nemlengyel

Advice for unlocking the T29

5 minutes ago, boom_town said:

The T1 Heavy was the tank that made me addicted to WoT...it happened May 26th 2013 :D  Play the T1 Heavy!

wa7CsMq.jpg

I HATED the T1 heavy... it was slow, stupid blablabla... then one day I looked at my stats in VBA and saw it was one of the top on exp, WN8, kills etc.... waaait what happened. I looked again and figured after upgrading engine, gun etc... it was doing okay. That's when I started using it for crew training. I don't play tier 5 much anymore but it will not be sold, I even kept the last crew I trained on it :)

1 minute ago, Golem501 said:

I HATED the T1 heavy... it was slow, stupid blablabla... then one day I looked at my stats in VBA and saw it was one of the top on exp, WN8, kills etc.... waaait what happened. I looked again and figured after upgrading engine, gun etc... it was doing okay. That's when I started using it for crew training. I don't play tier 5 much anymore but it will not be sold, I even kept the last crew I trained on it :)

Yea, I actually can say the same.  You can see my shitter crew in the picture (and my T34 where I ruined people's tier 8 games in the carousel LOL).  The tank is like a loaf of bread and all the armor is in the front.  Head on, the T1 Heavy is better than the KV-1, but the KV-1 has armor all around it so its more noob friendly.  I would of kept it too, but I keep moving my crews up and don't want to start over with a new crew so I sell all those tanks, I have regrets.

For the OP, after the T1 Heavy, the M6 changes everything because all that frontal armor is gone...but you get more mobility and a better gun even though you still look like a loaf of bread.  Then it changes all again with the T29 hull down style which is like the trademark of the 'Murican heavy line.   

54 minutes ago, boom_town said:

hull down style which is like the trademark of the 'Murican heavy line

And then you get to tier 9 where random shit pens your turret cheeks and cupola and overmatches your turret roof... still loved the M103 though.

11 minutes ago, Golem501 said:

And then you get to tier 9 where random shit pens your turret cheeks and cupola and overmatches your turret roof... still loved the M103 though.

Yeah!  Sure you have the alien head on top of your tank that can be penned by almost everyone...but all is forgiven when you fire that gun :D

AlienHead.jpg

1 hour ago, boom_town said:

Yeah!  Sure you have the alien head on top of your tank that can be penned by almost everyone...but all is forgiven when you fire that gun :D

AlienHead.jpg

I know... I have shot hull-down M103's right across the banana road on Himmelsdorf with that... silly bugger net got a shot on me though, which is good... 

Like others, I recommend working through the T1 and M6. I enjoyed both tanks, once fully upgraded and they taught me a lot about how to play American Heavies. While I am obviously not a purple player, I believe that the T29 is still my best stats tank and it made the transition to the T32 much less painful for a noob like me, since I had a lot of practice on the play style in the previous 3 tanks. . 

The T32 gun is a bit of an issue, but to me, the black hole turret balances that out. 

Good hunting!

7 hours ago, Golem501 said:

I played the M6 when the KV-1S was still tier 6...

I do not remember it as superstrong but it definitely had it's moments

Pfffft, I don't think I'll unlock it now. Serves no purpose since I'm already grinding for the M103, plus I'm not a masochist who likes to get stomped by oversized Japanese sumo wrestlers every match. There's a reason my only tier 5 remaining is the Bishop, and that I rarely venture into T6 now :P