Canoodian

T-34-3 First impression: A solid and underrated premium tank.

33 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:

I'm actually tempted to do an HE only challenge but iuno how that would go.

If your aim is to make pubbies salty, you'll probably succeed for sure.

This tank is really love hate. It really is. When the gun works it's amazeballs. When it doesn't this tank is the single biggest pos ever put in this game. 

And my definition of "gun works" == pen IS-3s with AP... you get the idea

"it doesn't" == bounce the hull of T29s/shoot tracks with full aim because fuck you.

Tank is far too inconsistent for me play frequently, and I'm not that invested in it to run a tryhard setup like Cuni does to tame it. 

Maybe if they buff the aim time to 2.7 seconds and the accuracy to 0.4 then maybe I'll ride it more. But otherwise, nah..

5 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:

An accuracy buff is all it needs, and all it could possibly get.

I prefer to fire my gun fully aimed more than once every 3.4 dark ages Kappa

4 hours ago, cpraf104 said:

I prefer to fire my gun fully aimed more than once every 3.4 dark ages 1.0

Alright fine, "Let's make it the only 122mm in a tank with a turret with less than 3 second aim time for no reason."

Accuracy buff would also help bloom a lot, you know.

2 hours ago, Cunicularius said:

Alright fine, "Let's make it the only 122mm in a tank with a turret with less than 3 second aim time for no reason."

Accuracy buff would also help bloom a lot, you know.

Well I still have to sit still and aim for a long time. But yeah, it would mean that I get trolled on those aimed shots a lot less. 

Accuracy is certainly an issue but pen is a bigger issue to me.  Buff that, and I'm happy!

9 hours ago, Pro_Fetus said:

Accuracy is certainly an issue but pen is a bigger issue to me.  Buff that, and I'm happy!

175 on a sheltered mm medium is fine given you can get side shots.. then you have a 250mm FUCKYOU heat round that can rip through anything you meet... provided you can hit them :doge:

I'd be happier with a dispersion/aim time buff instead of better ap pen :disco:

250 HEAT isnt that great; it's alright to have that level of pen with a 90mm, but with the 122's front-loaded damage output and horrid accuracy, it often just doesn't cut it. Not being able to tackle an IS-3 with either of your ammo choices is a huge problem in a tier filled with IS-3s.

Lately I've started to really dislike my T-34-3, which is sad because I was one of the biggest proponents of it beforehand. The gun just doesn't work at all, the tank sets on fire constantly, the turret is very weak for a hovermed, and it's sluggish. It occasionally has really nice games, but I'm doing no better in it now than I did two years ago before it got either of its buffs. The meta feels extremely violent to T8 MTs, but I'm also slowly degrading as a player so it could just be me.

I've found the 34-3 to perform based mostly on how many russian heavies are swanning around in queue... which sadly these days on SEA means it kind of sucks.

14 hours ago, Rexxie said:

250 HEAT isnt that great; it's alright to have that level of pen with a 90mm, but with the 122's front-loaded damage output and horrid accuracy, it often just doesn't cut it. Not being able to tackle an IS-3 with either of your ammo choices is a huge problem in a tier filled with IS-3s.

Lately I've started to really dislike my T-34-3, which is sad because I was one of the biggest proponents of it beforehand. The gun just doesn't work at all, the tank sets on fire constantly, the turret is very weak for a hovermed, and it's sluggish. It occasionally has really nice games, but I'm doing no better in it now than I did two years ago before it got either of its buffs. The meta feels extremely violent to T8 MTs, but I'm also slowly degrading as a player so it could just be me.

I agree on this...I've been able to consistently get side shots, and hitting the proper spots on frontal attacks, however the option to flank isn't an option in most games unless you uselessly snipe from far away.  Which as we know is basically a wasted shot in most cases.  Then removing the right side from attack really limits any exposure.

This tank performs much better in platoons but is hit or miss in pubbies.  Since I use this as a credit building tank it fails in that area as well by not being consistent. 

The potential is great if you add more pen and better accuracy. Right now it's a very frustrating tank.  Almost keyboard chucking frustration.

and Rexxi degrading say it isn't so...does Ziddy still allow you to run with him???  JK

23 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I'm kinda feeling the same (having been gone for a year and all), but this tank has a lot of potential because of the alpha. However, missing shots has cost me so many kills/games that I pretty much spam pure HEAT out of it since the AP pen is so anemic that it's not even worth using. It doesn't help that the gun handling is trash; it feels worse than the Type 59, though the Type 59 I'm playing has BiA.

But yeah, fighting IS-3/6's head on is near impossible due to the troll armor. I just try to go around or avoid them, which kinda sucks.

I almost regret buying this thing a year ago and playing one game with it then. 89 games later I kind of hate it, though I got 6th sense and safe stowage recently with the gun handling skills, so it's slightly more tolerable. At least I do better in it than the FCM... That thing does not stand up well to the meta...

Accuracy reduction smacked the tank pretty solidly, last few times I played it I was all like, "da fuq? Oh right, buffs all got countered by sigma changes." WZ-111 is the same situation. When I first got it the thing was pretty solid, then sigma nerf and wtf, I'm trying to juggle shit AP or shit HEAT with a gun that couldn't hit the ground were it not for gravity. Should have played it back then and built up a decent Chinese medium crew while I had the chance.

When was the accuracy nerf? Last time I remember reading about accuracy it was buffed, but that was at least a year ago...

Also I just gave up and shoot straight HEAT in it. Maybe AP when I know I won't bounce (like against LT). The gun is just too stupid otherwise. That, and I lost my "feel" for what I can pen with the AP round, lol.

Accuracy was super buffed like 3 years ago, then toned back down about a year ago. It hurt a lot of tanks with bad accuracy, was sort of a gradual realization of, "didn't this thing used to work way better?"

69 battles, 1736 dpg, 1 MoE. (Shooting little to no heat)

I got BiA a couple of battles before getting the first mark and the performance improved a lot!

On 5/27/2016 at 3:12 AM, Ezz said:

I've found the 34-3 to perform based mostly on how many russian heavies are swanning around in queue... which sadly these days on SEA means it kind of sucks.

I agree.

On 5/6/2016 at 3:10 AM, Canoodian said:

Yup. Most fun tank in the game.

Definitely the most fun tier 8 premium..

Everything else is just a 90mm turd or a derpy 122mm HT..

This is a derpy 122mm turd that never sees tier 10s and wrecks havoc :serb:

It's a fun tank, but I still say the SP is the most fun pref 8 in the game.

9 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

It's a fun tank, but I still say the SP is the most fun pref 8 in the game.

Maaaaaan, how can you say that the SP is the most fun pref 8, when you have fcm 50t, and this T-34-3, for me, even the IS-6 is more fun than the SP.

6 hours ago, Urshakus said:

Maaaaaan, how can you say that the SP is the most fun pref 8, when you have fcm 50t, and this T-34-3, for me, even the IS-6 is more fun than the SP.

Armor that trolls anything you see and an APCR round that is the lightning bolt of Zeus make an awesome package.

For me the T-34-3 is the most fun tier 8 premium tank out of all the ones I've played so far. It just feels so satisfying. My play style was never that of snipers anyways, so accuracy isn't much of an issue. T-34-3 is bae <3

2 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Armor that trolls anything you see and an APCR round that is the lightning bolt of Zeus make an awesome package.

Yes, but that are the only things, that are good about this tank, for beginners this tank is good, but I dont play it anymore for the slow speed.  

2 minutes ago, Urshakus said:

Yes, but that are the only things, that are good about this tank, for beginners this tank is good, but I dont play it anymore for the slow speed.  

It's fairly slow, but still fast enough to keep up with most heavies - slower uphill but faster downhill, and it turns pretty well.  Having a good crew in there helps.

I only used the tank for Credits...Damage has always been good when it penetrates.  I only play it for fun now.  Not worth trading its viability for the headaches.