Sign in to follow this  
FreddBoy

Even MOAR Siegfried Line Map Changes.

Lo and behold, Siegfried Line is gonna get a few changes, shown here:

PGtIZvT.jpg

1 - Added forest
2 - Removed the valley (terrain leveled)
3 - Removed the bunker that gave advantage to one side
4 - The hills were reworked a bit
5 - Changed the way the players can shoot through the bunkers

Dont know what to think really about this, adding soft cover to advance might be nice, and maybe flatening the North area will be more forgiving for slow tanks that spawn in the dip.

What do you guys think?

WG: Making the game more oriented towards Tomatos and Löwe-drivers :P

Right now light tanks seem completely waste of time for me. They are just crappy medium tanks and scouting isn't really necesary; most newly reworked maps seem to create funnels and "brwaling areas", so just basically just have to drive there, wait and shoot peopl in the face as much as you can before arty makes you go boom.

I'm skeptical, let's see.

Only change I dont like here is the forest. SL encounter was viable for spotting missions, after this change there is one less map for that (and there arent many to begin with). We will see how well it will be received.

Good changes. West side needs more cover as it was mostly suicide or at least one way trip at higher tiers to go there. Also removing north cap valley is good, it had no role at all except assault-mode.

Well until I can test this on the CT, It's hard to say if this will work out. I will say that I think WG needs to carefully balance the effectiveness of a flanking attack from the field in a way that prevents easy fast-caps, but still allows them to punish enemy heavies for hard-camping their side of the city.

Speaking of which, I would personally like to see the city expanded a bit, it feels a little too cramped.

I still think this map needs some good clicker cover in the fields though, arty is one of 3 reasons why I never go field on this map.

WG: Making the game more oriented towards Tomatos and Löwe-drivers :P

Right now light tanks seem completely waste of time for me. They are just crappy medium tanks and scouting isn't really necesary; most newly reworked maps seem to create funnels and "brwaling areas", so just basically just have to drive there, wait and shoot peopl in the face as much as you can before arty makes you go boom.

I'm skeptical, let's see.

Siegfried is already pretty much useless for scouts and lighter mediums. They cant really make it much worse so I dont understand why you are complaining about these changes.

Now having a chance to see the changes, I'm actually impressed at how well thought out they are.

1. Adding of the forest here is a very welcome addition. Field currently is a death trap if you are spotted, so having some proper concealment is welcome. Allows sneaky access to the middle without getting nuked by stealth TD's and LT's.

2. THANK FUCK. The valley was a gimmick that gimped anyone spawning in it in a slow vehicle. If the enemy team has lots of faster tanks, GG you've lost lots of map control due to no fault of your own. Base camping tanks were a twat due to having to expose yourself as even -20 gun depression would struggle to hit anyone at the bottom.

3. Not shure about here, anyone know how it favoured one side than the other? Is it linked someway to the to number 5?

4. Probably added a dip to allow you to cover-move-cover to the safety of the ridge road, as these raised areas were scary no man's land of TD and west city HT rape.

5. Aww. I used to enjoy blasting unsuspecting pubbies through the gun slits in the bunkers, but in low down, hull down effective tanks, they were terribly abusable and I guess it's better to the flow of the map. Spots through here were cheeky as fuck too.

All in all, seems pretty reasonable in my eyes. But I hope they don't screw options 3 and 4 too much, because an equal meta is better than the city or GTFO meta we have currently.

2. THANK FUCK. The valley was a gimmick that gimped anyone spawning in it in a slow vehicle. If the enemy team has lots of faster tanks, GG you've lost lots of map control due to no fault of your own. Base camping tanks were a twat due to having to expose yourself as even -20 gun depression would struggle to hit anyone at the bottom.

THIS.

Hopefully there will still be some sniping opportunities from field into town.

I hate to say it, but it seems like the most recent map changes actually had a little thought behind them.