Canoodian

T-34-3 First impression: A solid and underrated premium tank.

They aren't, the T-34-3 is significantly watered down in order for its preferential matchmaking to be fair. They do feel like mostly the same tank, though. The WZ-120's insane pen values are really the only thing that sets the two tanks apart.

How does this compare against the IS-6?

Same alpha and derpy 122, but T-34-3 is faster/mobile?  ....but not by much?

Seems the IS-6 can play the flanker life style, but with a little more reliable armor?

T-34-3 is much faster, has better turret armor, much more view range, much more camo, and 250 pen HEAT instead of 217 APCR.

IS-6 has much more hull armor, more hp, reloads much quicker, has twice the gun depression, and because it's much slower it also has better gun handling.

They don't really compare, the IS-6 is not a flanker and nothing like a medium. The T-34-3 is very much just a medium with a big boomstick. The IS-6 is a better tank, of course.

I didn't like it, oddly enough. The WZ-120 has really, really bad bloom, even compared to the T-34-3; .16 turret bloom is rough. Despite that, I think the WZ-120 definitely has potential to be closer to good than bad, it's certainly better than the Lorr/AMX 30/Cent/Type 61/Leo Proto. It's just all in working around the gun depression.

I'm actually curious how many of the people saying this is such a bad tank have actually driven one?

I have found a lot of trash talk about certain vehicles in game comes form people who have never actually driven said vehicle and are based entirely on what they have read into the available stats.

Remember, a thousand travel books aren't worth one real trip, so try to keep your minds open and don't believe everything you read...

I like my t-34-3, I just wish it had slightly more gun depression. When tanks get in like 20 feet from you, and you ONLY can shoot their commanders copula is when things start to get hairy. Of course, after they move in on you, you didn't have the heat loaded >.>

Yeah, it can be a huge problem. Was playing mine today and got a touch too close to a T29; suddenly I was forced to start trying (and failing) to pen his cupola & roof. Definitely have to watch your distance in this tank.

Yeah, it can be a huge problem. Was playing mine today and got a touch too close to a T29; suddenly I was forced to start trying (and failing) to pen his cupola & roof. Definitely have to watch your distance in this tank.

Isn't the T29 one of the American heavies that you can take advantage of the shot-trap?

On the mantlet? Don't think you can easily pull that off, getting a ricochet there seems a bit too hard to reliably do. If there's another one, I don't know about it! Haven't ever been in a situation where shot traps mattered.

especially the best premium med.

Better than Zupa Pershing?

I love the T-34-3, though I think it could do with a buff or two - aim time/dispersion could be better for 175 ap pen. If not gun buffs then an armour buff to make it a better brawler or mobility buff to be a better flanker would make it more competitive with the likes of the Type 59.

edit: and of course the gun depression hurts bad - another bad thing that isn't really compensated for.

Edited by Zezti

Both tanks are highly RNG-reliant, that being said, I don't mind playing both. I find the T-34-3 to be more fun. The Super Pershing is reliant on BOTH good RNG and bad enemies, due to the armor layout. T-34-3 is only really dependent on the RNG for the gun. 

And I fire generous amounts of gold from both. 

I personally think the Super Pershing is on a whole 'nother level, and is fairly overpowered currently for its matchmaking. In my mind its currently the top dog premium. Also totes don't agree on it relying on bad enemies, ever since they buffed up the cupolas I haven't been able to reliably penetrate them frontally either. Bad enemies definitely are a requirement if you want to act like a KV-4, but you'll be a bit of a brick regardless. Doesn't have RNG on the gun either, considering that double tapping 2 is so stronk.

T-34-3 is a very good prem med, but it's not the top dog; many prem heavies (namely 111, IS-6, KV-5) are straight up better. Saying the Spersh > IS-6/KV-5 is a big deal for me, because I love those tanks!

I'm actually curious how many of the people saying this is such a bad tank have actually driven one?

I have found a lot of trash talk about certain vehicles in game comes form people who have never actually driven said vehicle and are based entirely on what they have read into the available stats.

I played 90 battles in it and I dislike it quite a bit.

It has several strikes against it that I sell tanks for. 

1. That god awful 175pen 122. I hate that gun. I dont play any tank that uses that gun. Shit pen, shit accuracy, shit gun handling. Every major aspect about the mid tier 122 is pure trash. The sad thing is the T-34-3 has the best gun handling of any mid tier 122, and its still trash.

2. 3 gun depression is unusable. There is no reason to gimp yourself so much by playing a tank with -3

3. Poor profitability compared to its peers (trash gun, heat spam required often) combined with the fact I dont find it enjoyable to play makes it pointless for me to take it out of the garage.

I'm not saying its a bad tank though. I'm just saying it has downsides that I refuse to put myself through.

I played 90 battles in it and I dislike it quite a bit.

It has several strikes against it that I sell tanks for. 

1. That god awful 175pen 122. I hate that gun. I dont play any tank that uses that gun. Shit pen, shit accuracy, shit gun handling. Every major aspect about the mid tier 122 is pure trash. The sad thing is the T-34-3 has the best gun handling of any mid tier 122, and its still trash.

2. 3 gun depression is unusable. There is no reason to gimp yourself so much by playing a tank with -3

3. Poor profitability compared to its peers (trash gun, heat spam required often) combined with the fact I dont find it enjoyable to play makes it pointless for me to take it out of the garage.

I'm not saying its a bad tank though. I'm just saying it has downsides that I refuse to put myself through.

Ah, but you actually played it and made real observations based on your own experience and not simply by reading some stats on the wiki or a random post or two.  I'm not trying to make the case that the 34-3 is a good or bad tank.  Just commenting on people making assumptions with no basis on actual experience and completely ignoring other possible factors like personal enjoyment and the like.

I personally love the tank in spite of it's shortcomings but that is entirely my opinion.  I don't expect anyone to hold the same opinion as me but I do think conclusions should be formed from experience and not anecdotal evidence.

~Cheers~

I don't expect anyone to hold the same opinion as me but I do think conclusions should be formed from experience and not anecdotal evidence.

~Cheers~

^^ There are tanks that I thought looked like trash by stats, then absolutely loved them after actually playing them.

I've played it on friend's account for ~15 games. Enough games to agree with @SchnitzelTruck - Bad 122mm gun is bad. I dislike everything that it stands for - bad gun handling with bad pen and pretty punishing gun dep. even for purples. Thanks, but no thanks.

0 comfort is best way to describe it.