Canoodian

T-34-3 First impression: A solid and underrated premium tank.

2 minutes ago, allied_general said:

Once the crippling depression is fixed around x-mas... I may end up playing it more. So far I still only care to get the doubler with it done once a day.

The gun dep really isnt crippling at all once you learn to deal with it. There actually arent even that many spots it limits you from.

For example on el halluf at the ridge up north where the mediums normally go, an inexperienced 34-3 player might think there is no way to get shots across without being completely exposed but an experienced player will know to get more depression and stay hull down by reversing into the wall at the right angle.

On 11/23/2015, 1:38:05, Canoodian said:

The gun dep really isnt crippling at all once you learn to deal with it. There actually arent even that many spots it limits you from.

For example on el halluf at the ridge up north where the mediums normally go, an inexperienced 34-3 player might think there is no way to get shots across without being completely exposed but an experienced player will know to get more depression and stay hull down by reversing into the wall at the right angle.

This is a super handy skill to have on any tank. Playing ~1000 battles in the T-34-3 taught me how to extract gun depression out of tanks that shouldn't have it. Now I can get insane shots on people from weird angles with tanks that already have great gun depression. (Comet)

Its not so much about not being able to use spots as it is not being able to get too close. It's not that bad of a problem in the T-34-3 because of its high caliber weapon and relatively short stature, but there are definitely times where I've round a corner just to realize I cant actually shoot the lower plate of such and such tank. Sometimes this can't be worked around, as some usual medium tank tactics (like circling or hugging the side of larger tanks) absolutely require you to be in CQC. Other times getting the proper distance is just a time waster, which can hurt in its own way.

So yeah, I'm very happy to be able to have that gun depression.

I've learned in my Su-14-1 arty, that you need to backup somewhere to get gun-depression to shotgun that lite that's coming in for a quick kill... so yes I do know these tricks. Even with -0 depression guns. Ahah!

I've been doing some experimenting with the 34-3... it does indeed seem you can make some credits if you just want to HE spam. It won't penetrate much, but I do try to aim near the tracks to help out the team and get some assists (used to do this a lot in the E-100 for kicks).

The HE unfortunately also is too week though for my tastes, when you look at the armor values of the back of tanks in your own tier... I'll work a bit more on predicting what shell type to use ahead of time. If only intuition actually had a use... like giving a 50% probability... not like the garbage it is now.

Only tanks I have intuition on... are really my E100 because I ran out of skills on it. And even then I never switch a shell type out... are you kidding me? The penalty for failure is too much...

Speaking off, I've been having lots of fun one-shoting the T-34-3... when I'm even lower tier arty. I"m absolutely loving it (when someone else is driving it). So... there is something POSITIVE I have to say about this chinese tank. Ahah!

So, anyone have any opinions on the post-buff T-34-3? :) I just might send in a ticket for this to train up my Chinese med crew (Sold it after winning it in a contest, couldn't stand the -3 gun depression; after playing Chinese tanks for a while I am starting to get the feel ;) )

Mother of god. You wouldnt think that 5 degrees of depression is anything to shake a stick at (Dafuq does that even mean?) but its a massive improvement. No longer do you have to go "Im gonna go here, because the dipshit pubbies left a goatse sized gaping hole...oh wait nope cant get the depression there theres an immeasurable incline."

Now you can use your actually decent turret armor and get shots without exposing basically your entire hull. Do approve 10/10 Thanks WG for making this already epic tank more rapetastic.

Well I submitted a ticket for mine back, and just got it. Wow. I am VERY happy that I did. It's not a hill fighter by any means but having enough gun depression to hull down really makes the difference. I'd recommend it if you can handle derpy guns, 390 damage vs tier 6-7 is devastating, while remaining very competitive at tier 8-9. I have a lot to learn, but I have already gotten my first mark of excellence and I have a feeling I am going to like this tank. 

Threes the charm! My third battle in this tank was quite fun ;) Look at them ram kills :P 

http://wotreplays.com/site/2342981#stats

urgh

Might have to pick this thing up.  Looks pretty decent, and cool_man preaches the 34-3 gospel pretty well.

Just got one and played just one game but I was most suprised by the mobility.  It seems like it scoots around better the the 34-1 and 34-2, both of which I thought are underrated.

It does retain the odd problem of being tiny, so small there are some things you just cant shoot over, like tank wrecks.  

Bought it a long time ago and never sold it, fun with some challenges and a derpy 122mm Chinese boom stick.
Took a 2 month hiatus and came back recently, -5 depression, well thank you very much :):)

I have a ton of credit machines, the IS-6 makes decent credits, the JT88 makes tons, and people tell me the FCM does too...if I ever stop sucking at it.

My SP is fun and is a go-to tank for wins, but my main attraction to the T-34-3 has been a combination of speed and alpha.  I still lament the death of my old KV-1S, and have been looking to find something similar: fast with high non-derp alpha.  The IS-3 is a bit like it, but moar speed is what I'm craving.

The -3 looks like a Type 59 with slightly gimped armor, pen, accuracy and mobility, in exchange for high alpha.

Get itttttt not just because of it's money making potential, but as a fantastic crew trainer as well. Still punchy gun. Feels like a water downed WZ-120.

Played it a few games on friend's account. It may not be great tank but it's hella fun.

ding ding ding... we have a winner

I bought this tank with Christmas money... I never expected to buy it but after toughly enjoying the wz-120 (once I got the bloody thing upgraded) I decided along with the depression buff that i needed to have an actual medium tank with prem MM... also figure it'll help get the 3 skill crew up to 4 skills :)

I've been running it along with my cdc for money making lately... both are very different but very fun tanks for me, sure I could make a little more in the JT88 but that isn't really fun to play...

Just bought it 54 games ago, and it's an excellent damage dealer and credit maker. Doesn't need the HEAT at all, as it has the mobility unlike the IS-6.

Also has weirdly epic ass armor (1140 damage blocked using ass/side when tracked).

However, I can't win in it. 35% win rate.

Gun depression buff wasn't all that great for me, the problem with the tank was never the gun depression, it was the potato gun handling/aim time. Low pen is just icing on the cake. You can't even penetrate the hull of American heavies reliably now with AP, because of those random ass track links that WG thought was a good idea.

It probably doesn't help that I'm innately bad and even worse with tanks with potato gun handling (I don't have patience).

I don't know how I bore this tank back before the buff, but I don't like it anymore. The gun's too potato, and I don't have the patience to drive tanks with bad gun handling nowadays.. Relegated to reserves for now. In fact this tank alone has pretty much turned me off of Chinese tanks, as to me they seem like even derpier Russian tanks, and I already hate how derpy the Russian heavies are, so yeah, but no.