Swoopie

Red fuel tanks = Fire, right?

As you can see at 4:50, veits fuel tanks get destroyed (=go red) from the shot by E50M, yet no fire? Is Leopard protected by some speshul antifire device or am I missing something here?

Edit: The replay is here: http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=104959#personal But cant view it to check if it's only a bug in video recorders client, as it is from 9.6.

Edited by Swoopie

Red fuel tanks do mean fire... right? you can have a red engine with no fire but you can't move, fuel tanks don't seem to actually do anything except get set on fire.

As you can see at 4:50, veits fuel tanks get destroyed (=go red) from the shot by E50M, yet no fire? Is Leopard protected by some speshul antifire device or am I missing something here?

Edit: The replay is here: http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=104959#personal But cant view it to check if it's only a bug in video recorders client, as it is from 9.6.

Has to be some sort of bug, never seen this before, and it doesnt make sense either :P

I guess the fuel tanks were yellow, but the color is simply wrong, since as you said, red = fire

It is a display/replaybug, the fueltank on the leopard has a hp of 200 whereas 105mm guns get a moduledamage of only 150 so even with a 25% highroll he wouldn´t have destroyed it with a single shot (and the previous shot by the IS-3 didn´t damage the fuel tanks either)

My guess is that he either destroyed the surveying device or the radio but the replay showed just the wrong module as being destroyed.

Ammunition is prolly made in Italy, a huge let down like Italy and their tanks in general :serb: 
Do they even have their own btw ?

Yeah we do, most of the WW2 tanks are just light tanks, a few medium tanks and the heavy tank P40 (more of a medium if you ask me). The more recent designs involve stuff like the Centauro (TD) and the Ariete (MBT). Our army uses foreign designs as the leopard as far as I know, together with a few 100s Ariete, the italian stuff like centauro is mostly produced to be sold.

The italian wheeled TDs can also be seen in armored warfare ;)

More famous italian designs are the AFVs and the infantry transport vehicles like the Puma or Lince, produced by IVECO (the truck company).
Also notable are the Freccia and the Dardo.

the numbers of produced vehicles are really low, yet we have designs of our own :) (yes they probably drive faster backwards than forwards :P

EDIT: sorry for the OT

Edited by Britzz