Xen

Is there some sort of proper review of the Weeaboo HTs?

Something like the good old tank comparisons Garbad did? I've seen comments and opinions in chats and forums all over the place, but nothing quite extensive and people have lots of different opinions, and knowing how fucking dumb most people and their opinion are, it's not really possible to draw any conclusions.

I'd be particularly interested in T8 and T10 usefulness in SHs and CWs, resistance to (gold) ammo of the same tier, comparison between similar tanks of other nations, ease of grinds, etc.

1. ) T10 Jap = Maus = No use in CW or SHs // T8 Jap = KV-4 = No use in CW or SHs

2.) Nothing has a resistance to gold ammo (can't sidescrape like a Maus to absorb everything but lets be honest, who shoots a Maus when its angled perfectly) It has some flat parts and is kinda easy to pen if you shoot it right.

3.) see 1.)

4.) Free xp to Tier 5 -> Play the Tier 6 -> Free xp the Tier 7 -> Play the Tier 8 -> If you want play the Tier 9 or free xp it -> T10 basically the T9 but a bit better

They are pretty much useless for SH since gold of equal tier tanks can easily just penetrate the frontal plate/turretfront (the tier 9/10 dont even get a gunmantlet, so unless you hit the gun directly it is a relativly easy penetration for gold), and that isn´t really what you want from your superheavy tank.

The guns are pretty shitty for both the tier 8 and 10, the gun of the tier 10 is a mix between the Maus- and the E-100-gun in terms of alpha and dpm, but its goldrounds only have a penetration of 282 (though it is AP) so you will start having problems penetrating an unangled turretfront of an E-100 or an angled hull of an IS-7 plus the bloomvalues are worse on the Types gun than on the E-100s gun...

The tier 8 doesn´t even get goldounds on its topgun (which is the reason why I believe that the 150mm gun is better than the 105mm gun...)

So yeah, useless in SH/CW, annoying to play in world of clickers, fun in randoms if you are top tier and the enemies refuse to shoot gold at you.

The only tank I would consider to be worth playing is the tier 5 (it is stupidly OP imo) since it is a quite mobile 100 ton tank with a stupidly big gun for its tier, the other tanks in the line are too situational for me.

So there's absolutely no reason to choose these things over the naziboxes? Does he height help the jap heavies with anything? There must be some new exploitable spots on a lot of maps?

So there's absolutely no reason to choose these things over the naziboxes? Does he height help the jap heavies with anything? There must be some new exploitable spots on a lot of maps?

From what I have seen so far (mainly Foch's streams) you cannot really exploit many spots because you are either slow and don't get there in time or your bad gun depression prevents you from using it effectively. Bad gun depression to the front also prevents you from face hugging and shooting through roof of other tanks.

You can block off certain parts of the map because of their size if you care about that, but the Maus is just as good/better due to the weight at doing that.

Other than that the types gun is mounted at about the same height as the Maus-gun, so any spot that would work for the type would also work for the maus, but the lack of reliable turretarmor wouldn´t give you a huge tactical advantage anyway should you find such a spot.

I saw someone from villin in tier 10 stronks make a nuisance of themselves on the traintracks of prok with the type5 with some odd positioning (and the overall thickness combined with the angles made it prettymuch impossible to pen)

it isnt really popular though so I havent seen much of it

I do want to mention that they are probably the "easiest" grind in the game. They come with their elite turrets, they use the same engine from t5 to t9, the t6/7/8 all can use the same 15cm, and most of them don't even need the tracks.

The T5 is overpowered, everything above it doesn't matter because they are too slow.

You piece of shit aren't even on my friends list :doge: 

When the fuck did you even start playing again and not sending me platooninvites u fgt

Edited by Xen

Highlights of the line are tiers 5 (300 alpha, wtf) and 6 (ridiculous armour and good gun when top tier). Tier 7 is the biggest tank in game so I'm getting that for the lulz. Tier 8 is utter garbage and makes the KV-4 look overpowered. 

Tier 8 with the 15cm looks to be a big improvement over the tier 7 with the 15cm. It reloads MUCH quicker, has incredibly better gun handling (both innately and because vstab), much better frontal armor (175 with pockets of 150mm -> 220mm with pockets of 200mm), better side armor, and its a tiny bit smaller. If the tier 8 is utter garbage than the tier 7 definitely is too.

Tier 8 with the 15cm looks to be a big improvement over the tier 7 with the 15cm. It reloads MUCH quicker, has incredibly better gun handling (both innately and because vstab), much better frontal armor (175 with pockets of 150mm -> 220mm with pockets of 200mm), better side armor, and its a tiny bit smaller. If the tier 8 is utter garbage than the tier 7 definitely is too.

+1 the 7 is mediocre at best, the armour is just not enough.
The 8 has armour that is more usable and reliable plus that 15cm is lolz. Baiting shots with the frontal armour angled on corners then rolling out and derping with the 15cm's HE just make my inner child giggle.

That 15cm makes it more viable in tier 10 matches plus those Waffles just want to make friends when you appear throwing HE rounds.

Edited by GazT4R

How can they be weeaboo if nobody in their right mind would want to play them?
If anything, driving them makes you a westaboo simply because almost anything else would be better. (Yes, I'm ignoring the tier 5 one, but still.)

Simply put Xen.

Tiers 1-5: Pretty strong when in their TIER, other than that they're pretty ok when mid or bottom tier

5-7: ehhhhhhhhh

8-10: O-Ho kicks ass when top tier, mid to bottom it struggles.  Tier 9 is bleah, 10 is laughable

Tier 1 strong cuz armor.

Tier 2 strong cuz alpha and DPM.

Tier 3 meh.

Tier 4 very meh.

Tier 5 quite good.  Might be OP overall, but crap turret armor and awful gold pen are massive weaknesses.

Here's my opinions on Tiers 1-5 posted in the Jap subforum:

Edited by FlorbFnarb