any of them much anymore other than the S 35.

I think in terms of fun to play my current preference looks like this:

1. SU-122-44 -> Nothing is more fun than thrashing everything you see from the sides and rear
  2. SU-100Y -> Basically like the ISU except it actually has decent mobility and hence is not a painful to play
  3. KV-5 -> Great for pubstomping and trolling
  4. IS-6 -> Great for pubstomping
  5. Everything else (SP, T34, JT88, FCM 50t, Type 59, Type 62) -> Earn silver, but not so much fun