Garbad

10 Reasons why you should be playing Armored Warfare

Which tank best tank?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank best tank?

So I opened the client to patch the game and 16GB dll waiting :serb: When it finished downloading installation failed because corrupted file xyz :serb::doit: 16 fucking GBs...

So I opened the client to patch the game and 16GB dll waiting :serb: When it finished downloading installation failed because corrupted file xyz :serb::doit: 16 fucking GBs...

If you ahve an old version you are supposed to completely uninstall, then reinstall.  Its 18 gb download, 60 gb on disk I think.  Some people in shitter PCs have reported problems.  I'm no expert tho.

I'm at 19.22 gbs, looking forward to my extra 3.22 gbs being advert generating virii.

eveything feels a lot more smooth and easy in AW compared to WOT

PVE is also very nice to get some upgrades

all in all it looks like it could be a very good game, and give WG somethings to think about

Garbad, you are an very good writer.  You should seriously consider doing some long articles or even write a book. I think you would be excellent in the Malcolm Gladwell vein.

Garbad, you are an very good writer.  You should seriously consider doing some long articles or even write a book. I think you would be excellent in the Malcolm Gladwell vein.

Thanks, but who would pay me?  All I know is history, internet tanks, dating advice, and hatred.  I can't really see a market for a book on those.

Garbad, you are an very good writer.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I had no intentions of playing this game, cause... um, don't want to grind again. Not really interested in modern tanks, and all that. But after reading this I might give it a try. That and just a few TOO many critical hits last night at inopportune moments, which had me literally tearing my hair out.

Totally agree with you Garbad. AW was also able to fix the bug that prevented me from installing the game after EA3, and I played a few games already during the stress test. I've submitted support tickets with WG before and they never fixed my problems so I had to find work arounds.

Also about that sunk cost argument. The only thing that would keep me in WOT is all the gold I have sitting there doing nothing. However, I've been playing WoWS a little and hopefully my gold will eventually transfer to that. So for me at 38K the sunk cost isn't as much of a factor anymore.

Edited by MntRunner

Totally agree with you Garbad. AW was also able to fix the bug that prevented me from installing the game after EA3, and I played a few games already during the stress test. I've submitted support tickets with WG before and they never fixed my problems so I had to find work arounds.

Also about that sunk cost argument. The only thing that would keep me in WOT is all the gold I have sitting there doing nothing. However, I've been playing WoWS a little and hopefully my gold will eventually transfer to that. So for me at 38K the sunk cost isn't as much of a factor anymore.

I figure I'm hoarding my gold for world of spaceships.  Everyone knows the russians are OP in the early game but imma have to use that stash to bypass the 70s-90s.

Why?  What did you like less?

The fact that I dont want to grind again, dislike modern tanks and didn't spend too much time on it yet of course heavily influenced my opinion. But controlling a tank felt more sluggish, the difference between stock and upgraded was noticeable but still sluggish. Maps are bigger, but because every thing goes faster, so it really doesn't matter. Low tier gameplay was pretty much blobbing to certain choke points and fight, enough corridors around.

Im not saying it is a bad game, just not some thing that will capture my (full) attention. Ill give it another try when it gets released. But at most it is some thing I will play besides WoT, never as main tank game.

Thanks, but who would pay me?  All I know is history, internet tanks, dating advice, and hatred.  I can't really see a market for a book on those.

I'd pay to read a humorous retelling of the history of eve

The fact that I dont want to grind again, dislike modern tanks and didn't spend too much time on it yet of course heavily influenced my opinion. But controlling a tank felt more sluggish, the difference between stock and upgraded was noticeable but still sluggish. Maps are bigger, but because every thing goes faster, so it really doesn't matter. Low tier gameplay was pretty much blobbing to certain choke points and fight, enough corridors around.

Im not saying it is a bad game, just not some thing that will capture my (full) attention. Ill give it another try when it gets released. But at most it is some thing I will play besides WoT, never as main tank game.

when was the last time you played AW?

Did you by chance start off on the russian MBT line?  I ask because the AW take on T-54/T-62 is different than WOT, by far.  In Wot they are high rof, fast.  In AW they are sluggish, high dpm brutes.  An aw T-62 feels more like a Wot IS-7 than a wot T-62.  Or more like a T-54 proto with more bang than a T-44.

I'd pay to read a humorous retelling of the history of eve

I found something cool in eve the other day.  You can display a map of where you visited and when.  You can see a moving hotspot of where I was for the last 5 years, and its like retracing the steps of each major war or event I was involved in.  Kinda cool.  Unfortunately, the screenshots are quite hard to interpret.

I haven't been playing this as much as I should have. I'll probably play a good bit this weekend. Nice post, by the way, Garbad.

Tried some weeks ago for about 50 games, lot of promise but not wot killer yet, gotta download again and play some more to see how much it has improved

Positives:

- Tank classes were more various because they had special abilities

- Tank unlocking more intresting

- Different ammo types to add something new and intresting, though I ended shooting ap/apds most of time anyway as heat damage increase did not see worthwhile compared to negatives. But probably my lack of skills.

Some negatives:

- Not much maps and most of them are really camper friendly. Lot of cover and bushes. Though I know scouts are more powerful(?) so maybe its balanced.

- Peoples whine WoT maps has too much tunnel but AW has even lot more in some maps. Prize goes for that island map which is nothing but tunnels.

- Arty can still one-shot you if you playing some light vehicle. There is warning about arty aiming you but its damn short if you are standing still.

- Driving and shooting is not as responsive as wot. Servers were in EU and I play from EU but there was still lag, especially when shooting there was noticeable lag. Playing wot from eu to na wot server was more responsive than aw eu->eu

- That rainy airfield map (Ghost Field?) reminded what I hated on War Thunder tanks: lot of grass/bushes/other crap on ground so you gotta try fish out enemy tank outlines by aiming it middle of all bushes to find if you can shoot it or if its behind hill or rock or whatever.  But most of time this is less problem than with WT

- Feels too grindy to get new tanks/modules. For example grind to get new ammo type for gun which is just few percent increase in pen compared to old, too small improvement compared to grind.

Some of negatives I listed could be just because I dont know game good enough, but these were my first impression.

Edited by sahtila

> - Not much maps and most of them are really camper friendly. Lot of cover and bushes. Though I know scouts are more powerful(?) so maybe its balanced.

Agreed, but faster MBTs make this less bad than it would be in WOT.  Overall, people camp a lot less in AW.

- Peoples whine WoT maps has too much tunnel but AW has even lot more in some maps. Prize goes for that island map which is nothing but tunnels.

Seriously, fuck that map.  All maps were non corridor and then they put that turd in.  As you can imagine, it got a lot of bitching.  They might pull it out.

- Arty can still one-shot you if you playing some light vehicle. There is warning about arty aiming you but its damn short if you are standing still.

...you must have been very unlucky.  Arty usually does like 400 dmg max and tanks have 800-3000 hp.  No ammo racks (well, no insta kill racks).

- Driving and shooting is not as responsive as wot. Servers were in EU and I play from EU but there was still lag, especially when shooting there was noticeable lag. Playing wot from eu to na wot server was more responsive than aw eu->eu

Server was in NA for the last test.  They have one in EU as well, I think NA is currently active.  Both will be active in live.