Garbad

10 Reasons why you should be playing Armored Warfare

Which tank best tank?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank best tank?

So let me put it like this -- spend this weekend trying out AW, not WOT.  Toss some money at AW, if you think its worth it.  Either you will find a new game that you enjoy or WG will shit their pants and scramble to make a game you enjoy even better.  Either way, you win.  But you won't win if AW fails -- WG will go right back to mocking and ignoring you.  So even if you plan on staying with WOT, its in YOUR interests to give AW a serious look.

Now lets make that smug bald bastard sweat, friends.  That alone is worth my entertainment money.

This alone is what I've been arguing for a while. If you like WoT, then you want AW to succeed.

3.  Sunk Cost

I get it.  You have 20k games in WOT.  You have great crews, tons of tournament gold, a good, active clam, friends to play with.  You know all the tanks, you have most of the good lines unlocked...why go play another tank game?  First off, because its fun.  If you don't enjoy playing tank games why are you playing tank games?  If you seriously are playing to maximize your stats or whatever, you are mentally ill and need a wakeup call -- one way or the other, no one will give a fuck about your wn8 in 3 years.  Stop stressing about it and doing unfun things to get some stupid score.  On the other hand, if you actually enjoy tanks...what does it matter if you enjoyed another tank game before AW?  All that matters is that AW is worth playing, or not.  I think its worth playing, and so I ditched my WOT account with 30k games, 9 months premium, tons of gold, etc.  AW is simply better, and playing a worse game just because I have time invested in it makes no sense.

This shouldn't matter. I have 19 Tier 9s and 24 Tier 10s and a shit load of other nice things in WoT. Your progress isn't going anywhere so trying out AW for extended periods of time isn't going to make your stuff disappear in WoT.

I plan to reinstall AW soon. My only concern is watching their developers flip flop 1-2 years from now and have the same attitude that WG had in its monopoly years. To that end, I'm going to play for free for a while, but at least I'll be in their MM queues.

~72 hours I'd presume so far since release (college student lyfffffeeee) . 649 battles.  Went down the BMD line and got Warrior + Ramka-99 at the same time and now I just free XP'd the Paladin to get its retrofit.

Do you play purely PvP, PvE or a good mix of the two?

I find that PvE, especially in hard mode, yields as much rep as PvP does per game but PvE battles tend to go faster with a much higher success rate. Because I mainly solo I tend to stick to PvE.

When I do PvP it tends to be in lower tier tanks because those tiers tend to be a lot more fun. High tier PvP sucks mainly because of so many scrubs playing there.

Do you play purely PvP, PvE or a good mix of the two?

I find that PvE, especially in hard mode, yields as much rep as PvP does per game but PvE battles tend to go faster with a much higher success rate. Because I mainly solo I tend to stick to PvE.

When I do PvP it tends to be in lower tier tanks because those tiers tend to be a lot more fun. High tier PvP sucks mainly because of so many scrubs playing there.

I prefer PvP, although every once in a blue moon I'll accept an invite to play PvE.  PvE in hard mode typically does provide better XP unless you're exceptionally good at PvP (platoon for consistency in winning as well).  Once Insane mode returns I have no doubt that PvE will be hands down the best way to grind quickly.  Tier 8 PvP is pretty cancerous at the moment, always some terrible players or flat out trolls on provided you don't get stuck with a 2 hour queue.  The TE clan is the worst, they triple platoon tier 7/8 and then intentionally attempt to throw battles for some reason.  Pretty sure they are salty that KEVIN clan destroyed all of them game after game during the first week and now they just yolo to try and dick us out of wins.  Also, the Abrams series spam is real at the moment. Carrying in the BMD-4 can be somewhat troubling at times simply because it runs out of ATGM's so easily and having to rely on being able to get behind hoards of enemy Abrams can be challenging.  The XM1 and other Abrams tanks can pretty consistently bounce autocannon fire from the sides.

Edited by shwedor

Maybe I'm a complete moron but I find I still get buttfucked by RNG in many games. Shells just fly to the edge of aiming circle.

AW has also serious issues with destructed objects blocking your shots as if they still were there.

One thing I don't also find very good is the fact platoons seem much more powerful than in WoT, but then again many platooning people probably like that.

Also Garbad fails to mention the game supposedly has skill based matchmaking.

But I think anyone who has played AW can agree they are doing alot of things better than WoT, and open beta has only just started.

Edited by TankkiPoju

I prefer PvP, although every once in a blue moon I'll accept an invite to play PvE.  PvE in hard mode typically does provide better XP unless you're exceptionally good at PvP (platoon for consistency in winning as well).  Once Insane mode returns I have no doubt that PvE will be hands down the best way to grind quickly.  Tier 8 PvP is pretty cancerous at the moment, always some terrible players or flat out trolls on provided you don't get stuck with a 2 hour queue.  The TE clan is the worst, they triple platoon tier 7/8 and then intentionally attempt to throw battles for some reason.  Pretty sure they are salty that KEVIN clan destroyed all of them game after game during the first week and now they just yolo to try and dick us out of wins.  Also, the Abrams series spam is real at the moment. Carrying in the BMD-4 can be somewhat troubling at times simply because it runs out of ATGM's so easily and having to rely on being able to get behind hoards of enemy Abrams can be challenging.  The XM1 and other Abrams tanks can pretty consistently bounce autocannon fire from the sides.

Quote is from shwedor (quoting seems to be fubar'ed right now).

PvP without platooning is a lottery at best so I never do it.
I wish I could say that the EU server was any better than NA but it isn't. I haven't seen any interclan stupidity but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We do have a much better crop of racist trolls than NA does, sadly.
High tier PvP is just as toxic though.
Not sure what the demographics of tanks likes looks like on EU, I only have PvE to go on. There I am seeing Leo line, T Series and Abrams in fairly equal numbers. See a lot of Challenger 1's but, strangely enough, no Ariete.

I just hope they fix some of the many broken tanks (T-72 line), nerf the OP ones (XM1) and also tidy up the maps for god sake. Most maps are blody horrible, if we ever bitched about corridor based maps in WoT, AW is even worse.

Added to this, they place retarded structures in the maps, Roughneck refinery, Pipelines refinery + a big arse pipe, which adds to the bad gameplay.

If they don't have any ideas to fill up the maps, then don't i would rather fight on plain hills, with trees, rocks, etc..  then some retarded building.

Only map i actually enjoy is Reactor.

Also fix the awfull UI. It's not year 2000.

Dispite that, i still enjoy the game.

Maybe I'm a complete moron but I find I still get buttfucked by RNG in many games. Shells just fly to the edge of aiming circle.

AW has also serious issues with destructed objects blocking your shots as if they still were there.

But I think anyone who has played AW can agree they are doing alot of things better than WoT, and open beta has only just started.

Shots flying to the edge of the aiming circle is proof that the system works. Getting shots that land outside the aiming circle ala WoT doesn't, at least in my experience, happen.

I am still seeing wire fences blocking AP(FS)(DS) rounds and other stuff does get in the way. Most (un)amusing are points on maps that cause your tank to suddenly make a hook turn for no apparent reason.

if we ever bitched about corridor based maps in WoT, AW is even worse.

Only map i actually enjoy is Reactor.

What?! Fucking hate that map so much.

And uninstalled... While grinding T4s (because T5 mm is fucked up with all the T6 prems), I got bored/frustrated/annoyed as hell... will check again in a year if the game got any decent. Back to WoT.

I figured that out during the head start week. Games were really bad when I played my 5's and 6's. I've found it's much better  to stay at the top of the masses. Most people who are grinding are in the tier 3-4 range on NA, and you see fewer trolls at those tiers. I've played a few battles at tier 5 this week, and that tier is starting to get better too. Tier 6 queues have been significantly longer, and you still get put in with the baddie tier 7 and 8 players.

What?! Fucking hate that map so much.

Same. Going over the Dam is pointless, the west side usually turns into a standoff and by time you wipe out the enemy the game is already won or lost because of what happened elsewhere on the map, and the middle is best suited for tanks with gun depression which most do not have.

And uninstalled... While grinding T4s (because T5 mm is fucked up with all the T6 prems), I got bored/frustrated/annoyed as hell... will check again in a year if the game got any decent. Back to WoT.

I'm honestly curious what the problems are for you

I reinstalled the game after over a month and to my surprise found an Object 155 (T55?) sitting in my garage. Wasn't that for a one day event only about 2 weeks ago? I think it may have been given to all early testers regardless of logging in that day or not.

IRD get how people love low tiers so much. It's basically high tier wot: try anything aggressive and get annihilated by unspotted TDs and arty.

EDIT: Really, how do you into this game? I can't make anything fucking work. Any time I get a nice hulldown I get bombarded by laser-cannon artillery until I have to leave. Any time I push I get lit and exploded by invisible TDs. 

Edited by OnboardG1

I reinstalled the game after over a month and to my surprise found an Object 155 (T55?) sitting in my garage. Wasn't that for a one day event only about 2 weeks ago? I think it may have been given to all early testers regardless of logging in that day or not.

All Early Access testers got it. In fact, originally only EA testers were going to get it then they announced that the stress test people would also get it. This upset some early access testers, but I viewed the strees test as the final early access test.

I'm honestly curious what the problems are for you

Crap, had a reply typed but it is gone... basically, maps trash, vision system trash, MM trash due to t6 prems, teams trash due to lack of skills and you really rely on them more, t5 and below trash armor, hiding retrofits behind lines you don't want to grind trash, warning for arty and missiles useless. some more minor stuff like commanders not working properly...  so grinding is a horrible experience.

how that ? :P

Or is everyone now crying about wot to you ?

The amount of hate is staggering. A lot of shiters probably escaped from wot thinking they will be able to suck without any need to deal with decent players

The amount of hate is staggering. A lot of shiters probably escaped from wot thinking they will be able to suck without any need to deal with decent players

Imagine yourself -- a tank lover, who enjoys playing video games.  You stumble across a fun, realistic tank game.  You instantly sink hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into it.  Being the skilled gamer you are, you know you dominate. There is only one problem.  The developers cheat.  They deliberately programmed the game to make certain people always unlucky.  Despite your skill, you are one of those unlucky people who always gets bad teams and bad RNG, and thus, can never get the good stats you deserve.  Worse, the community bullies and mocks you for "sucking," even though its not your fault.  You endure this for years, silently growing ulcers.

Then one day, to your joy, you find another, similar tank game!  Its much like the first, except you won't be cursed.  You happily throw hundreds of dollars at it, begin to play...and then find out a SECOND set of developers programmed the game to deliberately curse certain people, and once again you were chosen.  Think of how angry you would be.  Its just not fair.  Why are they out to get you?  Fuck internet tank games.  Time to poast on the forums.

Welcome to life as a shitlord.

Imagine yourself -- a tank lover, who enjoys playing video games.  You stumble across a fun, realistic tank game.  You instantly sink hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into it.  Being the skilled gamer you are, you know you dominate. There is only one problem.  The developers cheat.  They deliberately programmed the game to make certain people always unlucky.  Despite your skill, you are one of those unlucky people who always gets bad teams and bad RNG, and thus, can never get the good stats you deserve.  Worse, the community bullies and mocks you for "sucking," even though its not your fault.  You endure this for years, silently growing ulcers.

Then one day, to your joy, you find another, similar tank game!  Its much like the first, except you won't be cursed.  You happily throw hundreds of dollars at it, begin to play...and then find out a SECOND set of developers programmed the game to deliberately curse certain people, and once again you were chosen.  Think of how angry you would be.  Its just not fair.  Why are they out to get you?  Fuck internet tank games.  Time to poast on the forums.

Welcome to life as a shitlord.

My life summed up.

IRD get how people love low tiers so much. It's basically high tier wot

I've not tried PvP yet, but I'm quickly reaching the same conclusion.

I haven't even gotten my first tier 3 yet (still suffering from decision atrophy), but I think I'm going to try going down the AFV line.  Only that and the TD line seem to represent any worthwhile damage, and I've heard bad things about the late end of the TD line.

Really, how do you into this game? I can't make anything fucking work. Any time I get a nice hulldown I get bombarded by laser-cannon artillery until I have to leave. Any time I push I get lit and exploded by invisible TDs.

It really makes you wonder how people even got into WoT, right?  Like, it's the same shit, only now that you've been through this song and dance once, you can see the next iteration for being little more than a new coat of paint and bobblehead ornament.

Thanks, but who would pay me?  All I know is history, internet tanks, dating advice, and hatred.  I can't really see a market for a book on those.

Dating advice + hatred is about the hugest market that humanity will ever have. If you can't make money writing about a combination of those two things then you don't deserve money. ;)