A couple of the recent Q&A's have mentioned that wg is considering changing the crew system to be like what is used in the ships game.  I haven't played that, so how would that look?  Also, wouldn't they face a lot of backlash from changing the current crew system when so many people have spent lots of gold on training crews?

+ no more useless radiomen in barracks

---------- no more female crew

Well you'd still have a female commander. Not sure how they plan to normalize a crew of different exp levels across an entire crew.

----- retraining will get more expensive. right now you can tweak a crewman for 100-200 gold to trade in a skill for perk but with the WoWs model you always refresh all of the crew skills for increasing costs.

Also, you are limited in what skills you can choose by a progression method, 5 tiers, must have 1 of previous tier before advancing, and a limited amount of points, in game currently (tanks) you can have all the skills and perks you like if you play the crew enough. In ships, your commander can only have a certain amount, so you actually have to make important choices.

The only thing I like from the WOWS system is that you can slap any class crew into any class prem ship. IE: I could slap my Obj 140 crew into my IS-5 if I felt like it. Other than that, I don't like the points distribution for skills in WOWS. Too limiting.

I know I'll be pissed if they get rid of my girl crews.  It's pretty much the only reason I've been trying to do the missions.  Also, what about the dog in the Rudy?  Won't somebody think of the dog?

I know I'll be pissed if they get rid of my girl crews.  It's pretty much the only reason I've been trying to do the missions.  Also, what about the dog in the Rudy?  Won't somebody think of the dog?

Ban me for this but...

chinese-food_o_1752971.jpg

Call me old fashion, but I like the crew system that we currently have in WoT. I am not a huge fan of the crew system in WOWS, but it somewhat works for that game. I dont think you can translate that system into one that will work will in a WOT context. Heck, I even think WOWS's crew system would be better if it more closely mirrored WOTs. Players like to be given options and flexibility, not have them taken away. There are a lot of other things that WG needs to address in WOT before tinkering with a system that it's player base actually likes.

Call me old fashion, but I like the crew system that we currently have in WoT. I am not a huge fan of the crew system in WOWS, but it somewhat works for that game. I dont think you can translate that system into one that will work will in a WOT context. Heck, I even think WOWS's crew system would be better if it more closely mirrored WOTs. Players like to be given options and flexibility, not have them taken away. There are a lot of other things that WG needs to address in WOT before tinkering with a system that it's player base actually likes.

yeah, like fixing equipment, many equipment is useless...

Simple fixes:

• Cyclone filter, inreases engine hp by 50% and gives 10% extra hp (like rammer gives 10% more dpm)
  • Enhanced suspension, increase load capacity by 10% and reduce terrain resistance on all grounds by 10%
  • Fill tanks with CO2, reduce firechance by 50% and reduce dmg takes by fire with 50% (works on engine and fuel tank fires)

That way all equipment is sort of usefull, on IS7 the reduced terrain resistance is nice, while E75 can use the extra hp, KV4 or Fv 215b might benefit more from CO2 (since you can then run food safely)

Its so simple, but WG beiing WG....

Or, you know, allowing us to filter our tanks by Tier in the garage.........

Or, you know, allowing us to filter our tanks by Tier in the garage.........

yeah, thats also a feature which should have been ingame since what, close beta?

The moment they added garage filters, adding a tier filter was as logical as adding a nation or class filter...

If they change the crew to one, then...only one crew member can be injured? Med kit consumables (at least big ones) will become less potent...

In the end, a vehicle that at most had a 5-6 man crew, it makes sense to have all crew members...on a vehicle that had at least 400 men and in many cases, well over 1000, I guess just having the commander makes sense...

who was it that said, if it aint broke, don't fix it?

Also, I must be misunderstanding, but you can select the garage to only display certain tiers, right? Don't show me tier 4 tanks etc...by just selecting what you want to show...or is that an XVM mode?

Edited by capt-jay

If they change the crew to one, then...only one crew member can be injured? Med kit consumables (at least big ones) will become less potent...

In the end, a vehicle that at most had a 5-6 man crew, it makes sense to have all crew members...on a vehicle that had at least 400 men and in many cases, well over 1000, I guess just having the commander makes sense...

who was it that said, if it aint broke, don't fix it?

Also, I must be misunderstanding, but you can select the garage to only display certain tiers, right? Don't show me tier 4 tanks etc...by just selecting what you want to show...or is that an XVM mode?

That is an XVM mode, they haven't made it a standard part of the game.

And WG's motto seems to be, "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is."

[...]

It's XVM.

yeah, thats also a feature which should have been ingame since what, close beta?

The moment they added garage filters, adding a tier filter was as logical as adding a nation or class filter...

Hey, on current physics test it's possible to enlarge a minimap. There's a hope for tier filter (2016?).

ZgU0zJM.jpg

yeah, like fixing equipment, many equipment is useless...

Simple fixes:

• Cyclone filter, inreases engine hp by 50% and gives 10% extra hp (like rammer gives 10% more dpm)
  • Enhanced suspension, increase load capacity by 10% and reduce terrain resistance on all grounds by 10%
  • Fill tanks with CO2, reduce firechance by 50% and reduce dmg takes by fire with 50% (works on engine and fuel tank fires)

That way all equipment is sort of usefull, on IS7 the reduced terrain resistance is nice, while E75 can use the extra hp, KV4 or Fv 215b might benefit more from CO2 (since you can then run food safely)

Yeah, they have to know that there is some equipment that hardly ever gets used.  The same thing goes for skills.  Sixth Sense is op compared to every other skill and some skills are nearly pointless.  They need to improve on that, not revamp the entire way that crews work. 

The current system allows you to collect all the most important skills and avoid the dreck.
The WOWS has a path to take, and binary choices to make.

Players think they want everything, and the first feels more appealing, because you can complete all your favorite skills.

But there is a case to be made that forcing decisions between two good options, and losing the un-chosen option is much more interesting.  This is the reason why I always oppose people who want WG to add a fourth equipment slot.  If you added a 4th, often the choice would go from being an easily debatable item, to "just take all four good pieces".  Four equipment might be interesting if there were 10 candidates, but we are nowhere near that high. 

However, my choice for how to improve WOT skills/equipment would not be to radically change the mechanics, but to balance the power between them all.  
Right now some are 10s, and some are 0's on the power scale.  If you buffed the crap equip/skills, and nerfed the premo equipment/skills, we would probably be having more interesting debates about what to use and why. 

I don't see a decent way for the WoWS Cdr skill matrix to get moved to WoT. Does BIA become a 4 point skill? does 6th become a 1 point skill, like in WoWS?

This seems like a fairly arbitrary Bit of Useless Dev involvement/Executive Meddling. But then again...

And WG's motto seems to be, "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is."

I would be surprised if this actually happens, but I don't expect it for a very long time due to the current work being done on crew skills.

Actually I think Xbox tonks uses the 1 crew member system, it baffles and confuses me... like I like having crew members. not one guy that I train. I just wish some crew members had useful perks/skills or that 1 skill/perk wasn't over poweringly useful that you must have it on (basically) every crew (sixth sense). Like once all crew reach 100 percent, give sixth sense, then let use chose our next set like we do now.

Actually I think Xbox tonks uses the 1 crew member system, it baffles and confuses me... like I like having crew members. not one guy that I train. I just wish some crew members had useful perks/skills or that 1 skill/perk wasn't over poweringly useful that you must have it on (basically) every crew (sixth sense). Like once all crew reach 100 percent, give sixth sense, then let use chose our next set like we do now.

yes.
any auto-include for all is bad design.  decisions are only meaningful if there is more than one right answer.

But it is ESPECIALLY painful for 6th sense.  
6th is the number best in-game teacher of vision mechanics.  The fact that new players are prevented from getting it for 210000 xp is VERY poor design.  They are the people that most need it, and would most benefit form it, and much heartache would be avoided if they had it.  Every tank should get it all the time.  

yes.any auto-include for all is bad design.  decisions are only meaningful if there is more than one right answer.

But it is ESPECIALLY painful for 6th sense.  
6th is the number best in-game teacher of vision mechanics.  The fact that new players are prevented from getting it for 210000 xp is VERY poor design.  They are the people that most need it, and would most benefit form it, and much heartache would be avoided if they had it.  Every tank should get it all the time.  

On Xbox tanks (i play for shits and giggles/unenlightened friends cause its not very good but looks pretty (curse my potato pc)) you get a sixth sense alarm and the option to train sixth sense (didnt learn this till after i started training sixth sense derp) just the sixth sense alarm is allot more noticeable. but even this simple tool makes it easier. I think that once a crew has 100 percent on a tank you should get sixth sense, simply cause it trains players like you said.

But also cause then it adds different chances for crew skills. I mean my leopard and t-54 crews are going onto there 700-800th game and im only at 2.5ish skills. theres still a ton of skills i want for both, we also need to increase the effectiveness of not 100 percent crews (oh woe is WGs gold then right?)

I think Rexxie stated that 50 percent should perform more like the current 75 percent, 75 like the current 90 and 90 close to 100 percent. (or something similar) and that once you get to 100 percent, the growth of games inbetween skills shouldn't be so exponential.

TLDR  to fix crew skills, give us more choice, make training less a 'grind' and make it more welcoming/easier for new/bad players.

P.S. I love how my leopard commander/radio man has to wait till (the end of) skill 4 to get both vision skills but my T-54 commander and loader/radioman can both train the skills separately so ill have both when i start my 4th skill.

Edited by Curo

It's XVM.

Hey, on current physics test it's possible to enlarge a minimap. There's a hope for tier filter (2016?).

Hidden Content

Uhh...isn't resizable minimap a thing in the base game? Since like, forever?

Uhh...isn't resizable minimap a thing in the base game? Since like, forever?

couple years at least. Confused me too.

i don't see this happening for a LONG time, simply because WG hasn't shown any ability to resolve even moderately complex problems, and this presents a LOT.

crew progression is a big gold sink, and trying to figure out how to reduce existing crew into usable "commanders" without pissing off people with well staffed barracks is going to be tough.  Will a bat hat crew and a t34 crew both reduce to one commander?  What about a 2 crew tank?  Will it matter if they are in a premium tank or just what tank they are trained for?  Can they prevent players exploiting the conversion rules (this one is easy: no)

plus us all the issues already noted with crew and medkit gameplay.

They haven't even implemented automatic 6th sense despite talking about it for several years

couple years at least. Confused me too.

i don't see this happening for a LONG time, simply because WG hasn't shown any ability to resolve even moderately complex problems, and this presents a LOT.

crew progression is a big gold sink, and trying to figure out how to reduce existing crew into usable "commanders" without pissing off people with well staffed barracks is going to be tough.  Will a bat hat crew and a t34 crew both reduce to one commander?  What about a 2 crew tank?  Will it matter if they are in a premium tank or just what tank they are trained for?  Can they prevent players exploiting the conversion rules (this one is easy: no)

plus us all the issues already noted with crew and medkit gameplay.

They haven't even implemented automatic 6th sense despite talking about it for several years

How many KV-5 radiomen must die before SerB is satisfied?

#RadioLivesMatter

:feelsbad:

Didn't SerB say at one time that WG'ing was going to make Sixth Sense a default on commanders once they got to 100%?  I don't want them to change the crew arrangements in WoT, too much time invested making my crews the way I want them. 

Shfty©

Didn't SerB say at one time that WG'ing was going to make Sixth Sense a default on commanders once they got to 100%?

That was mentioned a while back yeah, but haven't heard a peep since then.

IMO the WoWs skill setup could work if WG kept the crew configurations as they are now. Replacing the current skill system with a "tiered" one would enable stuff like SS to be placed within the first tier and allow more options for different crewmen (removing the loader and radioman skill shortage problem). It would keep the monetization for WG and arguably simplify the remediation of crew exp for the new system.

Funnily enough this is what AW has gone for (in a way) in their crew system.