Garbad

10 Reasons why you should be playing Armored Warfare

Which tank best tank?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank best tank?

You all appear to have some serious delusions if you think someone who writes  press releases and does a bit of community interaction in an obviously understaffed forum has any say in marketing, distribution, balance... ect... all the problems with the game.

Although SS has made reprehensible comments on some topics, I think we can agree that he has a vested interest in doing well by seeing WG lose steam. 

I have yet to see SS doing a bad job. Please do not let WoT experiences cloud your obviously collective judgement on the matter.

You all appear to have some serious delusions if you think someone who writes  press releases and does a bit of community interaction in an obviously understaffed forum has any say in marketing, distribution, balance... ect... all the problems with the game.

Although SS has made reprehensible comments on some topics, I think we can agree that he has a vested interest in doing well by seeing WG lose steam. 

I have yet to see SS doing a bad job. Please do not let WoT experiences cloud your obviously collective judgement on the matter.

Yeah, how dare you guys judge that nazi sympathizer!  He might be very competent at deleting threads he doesn't approve of!

It is not the kindness of the baker that I rely upon for him to bake my daily bread -- the invisible hand moves everyone.  Either he wakes up early, works hard, and makes bread better than the other bakers...or else his family starves, and some other baker claims my custom.  Likewise, its not the corporate kindness of AW I place my faith in -- its the simple fact that they either make me happy or die.

Dude you live in US of A, you see every day how RL shiters buy low quality overpriced crap. Capitalism at its finest and no, its no different in game world. 

Dude you live in US of A, you see every day how RL shiters buy low quality overpriced crap. Capitalism at its finest and no, its no different in game world. 

Yeah, our standard of living is probably just luck.

Yeah, our standard of living is probably just luck.

Its the same in almost every part of modern word, quality is not guarantee of  business success let alone market dominance. 

Edited by Paaranoja

Oh?  Is that what they tell you in eastern europe?

Explain Beats by DR. Dre, Iphone etc. 

Edited by Paaranoja

Explain gold.

Wat?

The question stands, how can an overpriced product have any market share or even majority of market if "everyone" only buys the best and the best buy.

People are dumb, you are not, you are in minority, ergo your ideas are only wishful thinking. 

Wat?

The question stands, how can an overpriced product have any market share or even majority of market if "everyone" only buys the best and the best buy.

People are dumb, you are not, you are in minority, ergo your ideas are only wishful thinking. 

Explain gold, and you will understand beats.

Wat?

Depends what criteria you are looking at.  Some people have different (fucked up, imo) priorities and care about image/branding above all.  From that perspective those products excel.

edit;

also, no idea about beats, but it's nice to be able to sell your iphone with very little depreciation when you decide to get a new one.  

Edited by Kramburglar

Depends what criteria you are looking at.  Some people have different (fucked up, imo) priorities and care about image/branding above all.  From that perspective those products excel.

For the same reason, WOT will not be wiped by AW. They excel at at least one thing now and thats: arcade WW2-ish tank shooter.

Explain gold, and you will understand beats.

From bakers to gold... Why dont you stop acting like sphinx and converse normally. If you can elaborate on why you think Obsidian will never resort to capitalistic way of ruining their company that would be great?  (wot was quite generous and tame in beta, just like AW is now)

Also how do you explain clearly inferior product bought IRL if people only search for the best? 

pls no more mr riddler

Riddler_(Batman_Forever).jpg

Edited by Paaranoja

For the same reason, WOT will not be wiped by AW. They excel at at least one thing now and thats: arcade WW2-ish tank shooter.

Not saying that would happen, just commenting on why "crap" things can sell so well.  They are only crap based on what you find important.

To go back to Garbad's baker analogy, if people love garlic bread, and there is a baker that makes bread that drips with garlic to the point you find it gross, it doesn't matter if it's crap to you if that's what people want then the baker is doing his job and will sell a lot.

Not saying that would happen, just commenting on why "crap" things can sell so well.  They are only crap based on what you find important.

To go back to Garbad's baker analogy, if people love garlic bread, and there is a baker that makes bread that drips with garlic to the point you find it gross, it doesn't matter if it's crap to you if that's what people want then the baker is doing his job and will sell a lot.

so we can conclude that until everyone starts being objective Beats or Iphone wont run out of business because you can buy Senheiser or HTC, and by same rule WOT won't dry out because AW presents less money grabing characteristics... for now.

?

so we can conclude that until everyone starts being objective Beats or Iphone wont run out of business because you can buy Senheiser or HTC, and by same rule WOT won't dry out because AW presents less money grabing characteristics... for now.

?

Sure, but by the same token, you can conclude that (assuming they aren't retarded) AW realises that a large part of their draw is providing better business practices than WoT, the same way that Senheiser or HTC can't afford to drop to Beats or Apples quality, or they lose the segment that cares more for what they offer.

The thing that makes some products competitive is their marketing. How is that not clear?

From discussion of games you reached human nature and global economy, not bad at all, allow me to also bite;

I think four things effect why people buy stuff of lesser quality and huge low quality brands can success:

1. People are Impatient they want things here and now and don't wish to wait even for better quality.

2. Price - No need to explain.

3. Stupidity.

4. Pack mentality - i.e I see someone else has "X" I want it too.

You listed few companies but there are so many and they are huge and I said global economy for a reason those "issues" are global and not limited to this country or the other, want European example ? IKEA.

Garbad's point is similar to Robert Pirsig's ( a tedious but enlightening book), to wit: "How do you define quality?".

It means different things to different people and many reasons are logically irrational.

Why is gold considered valuable (quality) when it has so few useful properties?  Because we all agree it is.  What is the price (value) of anything?  What someone else will give you for it.

Paaranoja,

One thing you are failing to account for in your marketing is customer service when you make your comparisons.

The western world has nailed down customer service pretty hard. In fact, where I live (Las Vegas), we call it the Service Industry (Any job that makes tips, tokes, or services customers). I love WoT, despite being a shitter that can't compensate for a team full of shittier shitters, but AW seems to be, so far, being much more customer oriented than WoT was early on and, in some respects, even today.

Same thing with overpriced iPhone. The Apple pros, or whatever the name is for the employees that fix your shit there, provide a level of service that you don't get with Motorola, HTC, etc. Apple doesn't let carriers dictate to them what goes on their phone while every other manufacturer of phones, exception of the Google Branded Nexus line, allows bloatware. People pay extra for the service and protection from their cellular carriers. You're using a very superficial look at economics and markets to make your point and I'm touching on one very small area that heavily influences customer choice.

I don't own an iPhone btw, but I understand the role of Apple in the market. It's just an easy item that you've used to help explain it.

Capitalism used to be something the western world excelled at. Unfortunately, it wasn't a secret or magical formula that consumers help determine value. The difficulty is in the company 'helping' the customer see that value eg. Beats by Dre. Currently I work for a very large online retailer and you would not be surprised at how many Beats get returned. It's a shitty product given it's value by pop culture. The eastern world has gotten much better at playing Capitalism, but it's yet to make progress in customer service.

Gold doesn't react with Oxygen and corrode. It's the appropriate level of rareness, cannot be simply created, is fairly stable in quantity, and is malleable. Certain precious metals became assigned with value because they were the ideal substances to constitute currency since the earliest days. Gold's value is really built upon practical foundations.

This had nothing to do with anything, just sayin.

Gold doesn't react with Oxygen and corrode. It's the appropriate level of rareness, cannot be simply created, is fairly stable in quantity, and is malleable. Certain precious metals became assigned with value because they were the ideal substances to constitute currency since the earliest days. Gold's value is really built upon practical foundations.

This had nothing to do with anything, just sayin.

Gold's value is that men think its pretty, and it makes decent jewelry.  Its fashion.  Like all fashion, it serves only to look cool and show off wealth.  Not coincidentally, Beats by Dre are not sold to audiophiles.  Their quality as tools, like gold, is unimportant.  What matters is that they set a person out as trendy, rich, and cool.

That queue... very smart move hiding the best retrofits and commanders behind a class that is capped by 2 per battle...

70b9b8a90d.png

Well, arty mechanics in AW mean they can't jerk off while playing anymore, so now they can do it while waiting in queue